5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 7:18 AM by zingaa RSS

Fog...

iTzSurreal

Out of curiosity, I want to know who actually likes this map? Personally, I believe it to be the worst map in the game aside from Stormfront (a god-awful map). It has spawns that are utter garbage. The map plays like a standard Treyarch map: corner camp or run around like a chicken with its head cut off. There are too many paths all over the map, spawns are atrocious (I can't stress this enough.) Along with the game's terrible textures, the map is dark, so it's hard to see. This makes the tracker sight pretty overpowered. In addition to this, 60% of the games played in the Onslaught playlists seem to be on this map.

Oh yea, and the Michael Myers killstreak is extremely cheesy and ruins all immersion once it is called in.

• Re: Fog...
    JetEye

One of my favorite maps.  Close quarters. One of my favorite holidays is Halloween, so the haunted feel of it is cool.  I love the fog/ghost that flies around the map.  The Michael Myers killstreak reward is pretty fun.  I think it adds to the immersion.

yovlud

Please clarify...you don't like it because people camp too much and people run around too much?  I think you are complaining just to complain...

thaesino

Dude. Fog is, next to Bayview, the BEST of the new maps. Ignition has been utter sh*t. Not even MW2 had such spawning problems in the Scrapyard map.

I have yet to be spawn-killed in Fog (or Bayview for that matter). I have yet to spawn-kill anyone either.

More importantly... there are creepy things in that map, aside from the Jason maniac. There is a dead doll's (girl's) hand in one of the houses to the back. There are children who laugh if you go near that house, just like the children who sing during the Halloween theme.

I think the map has a GREAT sense of immersion, and would have been an even bigger fan favorite were it possible to release the maps during Halloween; which we know can't be because the new games always come out in November.

Bielsalmighty

I love Fog. Its great for playing musical flags as you run laps around it in Dom

My least favourite new map is probably Ignition, because I found Scrapyard to be pretty meh back in MW2, and I still feel the same way about it now. Would have preferred Highrise or Favela myself. Oh well.

obzi

I don't have any problem with the Fog map, funnily enough though I do seem to have a lot of problems with people who have names like itz, Xxx, sNiPeRzz and TrIckShoTTeRzz.

zingaa

obzi wrote:

I don't have any problem with the Fog map, funnily enough though I do seem to have a lot of problems with people who have names like itz, Xxx, sNiPeRzz and TrIckShoTTeRzz.

So true, I hate that alphanumeric crap. As soon as I see that I instantly think little kid or Quebecian.

BTW, love fog