21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 12:49 AM by ooOutraageousoo RSS

Slide Kills with an LMG?

ooOutraageousoo

Just got through the gold gun challenges on the LMGs and I have to say, I felt like a complete TOOL doing the slides...

 

I mean why would anyone do a slide in the first place even with a CQC weapon? But OK I get that a lot of the Halo Jumpers and younger kids would enjoy that sort of thing, but I was actually embarrassed doing it with a heavy gun, even the ChainSAW...

 

A necessary evil I guess (if you want to do challenges or have gold), but how about sparing a thought for the heavy gunners next time you think of a challenge please?

 

Most of us are a bit more reserved and tactical with LMGs than to sprint and slide...

 

Please be a little more appropriate in future, like Shooting down air support, Double or Triple Kills, Headshots, you know? Think about how a heavy gunner rolls...

 

You'll have us doing 360s and YY taps at this rate... LOL

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    admunday

    Some of them do seem a bit odd.

     

    The one I don't like is the 'no attachment' one, simply because I feel like I'm going into a game not best equiped to help win.  It feels selfish, like I'm only playing to complete personal goals.

     

    I therefore try to get these in FFA, but I've come to hate how that game mode

    • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
      ooOutraageousoo

      admunday wrote:

       

      Some of them do seem a bit odd.

       

      The one I don't like is the 'no attachment' one, simply because I feel like I'm going into a game not best equiped to help win.  It feels selfish, like I'm only playing to complete personal goals.

       

      I therefore try to get these in FFA, but I've come to hate how that game mode

      The naked gun challenges I saw the merit of to be honest, sorts out your aim and range thinking...

       

      Also the lean kills were easy enough with the naked gun, just camped a room or chokepoint for most of them...

      • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
        admunday

        Yeah, see your point, although learning the ranges of kills changes for me as soon as I unlock that camo, as I pretty much always have muzzle break or a silencer, depending on how I fancy playing!

         

        Agree on the combo with lean kills though.  A Leaning, Crouched, no attachments, long shot, rescue kill ftw!

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    OUHATEME

    For other challenges though have to be glad that there is no theatre mode. The sliding knife kill, how many stink faces happened because of this one. Could just imagine the montages. At least with the weapons you could keep a little distance and not end up with a face full if you missed .  Just a little humor there.

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    admunday

    This has got me thinking, presumably there are no sliding camo unlocks for the sniper or marksman rifles are there?

     

    I'm just trying to do my first marksman and as always start with the 'no attachments', so haven't looked any further yet!?

    • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
      ChronoZombie

      No slide for sniper or marksman, thank god, but MM does have a point blank camo, which is really annoying.  I really don't want to have to rush with those.

       

      What bothers me about the LMGs slide requirement is that it is actually higher than the ARs, which have higher mobility.

      • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
        admunday

        Good, that would of been daft!

         

        Presumably they have another requirement replacing slide kills then?  I'll check tonight.

         

        Does seem odd that LMGs have a higher slide requirement?  Presumably they expect you to forward slide all the way into the prone position more with these?  Don''t know!

      • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
        ooOutraageousoo

        ChronoZombie wrote:

         

        No slide for sniper or marksman, thank god, but MM does have a point blank camo, which is really annoying.  I really don't want to have to rush with those.

         

        What bothers me about the LMGs slide requirement is that it is actually higher than the ARs, which have higher mobility.

        I had to load Agility in to my set up for the slides, because it was too much hassle otherwise...

        • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
          ChronoZombie

          ooOutraageousoo wrote:

           

          ChronoZombie wrote:

           

          No slide for sniper or marksman, thank god, but MM does have a point blank camo, which is really annoying.  I really don't want to have to rush with those.

           

          What bothers me about the LMGs slide requirement is that it is actually higher than the ARs, which have higher mobility.

          I had to load Agility in to my set up for the slides, because it was too much hassle otherwise...

          I use marathon, and ready up can be useful.  Agility doesn't hurt, but marathon keeps you sprinting so that you don't suddenly run out of juice and are unable to slide when you need to.

      • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
        ooOutraageousoo

        ChronoZombie wrote:

         

        No slide for sniper or marksman, thank god, but MM does have a point blank camo, which is really annoying.  I really don't want to have to rush with those.

         

        What bothers me about the LMGs slide requirement is that it is actually higher than the ARs, which have higher mobility.

        For the point blanks, may I suggest you camp the top of a ladder and stick on Amplify?

         

        Better than the hit and miss of rushing... Not sure whether you have to do Hip Fires with those either, but I did a few point blank, no attachment, hi fires that way... I know I know... I hate myself...

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    trialstardragon

    They are called challenges for a reason.. to challenge you to play in ways your would not normally do with that weapon.

    • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
      ooOutraageousoo

      trialstardragon wrote:

       

      They are called challenges for a reason.. to challenge you to play in ways your would not normally do with that weapon.

      Really is that why they are called challenges? That's not true at all is it? Otherwise the Snipers challenge would be Point Blanks and Slides too, and the SMGs would be long shots...

      • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
        trialstardragon

        Just because one weapon has it does not mean every weapon has to have the same types of challenges. Each class has its own and does not need to be the same as another for it to be a valid challenge or belong in the game.

         

        Point is, they are to make you play outside of your preferred way of using that weapon. to put you out of your comfort zone so you adapt and learn different ways to use the weapon and think outside the box when using it.

        • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
          ooOutraageousoo

          trialstardragon wrote:

           

          Just because one weapon has it does not mean every weapon has to have the same types of challenges. Each class has its own and does not need to be the same as another for it to be a valid challenge or belong in the game.

           

          Point is, they are to make you play outside of your preferred way of using that weapon. to put you out of your comfort zone so you adapt and learn different ways to use the weapon and think outside the box when using it

          Not true, the challenges usually compliment the weapon group, and are suited to it...

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    nicedrewishfela

    I like the slide... but I seem to be Slide-challenged. I haven't quite mastered the use of it.

  • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
    NoLifeKing32

    The camo challenges in this game suck, and the reward sucks as well, I havent bothered with them. The ones I have completed are subconsciously.

    • Re: Slide Kills with an LMG?
      ooOutraageousoo

      NoLifeKing32 wrote:

       

      The camo challenges in this game suck, and the reward sucks as well, I havent bothered with them. The ones I have completed are subconsciously.

      I'm inclined to agree with you King, I only did them after I put 2500 kills on the LMGs and felt like I had nothing left to work towards...

       

      To be honest it felt about as far removed from the gun's natural use as possible... I actually felt ridiculous doing the slides with a Bipod weapon...

       

      I'm surprised there isn't a Point Blank challenge for the Sniper rifles given the thought process gone into the LMG slide challenge...