35 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 7:30 PM by Gibson2013 RSS

Wargames (Squads)

Skeets1point51

When will the new maps hit Wargames in Squads Mode?  I should also mention that I have the Hardened addition with the Free-Fall map and there's never been a Wargames game on Free-Fall, ever.  Please update this game mode.  Since Multiplayer is so broken, it's the only thing my family and I like to play.  Thanks.

• Re: Wargames (Squads)
    boleje

So these maps aren't in Squads Wargame mode? If I can't play any of these DLC maps in Wargame, I definitely won't be buying a season pass...

Skeets1point51

Really Activision?  To busy to respond to me?  Keep crapping on the little people and eventually it'll come back around.  As of right now, I will not buy another Infinity Ward title you put out.  Honestly, I can't believe you didn't beg Trayarch to create the Next Gen CoD, because like MW3 (Most returned CoD to date, excluding this one I'm sure) this game is a pile of crap.  We all know it.  The only reason people are playing it is because there's NOTHING else to play...

1.  Matchmaking is severely broken.  Why am I in lobbies with people rocking 2+ K/D's?

2.  Be the first CoD to take K/D out so people actually go for objectives instead of camping.  Is that really asking to much?

3.  Fix squads.  It's unfinished.  Like I said before I pre-ordered and have the Free Fall map...Never seen it in Wargames - NOT ONCE.  FIX IT.

Skeets1point51

Any developers/moderators wanna chime in and give some answers - that would be great!  Thanks.

fishslobber

I to want to know when.

Community_name11

Same. Also, I don't think the dlc maps are in standard playlists either. How come the only place we can play dlc is in ten dlc only playlist?

Skeets1point51

Any info would be great.

Skeets1point51

Love how you ignore us, after we dump money into this pile of crap.  To good for a SIMPLE response?  Grab your man bits and atleast tell us, "Hey, we don't give a crap about you people enough to fix this game. We're to busy laughing all the way to the bank!"

The real Infinity Ward game will be coming out soon.  Titanfall.

P.S.  Last fake Infinity Ward game I buy for my family and I.  That's 3 copies, and 3 season passes we might as well flush down the toilet.  You won't get us again.

shawn00m

I can't believe there's been no official response to this. I came on here today trying to find the answer to this very question. Squads Wargames is pretty much all I play. If the DLC maps aren't going to be available for it, that was a huge waste of my money. There has to be a answer and a fix to this.

Skeets1point51

Official response, any time now...

boleje

Lets keep asking about it....         

The way I see it, they fix things according to:

• Popularity
    • Feasibility/Cost

I can't imagine in would take much to put these DLC maps in the Squads Wargame rotation....

Gibson2013

I asked Activision Assist on Facebook and was told that there was no word on that yet and it would get passed on.  I bought the season pass thinking that the DLC was going to be playable on all game modes.  I should have waited.  I hope they fix it soon or at least give us a time frame.

Skeets1point51

So you got a response on Facebook, but we haven't received one here...on their official page.  Wow.

Nasdaq401

they never said the dlc maps will be in squads mode.  Only multiplayer. It would be cool of the but what can you expect for these people?  They tried to fix their first update with a second revised one with no patch notes whatsoever or reason and it's till messed up and no one has a clue wtf they r doing.  I've come to expect this with call of duty period.

Skeets1point51

Treyarch's version is worth the wait.

Skeets1point51

Why wouldn't they put the DLC maps in Squads??!!!

Gibson2013

I don't know.  Squads is just as much multiplayer as Multiplayer is.  They're in every other Squad mode.

boleje

I don't get it either. It would require very little effort on their part; if these maps are playable with bots on private match, than obviously they are navmeshed for them.

shawn00m

I agree. Plus, wasn't that their goal with Ghosts? To push the Squads mode over multiplayer? AND, you can choose to use the DLC maps in offline Squads mode, why not online? Do they even read these message boards?

Gibson2013

I've got this same question scattered all over this site and I've not got any reply.  The only luck I had was with their Facebook page.  I asked them again a couple of days ago and I've not got a reply yet.

boleje

If that was their goal, it was pretty half-baked. If they were all about squads, you should be able to unlock characters, reticles and camos too,

Gibson2013

I've asked about completing operations in this mode as well.  We've got the option to choose the operations to complete but it doesn't show the progress after each match.

Skeets1point51

Can a developer please respond to this?  The community clearly wants DLC maps in squads mode.  Make it happen please!

Gibson2013

I finally got through Activision Support on this site yesterday and they said the same thing.  There is no word yet on either subject but it would get passed along.  I don't care if they decide to separate Squads and Multiplayer.  I like Squads ten times better for the simple fact that I can have fun by myself or with some friends and not have to put up with children pissing and moaning because they got killed by the same person that they've killed 10 times in a row.  I'm not all that concerned with the operations.  Don't get me wrong, I would like to unlock all the badges and uniforms.  But in the end, I just want to play the DLC that I paid my hard earned money for on the only game mode that I like to play.

gotsomestars

I've never looked too close, but I'm pretty sure when they advertise dlc they say " 4 new multiplayer maps". They don't mention squads. If you don't play mp, don't buy dlc.

On a side note, this is a community forum, the devas don't normally come here. When they did, they were met with hostility. So, blame the community.

Gibson2013

The new maps can be played in every Squad mode except Wargame.  Squads is just as much multiplayer as Multiplayer is.  I was under the impression, when I bought the season pass, that it was for every game mode.

Skeets1point51

I don't know whether its a bug or not but when you check your weapon stats in Multiplayer it includes what you've done in squads...  So why are they separate?

Gibson2013

I've never noticed this until recently but there is some game styles that are missing from online Squad Wargames.  S&D, S&R, and Hunted.  I think there is another but I'm not sure.  I hope they get Squads up to date soon.  Wargames is the closest thing to online games that I have available.

boleje

I'm pleased to see they have finally added Onslaught maps to squads. They're on a separate rotation than the stock maps, but at least you can play them now. I'll actually buy the Onslaught DLC now.

Gibson2013

Absolutely!  Now that they're on wargames, I'm sure they'll make it into the rotation.  Have they took the difficulty option for the bots away?  On the regular maps I can choose between recruit and regular but Onslaught don't have the option.

boleje

I noticed that. I never actually played above the regular ones, they seemed good enough. HUGE skill difference between the recruit and regular ones.

Gibson2013

I always play on regular myself.  On the rare occasion, I would try hard for a couple of matches.  Back to the subject of maps, the only one I've not noticed since the update has been Free Fall.  I've not had a chance to play a lot since the update so I don't know if that was fixed.  If anyone has played it, which playlist is it in on Wargames?

TheGreenGoby

Thank you I.F. for listening and putting the DLC maps on squads mode.  It means a lot to me and is reassuring that there IS a Santa Clause ,