24 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 9:35 PM by bughunt RSS

Wii U BO2 hack not possible? Watch the video!

Whack-a-newbie

So I swear this has happened to me a few times but I figured I must have been distracted by game play and didn't see what I thought I saw.

First, on Friday night in Drone I thought a player with a green name tag shot me in the face. I passed it off as "there must have been a friendly behind him and the tag just LOOKED like it was over the enemy that shot me." I blew it off and went on my way. Since then similar things have happened a few more times.

Today, playing Slums, I was running into the little garden alley in the center of the map. I saw shooting from the corner of the alley so I glanced up at my HUD and saw it was a friendly. I ran through the gate only to be shot in the back by an enemy sitting where the green arrow indicates a friendly.

I reviewed the video a dozen times and I can't come up with any explaination for how that would have happened.

I edited the video in Theater, but I'm unsure how to upload or share it. Someone give me a little direction on uploads, then view the video for yourself and help me explain how this happened if it's NOT a hack.

If this was an isolated incident I wouldn't think much of it, but I swear it's happened at least half a dozen times this weekend. I'm praying I'm wrong 'cause I remember how COD went to he11 after the Wii hacks. It became harder to find someone that WASN'T hacked than those that WERE!

• Re: Wii U BO2 hack not possible? Watch the video!

Heres how to whack a noobie >

The console hasnt been hacked yet, so no codes can be programmed, so its another reason.

FaTaL_ErRoR

Wrong!!!! We just aren't sharing yet.

Release coming this year. Will be the first ever FaTaL BrEw.

Just because you don't have access to the exploits doesn't mean they don't exist.

Things like ssnid unban aka Liberate mii. god mode, promote player, moon jump, ect. All wrapped up in a menu ported to your controller screen. You would have to be a complete moron to think this console took any longer than a week to fully take control of. We are currently working on FaTaL BrEw for ps4 and xb1 too. Get ready to see things only dreamed about with the original wii.

bughunt

SSNID?  You're talking about a Session ID?

I didn't realise that the Wii U was a web browser and that you were stealing its cookies...

The Wii U uses NNIDs (Nintendo Network ID) and you get banned server-side.  You'll need a whole new NNID or a new console.  Bans on the Wii were simple but required you to modify various identifiers (S/N, MAC, etc) to make your console appear different to the network - not a problem when it's not account based.

With the introduction of NNIDs (aka accounts) you will run into serious issues if any serials or identifiers of a console changed.  NNIDs are tied to the console and are checked and verified server-side.  What do you think would happen if you tried to connect using an NNID from a console it is not registered on?  You would also have that little problem of your NNID on Nintendo's server being locked/blocked/deleted/etc.  Kiss goodbye to any and all purchases.

It all looked legit until you said "ssnid unban".  And a menu ported to the controller screen?  Really?  "ported"?

TeamTwiizers did succeed in breaking through the security of the Wii U but they went no further due to the problems brought around due to piracy last time.  They do all the work and then the pirates come along, riding on their success and feeling all bad-ass because they changed one or two lines that redirects where data is read from.

Currently, there is no Wii U Homebrew scene.  It is inevitable that there will be at one point, but right now?  No.

Oh, it's going to be so good seeing the bans when it happens, though.

Excusing those little FaTaL EroRs, when can we expect teh FaIL_BrEw on Wii U, PS4 and XBox One?

fatalerror2

A mere typo on my part. Should have said snid. Indicating the serial number that is what is getting banned in the console.

And team TWiizers did nothing. And don't be butthurt about FaTaL_BrEw. Watch for the release It's on the way.

As far as ported goes. A term for which most people would understand to what is happening. Basically it is mocking the same process as the map being displayed on your controller. Although I actually managed to make the touch screen work for the menu.T

I have just finished making the same app for ps3&4 and xb60&1. You should see this all over the internet by April. (Making sure it can't be patched) Also It will be completely open source. Because I would love for people to change mine for whatever need they desire.

It is running on my wii u so you should give me your nnid and I'll show you just how much control it has. Then you'll be begging for the release so you can liberate yourself.

bughunt

True enough, I think it was Marcan, comex and svenpeter that broke the security.  I only know of one member from the original Twiizers that was involved.

However, there is still this little issue:

bughunt wrote:

With the introduction of NNIDs (aka accounts) you will run into serious issues if any serials or identifiers of a console changed.  NNIDs are tied to the console and are checked and verified server-side.  What do you think would happen if you tried to connect using an NNID from a console it is not registered on?  You would also have that little problem of your NNID on Nintendo's server being locked/blocked/deleted/etc.  Kiss goodbye to any and all purchases.

Banning the S/N on the original Wii was one of the banning methods used.  Easy to get around by changing the S/N.

Changing that on a Wii U will cause you to run into serious problems with your NNID as it is TIED to the console (not to mention that your NNID will be blocked/locked/deleted at Nintendo's end when you get caught)

You cannot use a NNID on a different Wii U without Nintendo making it happen on their end.  That means that they have all details of your NNID and the details of the console that it was created on assigned to it; you do not have access to this and cannot change any of it.

Oh, and all saves are tied to the NNID that was used to create them.  Lose the NNID = lose all game progress in all games.

This is February and it should be all over the internet by April?  It's running on your Wii U?  Excellent!  It won't be at all hard for you to produce a video, considering that it is clearly almost ready for release and you are already using it.

This strikes me the same as those that got their hands on a devkit.

Assuming that what you have said is true, anybody using it will be making a seriously big gamble and will be identifiable via their NNID (that they cannot change).  With that, I look forward to April

fatalerror2

A small screen shot of the black ops 2 save file and an app from the wii u on a pc.... http://prntscr.com/2s005w

Here is the save file. http://prntscr.com/2s05mz

It's on the way, get ready. And you have to be a complete idiot to think anything has to come from nintendo for authorization.

Get over yourself. Video proof will come with the release. Ask the ***** at treywho? what that file is. Then get ready to watch just how fast the exploits happen once we release.

bughunt

You showed exactly...nothing.

The screenshot showing the Black Ops save file and an app from the Wii U on your Windows 7 PC (with alternate folder icons) displays 3 folders.  The "Type" column states that they are folders but you have named them "...files".  You tried to cover that by scrolling the folder view pane down and cropping.  Means nothing.

The second screenshot shows equally...nothing.  It's a compressed archive.  You have the compressed archive open in a program that I think I recognise.  You have cropped the window title and anything that would identify the program out.

However, the size of the archive is interesting.  It looks as though it is being displayed in bits or bytes.

Use the Wii U and navigate to Data Management, specifically for BO2.  Note the 4096 KB size for individual saves.  Uppercase KB refers to KiloBytes.  Each save is 4 MB.

Assuming that the save files on the Wii U are saved in a compressed state and you are viewing the compressed file "as is" then that would mean that the 50000000 (bits) would equal 6103.51 KB / 5.96 MB

If the displayed 50000000 size is Bytes then that would mean that it is 48828.125 KB / 47.68 MB

They don't add up...

Now, regarding NNIDs on the Wii U.  Go and create a new NNID but choose the option to use an already existing one.  You know...one created on a different Wii U.  Won't work.  Changing a serial number that identifies the Wii U will mean that existing NNIDs on that Wii U won't work since it will appear to be a DIFFERENT Wii U.  You also forget that the NNID will be banned on their end.

The only way to use an existing NNID on a different Wii U is if Nintendo transfers it.  Ask anybody who has had to send their Wii U in for repair and ended up with a replacement console with a different S/N.

Hacks != exploits and vice versa.

Still waiting for that video.  Say hi to your buddy FaTaL_Luigui for me.  He rage quit HCTDM on BO2 earlier tonight.

fatalerror2

You should check into it before you spout off what you know nothing about. Also, you might check with treywho? before you respond. The file on my pc has my computer's name on it that is reason for crop. The window it is opened in was on my desktop. And you don't need to know who I am. The files on your Wii u are split. (part of it you see and the other part you can't) That is why the file is larger on the pc. You really need to move on from the old wii and realize they aren't exploited the same. Also there isn't any actual person on nintendo's end that authorizes the connection to the network. It is done by a simple handshake. If the connection appears to be real it accepts it. The s/n's being used in the liberate mii are not other console s/n. They are made up. They aren't paired up at manufacture. As long as the handshake happens and everything reads their network does not know that the s/n and the id don't belong together. Also you should read up on nintendo's website about how they let you take your save file off to play on a friend's wii u. Why do you think blops2 shows your name and your name 2 if it doesn't see a second user. And FaTaL_ErRoR is a team of 1. So I don't know who you are talking about. Also, when the files were pulled They were archived in a raw file (directly extracted) You are seeing what is inside the raw folder. If you knew anything about them you would know that is what they look like directly off your wii u. The tutorial will be coming. Along with the program that transfers from your usb to your pc and back to your usb.

I don't cheat myself at games. But you should thank treywho? for the release that's about to happen. They banned my console for cheating even though I have always played legit. I am just a good player. And since I was banned I decided to start building an un ban...aka liberate mii. So for any exploits or cheats made for all the "next gen" consoles you can thank these idiots for banning someone for something they didn't do. I should also tell you during the reversal of the ban I figured out how it occurs. Hmm, maybe it will go into the final product.

Now I am done with you. Anything else to say to me you can do so on the release.

bughunt

You do realise that you are going to look like a complete twerp when April comes and goes and there is no release, right?

fatalerror2 wrote:

The file on my pc has my computer's name on it that is reason for crop. The window it is opened in was on my desktop. And you don't need to know who I am. The files on your Wii u are split. (part of it you see and the other part you can't) That is why the file is larger on the pc.

All you did was show 3 folders.  Nothing more, nothing less.  You can try to come with excuses all you want...you showed nothing.

fatalerror2 wrote:

You really need to move on from the old wii and realize they aren't exploited the same. Also there isn't any actual person on nintendo's end that authorizes the connection to the network. It is done by a simple handshake. If the connection appears to be real it accepts it. The s/n's being used in the liberate mii are not other console s/n. They are made up. They aren't paired up at manufacture. As long as the handshake happens and everything reads their network does not know that the s/n and the id don't belong together.

Yeah, because Nintendo would totally use the same security as the Wii after what happened.  Where did I say that they have a room full of employees that personally validate each connection as it comes in?

For claiming to be a "hacker" you really have no grasp of logic.  Each S/N for each Wii U is unique.  If/When they ban that S/N the simple solution would be to change that S/N.  It doesn't matter what you change it to as long as it conforms to the expected format of a S/N and that it is no longer the BANNED S/N.  You will, in effect, be making your console appear to be a different Wii U...that's how it WORKS.  As I said, each is unique and there is a very real possibility that you could end up with a S/N belonging to an existing console already in the wild.  I have already explained how NNIDs are console locked and the problems you will face if you change S/N's or any other identifiers.

fatalerror2 wrote:

Also you should read up on nintendo's website about how they let you take your save file off to play on a friend's wii u.

This made me laugh.  I didn't really need to since I already knew all this.  Anyway, since you asked...

FAQ External USB Storage for Wii U | Wii U - External Storage Device

And here are the relevant quotes from that page:

13. Can I use an SD Card to save game data on the Wii U system?

For Wii U, SD Cards can be used for saving a picture of your Mii and QR Code patterns for your Mii, but not as an external storage device for Wii U software. SD Cards can, however, be used in Wii mode to save data for Wii games. This data is managed through the Data Management feature in Wii mode. SD cards are also used to transfer data from Wii to Wii U.

14. What data can be stored on a USB storage device?

Once a USB storage device has been exclusively configured for use with a Wii U console, it can be used to store games, applications, new downloadable content, application updates and save data. Once a device has been configured for use with a Wii U console, it cannot be used with another Wii U console, PC, etc., unless it is reformatted.

15. Why do I have to format my USB storage device?

To optimize performance and ensure a consistent experience, all USB storage devices must be formatted and configured on the Wii U console for exclusive use with the console. Once a device has been configured for use with a Wii U console, it cannot be used with another Wii U console, PC, etc., unless it is reformatted.

I have highlighted the important bits for you.  However, I am seriously questioning if you even own a Wii U now...since you seem to know nothing.  They say it is to optimize performance, etc, and that is kinda true.  However, they do not tell you that it is because it is encrypted.  Oh, I should mention that changing a S/N in order to try to connect online will also render previously formatted USB devices for that console unusable along with your NNID and its saves.

fatalerror2 wrote:

You should check into it before you spout off what you know nothing about.

Yeah...you really should.

I think I'll leave it at that now.  This reply is getting a little long and the rest of your post is irrelevant anyway.  All that is left for me to do now is follow your dramatic exit stage left.

fatalerror2 wrote:

Now I am done with you.

Looking forward to your April 1st release date

fatalerror2

Oh yeah that's right. You don't have FaTaL_BrEw yet.

between FaTaL_BrEw and a self made pc app it is.

But it's ok for you not to believe. I don't need your approval. This message wasn't intended for you anyway. Ask treywho?? who this message was for. They know my threat not idle. Ask them how many times a day they ban FaTaL_ErRo(R).

And then ask them how I keep getting back on. They know it is real. And now they get to see the full release in april on the 13th.

FaTaL_BrEw coming soon to: ps3, xb360, ps4, xb1, wii-u.

PS: I have decided to add the snid ban to the released build. (the same ban used by them)

Have fun.......

BlackMetroid95

Lol this guy is a complete moron Wii U hacked. Ha! Not for another 2 years im sure!

bughunt

fatalerror2 wrote:

And then ask them how I keep getting back on. They know it is real. And now they get to see the full release in april on the 13th.

FaTaL_BrEw coming soon to: ps3, xb360, ps4, xb1, wii-u.

bughunt wrote:

You do realise that you are going to look like a complete twerp when April comes and goes and there is no release, right?

I very nearly forgot about this.

And I think this is all that needs to be said, too.

nintendon't

You can only do single player hacks with a save file anyway on COD games, and they disappear as soon as a mission is complete. All of your multiplayer stats/data are on Activision's servers, and the data for multiplayer settings is on a file on the disc. Dude has no idea what he's talking about or doing.

A few years ago a friend of mine had a USB memory card adapter for the 360 and we used to mess around with stuff like running fast/jumping high in COD 4 single player. Good fun.

bughunt

Yeah, seems like this guy only had limited knowledge on the way it works and was regurgitating snippets of things he may have read on the internet.  While there are certain things that are theoretically possible, it doesn't apply to the Wii U and how the security now works.  He's probably bitter about being reset for boosting or got caught using something he downloaded for the PS3/360.

I just don't get why so many people are so desperate to fear-monger about it.  It will likely happen at some point from people who, unlike this guy, actually know what they are doing.  But with it will come some very salty tears as the ban hammer crushes them and they lose all access to online and their eShop purchases lol

Padiego

Drugs are bad for you.

barolb

Sounds as bad as target finder finding players through walls.

This game has issues X_X

BlackMetroid95

You were probably playing Search and Destroy. Dont worry, it happens to the best of us.

Convict7

I'd say it's a bug, this crap happened to me a lot on BO and MW3, besides, Wii U games can't be hacked yet, even the rumours about hackers jailbreaking the console just said that they must be offline, otherways Nintendo will strike.