32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 8:14 PM by Hittnswitches RSS

best headsets to use on call of duty ghost

prempz

Hi i'm kinda new to this thread and would like to know what type of headset people are using on the PS4 for call of duty ? I've haven't have the best of luck since purchasing headsets for gaming because they tend to break every time i buy them ( astro a50/ Sony pulse elite ) within like an hour and would like to know what is the best heavy bass headphones out there that has good 7.1 surround or should i just wait and see what gets released in the future ?

• Re: best headsets to use on call of duty ghost
    Thermonuclear1

check out turtle beach they make the best headphones in my opinion.

dragon/acdc

I have the pulse elite and it works great.Bass is good

prempz

i had the sony pulse elite and i must say the sound they have is probably the best ive used even compared to the a50s but after 30mins of gameplay with them i had this rumble noise when the bass was on . the rumble noise would also come on the menu when im not even playing cod so i tested it on a different game ( fifa) to see if it was only cod , no , and i still herd the same noise so i knew straight away there was something wrong with them so i got a refund

crankylee

astro a40

glaciermeow

Astro A50

prempz

I've bought the astros a50s too straight after the sony elite and had problems with the battery . i charge them for about 6 hours and the orange light would still appear on the headset meaning its still charging . so i took them out to see if it was working . 10 mins of gameplay on call of duty the the headset battery died so i went on the astros website and told them the issue and they said it was probably a bad battery so the next day i just refunded it because for something that was priced soo expensive and break in a matter of 10mins i just got angry and got my money back .

For some reason this is the second time i've bought a pair of headsets and its faulty  my luck on headsets haven't been good for some reason lol .

WhyNoName

Astro A40s - best headsets I've ever used.

prempz

I've herd there very reliable compared to the a50s which i didnt have a good experience with . how is the bass on the astros a40s ???? isit bass heavy ??? tbh im looking for a headset that is bass heavy

WhyNoName

I like the wired connections better than the wireless.  I had the Sony wireless headsets for the PS3 and the A40s blow them out of the water IMO.  As for bass heavy, I use the default settings on the A40, there are several settings that it can be changed to, but I like the default - not too bass heavy.  The other settings may have more bass, just never tried them.  Someone else on here may have tinkered with the various other settings and have more information on bass levels.

prempz

hmm did you try the sony elite versions ??? because they are bass heavy and probably imo better than the a50s  ???

i didn't really play around that much with the a50s when i had them due to the battery problem but i've used the presets and they were ok but wasn't bass heavy when i put it on the bass preset.  If what your saying is true that there's a way to edit your EQ  then mabe i should buy it again but hopefully pray that there's no issues this time around when i purchase it.

GALACT1C0s117

I'm using Astro A40s and they're amazing, you can hear footsteps even when you don't have amplify on. Also they're comfortable, and you can change the settings. The A40s and A50s are the same sound wise but the A50s are wireless and i think they have a couple of other features but the sound is the same.

XxBaloMatiasxX

I like my Tritton Ax Pro+ , the sound is amazing and they are cheaper then the Astros

eleven1181

If your wanting the best headset 1st thing you need to do is stay away from gaming headsets altogether and start looking at professional studio headsets.

Whats your budget ? I've had astro a50s and a few turtle beaches, sony pulse and afterglow there ALL poor sound quality.

My current setup costs £150 and beats any gaming headset setup out there, I use the superlux HD668b headset £30 this is a studio headset semi open for better soundstage, I use a zalman clip on mic with the headset £10 and finally I use the headset and mic with the astro 2013 mixamp pro for my surround sound.also should the headset or mic break there very cheep to replace.

For more info on the best headset try www.head fi.org it's a headset forum I'm not being funny but most people on here are recommending gaming headsets because they don't know any better, for headsets your better asking on headset forums.

PRaNK5STa7

I have tried the Turtles and the Astros -

Find the Astros slightly better in sound but not wireless where the Turtles are. However on PS4 wireless still means you have to plug it into the controller for Chat Audio so Astros may be best call for PS4. I have heard Sony's are pretty good too and are fully wireless.

Don't get high quality Audio headset like Eleven says. He is right they will sound better but you want something with directional surround sound like the Astros or the turtles so you can hear what direction footsteps are coming from. Makes a huge difference in this COD!

prempz

yeah ive tryed the astros a50s and had battery problems thats why im not so keen on them but may buy them again and pray this time i don't have that kind of problem or just wait

eleven1181

PRaNK5STa7 the headset I use it not expensive it's £30 it's not high quality compared to other studio headsets but it is better quality than all other gaming headsets. Also my headset will give better direction of footsteps bullets than any astro or turtle beach because there a semi open headset, this gives a bigger soundstage than a closed headset like astro, turtle beach etc. 

PRaNK5STa7

Yeah but your using the MixAmp Pro to get your surround sound processing right? whats that 70-80 pounds? My point is IMO surround sound is the main thing the OP should be looking at from his headphones for Ghosts. Your setup sounds sweet, and I probably can't comment on how it compares, but it is more complex then a straight TB or Astro and comparable in price when you chuck in the mic+mixamp+headphones.

eleven1181

YYes your right I use the mixamp it cost £110. It's not more complex it's just a different headset and mic I use and altogether my setup cost £150 in total. A40s cost £200 and a50s cost £250 and it's the headset you want to get right the mixamp is just a bonus, my headset on its own would still be great for footsteps because there semi open. Also these astro turtle beach headsets are very cheaply made if they break you need to buy everything again, if my headset breaks I'm only £30 for a new headset not £200 or £250. Basically gaming headsets are way over priced for what you get.

frustrationinc

I picked up a set of skullcandy SLYRs when I got my PS4 and love them.. they are good quality.. comfortable and are around 70 bucks (less then most TB's and Astros)

Rexens_View

Just my 2 cents.

I have the TB PX4 headset for the PS4 and it is quite good for ghosts.

Bass is pretty good but I don't know what your definition of "bass heavy" is compared to others.

They do require a patch cable to the controller which is annoying and there is no news on when the full Bluetooth patch is coming.

For a $200 headset its not bad, I am disappointed that there isn't full wireless functionality but overall pretty decent for Ghosts !!

You can sound-whore really well and it helps a ton in this game.

I have a $5,000 7.1 Home Theater which isn't as good for COD as the PX4.

Well, the subwoofer is sick for bass but directional sounds is lacking in comparison, even on the best settings.

Chat audio is very good too.

Hope that helped some.

GALACT1C0s117

I heard the Steelseries Siberias are really good if you pair them with the astro mixamp.

mynameistizzle

I have got some cheap and NICE multi platform headphones from Tritton and they are extremely good!

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_uni.asp

They are nice, Cheap (£39.99 from Argos UK) and you can take the Mic out and use them as music headphones for your Iphone and other devices.

I highly recommend this headset as when you don't fully have to plug it in to chat! all you do is pop the Jack lead from the headset into the controller and you can adjust the chat and audio settings from the sound settings by holding the PS button :-)

Have a look.

Hittnswitches

eleven is right gaming headsets arent as good as studio headsets. Competitive gamers use Audio Technica ad700s (what I have), Akgs like rc said or Senn PC360s. These have open backs for better sound. I would check out Mad Lust Envy's headphone guide before buying anything. You will have the advantage over console peeps using gaming headsets. Using the DSS2 or something to bring up the high EQ frequencies will also help you hear out DS better. It's a big(ish) investment so educate yourself first and watch the k/d increase.