12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 9:01 AM by MadGamer14 RSS

This squad points thing is so DUMB

Numberr XII

Hey guy whats up i try not to bash this game that much because for what its worth i dont mind it but if theres one thing i hate its these damn squad points i mean theres no real reason to rank up i mean back in the old CODs you had to grind to get the weapons you wanted EX. ACR or M8A1 now its just meh but the thing i really hate is squad points for characters i know there are people out there who at one point got stuck on a character cause they didnt have enough to unlock the next one (500 points for a character....really?)

i hope the next COD which if you didnt know is being made by the creators of Dead Space i hope they do away with these stupid things

• Re: This squad points thing is so DUMB
    ghamorra

I didn't like the Squad Points at first either. But after the first prestige and once you figure out your classes you end up not needing them and the add up fast. I've bought all but the 500pt guy and I'm almost halfway to purchasing him. My future squad member are all set up for me to play when I prestige, and I have 200pts saved up.

trialstardragon

The high cost of the later toons is so you will play and rank up the other toons first and not just try and unlock them all just so you have as many cac slots as you want.

If you play and rank up each toon in order, the later ones are easy to afford for you will have more than you need if you didn't go and waste points on earlier toons trying to buy every weapon and perk and attachment for them beforehand.

nicedrewishfela

Actually, Sledgehammer is making the next CoD, Dead Space was Visceral (Ea Red Shores) Games.

Runandgunerring

I like em. It got old every time you prestige having to get back up to level 50 just to get my favorite guns and perks. I wouldn't mind having to earn guns/perks/etc once but having to repeatedly re earn them over and over again every time you prestige is kind of dumb.

But either way I don't care. And like the guy above me said Sledgehammer is making the next COD

thebiindsniper

Squad points were a great idea because I can unlock and customize my setup early without having to suffer through the first 30+ levels.  The old process of "grinding" mainly appealed to and rewarded those who played more often.  The people who didn't play as much were put at a major disadvantage with the old system.

This game still has a "grinding" factor though.  Just save your squad points! 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

ghamorra

This is actually a pretty good point. The system they have now really supports those who don't play much. You can prestige without the fear of taking 3 weeks of sporadic gaming to get your preferred weapons.

Zeph_

You're absolutely right about appealing towards people who didn't play as much. I'm not a fan, but that's because I'm one of those who play frequently. It really killed the replay value for me.

I miss MW3's unlock system where you only got a few prestige tokens. Now there's no difference between prestiges since you can just unlock anything at level 1 after the first prestige. I liked being at a disadvantage until I unlocked the better weapons, prestiging kinda meant something and had some challenge. (Yeah I know I could just not use the better weapons, but I want to remove having the option of any "safety" weapons/classes.)

trialstardragon

Prestige never really meant anything to begin with, just was a marker for time played for even in MW3 you could have all you wanted for a singular class loadout and never need to prestige to do so.

You may have liked the disadvantage and the challenge but not everyone else did, for some this is just meant for fun and being at a disadvantage is not fun to them.

Zeph_

It didn't, but there was more merit before than there is now. It was awesome leading a team to victory as a level 1 and most of the early levels in MW3. Now a level 1 can have all the perks they need, it's too easy. The prestige token system from MW3 and even BO2 was better. You couldn't buy all the perks you need right off the bat. 

Not sure what you meant by needing to prestige to get a loadout.

trialstardragon

My point is that in this game prestige is nothing more than a badge of honor which is all it ever should have been. Not as a means to limit who can have what in the game ever.

In the previous game you had to prestige to earn more points to further develop your cac beyond a set point. In this game you do not which is why it is better.

Plus you cannot unlock everything at level 1, for you don't have the points to do so right from the beginning, maybe on a next toon yes, but not on your first. You still have to play and earn them.

Sledgehammer23248

i like the cod points more than the traditional... for example, in bo1, my favorite was the commando, i'd have to wait till level 54 or so to be able to use it... once i got comfortable with it, then i was forced to give it up again... got old quick.

THExVeng3anc3

I loved the BO2 way of prestige.  Keep camos, and attachments, and get a token to permanently unlock something.  It's better than MW3 where I had to use weapons for ever each prestige to get the best attachments ang Gold camo.

DeeJay85

Before I started to play Ghosts I read up on the squad points deal and how to earn them. I didn't really like having to wait until higher ranks to use all the weapons and I do feel that squad points works better than the way it was before.

MadGamer14

I'm personally hoping for a DOUBLE SQUAD POINTS WEEKNED to recover from the DOUBLE XP WEEKEND.