35 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 1:34 AM by TheDarkOne123 RSS

I Keep Getting Worse!!

JRN00498

Okay, I know there are a bunch of you here who are actually really good at this game, so I know most of you will not have this problem. If you have any words of wisdom, or advice, I'd love to hear it.

About a month ago, I finally started doing really well in this game after I began playing some of the objective matches, mainly core domination. I also began playing more Onslaught only core deathmatches. I play core because I have a hard time remembering the maps. When I play Onslaught with a silenced weapon, I can usually manage to stay positive, but its close. I almost never exceed 15 kills in Onslaught TDMs, part of that is because I run Support killstreaks, and never get a hind, or anything that can rack up kills. I have NEVER had a string of more than 8 kills before dying. It just does not happen, regardless of how careful I think I am being.

Anyhow, as I was starting to gain confidence with more matches leaving me with a positive K/D, I took a short break from the game to focus on more "life" issues. I did not play the game for one week, thinking I could just jump right back in and not have any rust. I was wrong, way wrong. The last two weeks have been absolutely frustrating with this game, and Im wondering if any of you guys/gals have had the same experience.

I dont know if this is a simple case of overthinking, or if it is possible that I have lost what skill I was acquiring. Either way, I know its a "me" problem, in that being that I just flat out suck now. If this has happened to you, how did you re-right your ship, so to speak?

• Re: I Keep Getting Worse!!
    idyb

You have to try to remember how you played when you were successful. It's important to remember what works and stick to it. If you are having trouble with aim then I recommend playing squads as it can help you gain confidence with your shot. Also, maybe setting a goal with a camo or operations challenge would help you focus more on kills and put less stress on your KD.

What's your typical class setup(s)? Are they the same as what you've always used?

Runandgunerring

Well I don't really know what to do other than offer you some tips.

1. Play regular team deathmatch. For some reason I find myself doing better in regular deathmatch than in the Onslaught playlist. My logic behind this is that skilled players bought the onslaught DLC more so than the "noobs" so the playlist has stiffer competition. Once you get back up to snuff then you can venture back into that playlist
    2. Run assault killstreaks. I would either run Satcom-Guard dog-Helicopter OR Sat com-guard dog-Trinity rocket. Screw your teammates for now and just focus on getting kills for yourself.
    3. Choose lobbies with less skilled players. Check their K/Ds before the match starts and if you see a lot of players above a 1.5 then back out and find a new lobby.

Here are a few classes to try that should give you an advantage

**Remington

No secondary

No tactical/lethal

Muzzle brake, extended mag

Sleight of hand, quickdraw, dead silence, SITREP(this is a must), hardline

**Honeybadger

No secondary

Notactical/lethal

Tracker sight, extended mags

Steady Aim, Quickdraw, Dead silence, Sitrep, hardline

**SC-2010

No secondary

No tactical/lethal

Silencer, extended mags

Sleight of hand, quickdraw, dead silence, Sitrep, hardline

**AK-12

No secondary

No lethal/tactical

Silencer, extended, grip

3 attachments, dead silence, sitrep, hardline

I normally do not use hardline but it will help you gain the streaks plus 2 assists count as a kill so you should at least be able to get a couple guard dogs each game if not a helicopter. I cannot tell you how many deaths sitrep has prevented me but it is definitely in the hundreds so always use that perk. Not to mention destroying satcoms and ammo boxes add to your killstreak bar. Dead silence is also a perk that ahs probably saved my life tons of times.

AlteredVista

sitrep a must? I disagree, I find blast shield to be much more effective. a player who is struggling and does not get high killstreaks should not run hardline. They should use those points on something like sleight of hand or marathon.

I would remove fully loaded, hardline, and scavenger from any person I see struggling in Ghosts. It's a waste of points.

Runandgunerring

Sitrep is definitely a great perk. Not only will you NEVER die from IEDs, sentry guns, or IMS but like I said it also helps your kilstreak bar. Since it highlights the other teams equipment any given game I will add 2-5 bars to my killstreak meter just from destroying b-vests, satcoms, and ammo boxes that I otherwise would have not been able to see or find. It also basically shows you where players are. If you see a sat com appear then you know a player is in that room or if you see two IEDs in a room then you know someone is in there. Sit rep is by far more useful than blast shield. You completely avoid damage with sitrep with blast shield you still take damage which then leaves you vulnerable as an easy weak kill. Don’t really see how you could find blast shield more effective when sit rep does so much more.

As for hardline I suggested that because he said he uses support streaks which means he probably has trouble chaining together killstreaks. Assault streaks will help him much more in the kill department so he should go for those.  Hardline would make it just a little bit easier for him to get those streaks. 3 kills and two assists for a dog is pretty easy . Then all he has to do for a chopper is get 2 guard dog kills and 2 kills on his own. I see this as a much easier way for him to obtain streaks than just adding another 2 slot perk.

rainmaker6

I don't use either sitrep or blast shield. I don't consider either a must. If you know the maps you should be able to figure out where people have a tendency to place them. Does that mean on occassion an IED will kill you, yes, but it not worth the 2 or 4 points.

My four most common perks across the 6 classes are Dead Silence, Ampify, Focus and Savenger. And if you are dying a lot (like the OP) savenger isn't necessary.  

Runandgunerring

Like I said, it does not only alert you to IEDs it does so much more. Sitrep is probably the most multifunctional perk in the game. It shows you IEDs/IMS/sentry, it adds to your streak bar by showing you all the satcoms/ammo boxes/ballistic vests, it shows you where people are because when you see a random ammo box pop up then you know right where to look for enemies, if you see a room full of IEDs you know there are people in there, it allows you to attack a room full force instead of worrying about explosives. For example when people are in top ginas I know whether I can full on rush in there or if I have to shoot an IED and then rush in. Without it you have to just blindly rush in. Sitrep saves me hundreds of deaths and would save you from deaths if you used it. And I have probably saved hundreds of teammates from death as well thanks to sitrep. I can understand if you like Focus but scavenger is totally useless. There are so many weapons on the ground at all times.

rainmaker6

Sitrep is probably the most multifunctional perk in the game for you, not for me. Focus I benefit from everytime I fire my gun and the rare times I die from IEDs/IMS/sentry is not worth the 2 points. The dog kills my far more often. If you aren't constantly running all 3 are easily avoidable. If your game is built around constantly running and close engagements that might be a different story.

Now I noticed all your classes, execpt 1, are with iron sights. All mine except 1 are build around the ACOG scope with the other being the thermal. We clearly are engaging at different ranges. And since I use a semi-auto on 4 of the 6 classes, being knocked off target is much more important a consideration than the occasional death from an IEDs/IMS/sentry.

Runandgunerring

ACOG? That sight restricts your peripherals so bad. I don't mind the thermal because you can flip it into a red dot but the ACOG IMO is the worst sight in the game right along with the holographic sight.

Why not just use the double sight? That has long range and short range scope and it does not cover half of your screen when you are aiming like the acog does?

And I engage at all ranges. it is pretty easy to shoot a person at long distance with iron sights with the R5, honeybadger, and the SC2010. Obviously you can't just hold down the trigger you just do real quick bursts. when shooting at long range.

JRN00498

Wow, Thanks for the list. I am going to give it a try when I get off work, and see how things go. I honestly have no clue what the hel happened, but I think part of it may have been me starting to think I was better than I am. I remember watching a lot of videos just prior to this little incident, and I think I found myself in knowledge overload. I started trying to be sneaky as hel (not camping, I mean sneaky in that I started to try to think of routes of attack I hadnt seen much of) and that is when I began playing so poorly.

This is frustrating.

Thanks again, everyone with your tips, and RnG for the list. Ill have to check back in tomortow night and let you know how it went.

Robwolves

Maybe not to the extreme you saw after a weeks rest, but I have noticed if I don't play for a while (a week plus) then it does take me a little to get my eye in and focus so my reactions are up to speed, etc. More so now I'm getting older.

I guess it's like anything, if you practice or play regularly, you're more in tune and up to speed, etc. If you've had a break, try to be cautious to begin with. Don't run around like a nutter, just take your time and keep to an area of the map you know better. If you play with a mate or use a mic, see if you can coordinate with someone so you can watch each others backs, etc.

It definitely pays to play regularly though I think. Although personally I can over play it as well and when I play too much, I go through a s*t phase (may be concentration or focus dips). So I try and call it quits for the night when I'm on top........it's hard though, cause I always want to keep going.

goober11

Personally I would start out with squads at lower levels and then move to higher levels. Once you can beat the bots on higher levels than go back to regular MP. If your highest KS is 8 ever than most matches you are getting killstreaks of 3-4. I would stick to support KS. No point having battlehind  or trinity rocket if you barely call it in. Support streaks that can help you live are vests, sat com, night owl, oracle and squad mate. You should be able to get any of these in most matches.

Sledgehammer23248

I would stick to core TDM.  Onslaught is tough and DOM usually has the best of the best due to more points. Don't forget it was clan wars weekend so there was also stiffer competition due to this. Honey badger is a great gun and try to use ready up so you aim faster. other perks are hard to give you advice because people all have their opinions and only you know your style. I use off the grid, sleight of hand, hard line, fully loaded. Off the grid and sleight if hand would be good for you. I would use blast and setrip combined If I were you

TheKiller9996

These are what I use in assault killstreaks: I use a dog to keep me alive then I use a trinity rocket then I normally get 2  or 3 kills from that then I automatically get my hind.

BannerMusican4

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that while you are away, others are still improving.  Throw in cheat codes and mod's for some of them, yeah, your play will notice the difference.  I am a Modern Warfarer from way back, and there is a trend to all the editions.  They all start out good and everyone can compete at their own level and enjoy it for the most part.  The first DLC comes out and things start to get a little harder as the cheat codes come out as well.  The second DLC comes out, the coders move to the 2nd DLC, the clean players stay with the first DLC, and the modders take over everything below the first DLC.  By the time the 3rd DLC comes out and everyone is into the last hoorah of the edition, the maps basically start to fall apart as you have a mix of regular players, coders, and mods.  You can usually spot them fairly easy, they are the ones with the 35 K and 3 D ratio and they back out as soon as it is over.  I’m not saying it is right or wrong, it is just the nature of the multiplayer.  Don’t worry, your play will get worse before they move on to another game, then it will get better.  Just sayin.

ooOutraageousoo

Chin up Soldier, it's just a rough patch...

Can I offer you some advice?

• Blast Shield and Blind Eye are great for helping you stay alive, Amplify is a must have perk, Hardline is your friend...

• 8 kills with hardline is your Chopper. 3 kills is your IMS, which will help you to your Sentry Gun, which will get you to your 8...

• Play Core TDM, Objectives are a terrible distraction...

• Slowww down your game, it's about "staying alive", not about racking kills up... (the kills will come to you)...

• If in doubt, Camp it out...

• Try an LMG, they slow your game down for you as they have the slowest movement speed, ADS, TTK, Reload... They make you think about your every move, and they will get you to your Chopper without a reload if you burst fire...
    rainmaker6

If you don't have a decent pair of headsets best advise I can give you is to buy one. Hearing someone move and the direction they are coming from will significantly improve your K/D.

AMMO_MAGNET

I have been considering starting a youtube channel to show things that progressively made me better. I am by no means great (my kd is over 2 if you take the last month or so but a 1.5 since i started playing). I feel like there is not a great instructional video on how to get better.

The following is some of what made me better. Not necessarily a proven recipe.

1. How you move around a map is a big part of getting better. Not just go to this area and then this area, but more of how you go from area to area. For example lets say you are entering a doorway that is on your right. your gun should be pointing into that doorway so that if anyone exits they are guaranteed to be in your crosshairs. as you come up on the doorway you should move so that your gun is guaranteed to be on the enemy if they are in there (this is done by sorta pivoting around the most inside opening). I wish i could show you this because it would be a lot easier. A lot of this game is using angles to your advantage.

1.5.  Always consider how many places you could be shot from while moving. Do not enter an area with many spots that can overlook you (you dont have to get a calculator just assess the risk of where you are heading).

2. Make sure you never get outgunned. For instance if we are on strikezone and i am using a honeybadger i do not go in the bar! I will get smoked in there. instead i work the outer portion picking off people in the pro shop and the back of the hot dog stand but still using my cover. if an enemy has a bulldog i am out of range. if he has an mtar my aim should be better. i havent seen anyone use an ak12 or r5 so i dont have to worry about them. On the other side if i am using an mtar i dont go outside by the pro shop, i stick to the bar area.

3. definitely slow down and play smart. you can almost always walk to wherever you want and pick enemies off that are running. obviously dont over do this but know that you do not have to be in a rush.

4. work an area. find the area of a map that gives your loadout the biggest advantage and work that area. its not camping if you are moving around a large area that still provides cover and your loadout has an advantage. it is just stupid to move into an area you know you do not have a chance.

5. Kontrol Freaks can help but they dont make all the difference

6. Scuff controller can help but again does not make all the difference

7. gaming monitor can help but makes almost no difference

8. Headsets make a difference. you dont need state of the art, but something like turtle beaches base model will work. I have played with astro a40s and turtle beaches lowest model and i only notice a slight difference in sound quality, but i do notice a significant difference in the comfort they provide for long playing sessions.

9. adapt to the situation. come into a map with a game plan but if the plan isnt going to work adjust. think what would give my enemy the biggest disadvantage (minus just camping because i like to move around)? I could give lots of examples of this. i start out with a plan and it goes south quick so i adjust.

10. Play with friends that call out enemies. this shouldnt need explaining.

11. pay attention to the minimap. think of where the enemy will spawn. usually it will be opposite of where your teammates are at or are headed. make sure your back is not turned in that direction.

If you want more help i could show you on xbox live  Raging Pillow X

Runandgunerring

1&4. I forgot to say something about that. The biggest determining factor for me whether I have a great game or just a good game depends on if I can get to "my area" of the map. For example on Stonehaven if I can get to that middle house and play around there for most of the game I can go +20 very easily.

7. Gaming monitors make a huge difference. There is a reason why the most competitive players use them. And for all we know this guy is playing on a 30fps TV if so a gaming monitor would increase his game a ton.

JRN00498

Hey guys, Wow, and Thanks for all of the suggestions. I appreciate it, and thought I posted how I did last night using the class setups you shared with me. Obviously I failed to send it.

I used the honey badger class setup you gave me, on Warhawk, and wen 7-2 while playing extremely cautious. The other match I got in, core tdm, was on Whiteout where I have been notoriously lousy at as anythibg but a sniper, but everyone snipes there, so I used the R5 class setup, and went 11-10. There are so many things I have been doing wrong, I cant believe it. After reading the notes that Outrageous gave me, I found myself going, "Yeah, I agree with that. How did I not realize this. How did I forget to do that" etc, etc. When I was doing decent, I was doing a lot of "where will they be coming from" thinking,  versus my new, and worse, approach which had become, "They'll never expect me to come from....(BAM, Im dead) dam it."

I did want to address the headset issue. I have a crappy set of turtle beach xla's that I use because, well, I got them for 17.99. Problem is, they perform like an 18 dollar headset. I have the other, nicer pair that fit around your ear, but I always run into issues with a buzzing sound the whole match, so I just use the junkers. That is my fault, and I know this.

RnG, you made a great point about monitors. At my very best, I was using an LG 22" LCD monitor with around a .185ms delay. I went to a Samsung 32", and have not adjusted fully to being further away from the screen. The input lag response time is only .325ms, lost my train of thought

ooOutraageousoo

JRN00498 wrote:

Hey guys, Wow, and Thanks for all of the suggestions. I appreciate it, and thought I posted how I did last night using the class setups you shared with me. Obviously I failed to send it.

I used the honey badger class setup you gave me, on Warhawk, and wen 7-2 while playing extremely cautious. The other match I got in, core tdm, was on Whiteout where I have been notoriously lousy at as anythibg but a sniper, but everyone snipes there, so I used the R5 class setup, and went 11-10. There are so many things I have been doing wrong, I cant believe it. After reading the notes that Outrageous gave me, I found myself going, "Yeah, I agree with that. How did I not realize this. How did I forget to do that" etc, etc. When I was doing decent, I was doing a lot of "where will they be coming from" thinking,  versus my new, and worse, approach which had become, "They'll never expect me to come from....(BAM, Im dead) dam it."

I did want to address the headset issue. I have a crappy set of turtle beach xla's that I use because, well, I got them for 17.99. Problem is, they perform like an 18 dollar headset. I have the other, nicer pair that fit around your ear, but I always run into issues with a buzzing sound the whole match, so I just use the junkers. That is my fault, and I know this.

RnG, you made a great point about monitors. At my very best, I was using an LG 22" LCD monitor with around a .185ms delay. I went to a Samsung 32", and have not adjusted fully to being further away from the screen. The input lag response time is only .325ms, lost my train of thought

Very glad to have been of some help Bud...

The "buzzing" in your Turtles will stop if you unplug the "chat" lead from your controller, or your "play and charge" lead from your controller...

Samsungs have a "Game Mode" setting in their set up options which will help with the input lag...

Important thing to remember is when I have a 20+ kill TDM game (which is more often than not), Only half or so of those kills

are gun kills... It's all about staying alive and getting your kill streaks slowly and surely does it... =)

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

JRN00498 wrote:

Is that the response time or input lag? If that is the input lag then you have around 20 frames per second of input lag. You will definitely lose gunfights against people like me who have sub 1 frame of input lag. IMO, in a fast paced game like COD, having a good gaming monitor can make a huge difference.

About the headset, the most important thing is that it needs to be able to decode Dolby. There are a lot of mid range headsets out there but they're only stereo. Go get a Turtle Beach DSS1; they're really cheap on Ebay. You can use any kind of earphones with them and it will help you a lot in this game. You will be able to hear accurate enemy positions and you will have enhanced awareness.

JRN00498

Hey, RnGing

I had to look at the file that I saved of the conversation I had with the Samsung Assistant Chat, and what I was told is that the figure she gave me pertained to "Input Lag Response". I loved playing on my LG monitor, but I need it for work related items at the moment, as I am doing a lot more of that than I am playing Call of Duty lately (by the way, side-note to anyone in here not yet in the workforce; Never bring your work home with you! It sucks.)

To be honest with you, the thing I liked best about the monitor was the size. It was not too small, and yet, not too big. I have always had ADD to varying degrees, and when I am playing on a huge, giant TV, I get tunnel vision, and almost always end up dying, repeatedly, due to my lack of peripheral awareness. When I can, I will be transferring all my gaming back to the monitor, even though I need to get closer to see it, I can see all of it.

TheDarkOne123

The best way to get better is to ignore all biased answers. Basically any post telling you what play style to use and what load out to use is not going to help you. Practice is the key to getting better if you want to improve your accuracy get a pistol or marksman rifle and disable aim assist and aim centering if it allows you. If doesn't you can still use this tactic basically use the marksman rifle and pistol until you find your self doing well with both gun types after that go back to fully automatic guns or any gun that you were good at using. Your accuracy should be improved. Another way you can get better is by learning the maps from top to bottom learn every spot that allows you to aim inside a camping spot. Learn the layout of the map and the flank routes and any secret pathways. After you learn the maps learn the players learn where people camp and rush this will allow you to address any situation on any part of the map. After you do these things find the perfect load out for you basically anything that clicks use it cause it doesn't have to MLG to be successful. Once you have found what load outs work and what doesn't work which you can do by testing any load out in private match against veteran bots saving you squad points, you then need to figure out which way you like to play and which way you play best. If you like to camp since you like Domination the best spot to camp is always where the flags are people have to go to those spots to win. If you like to rush around rush to each flag continuously you will always find players that way. Your best bet would be to use a play style when it's best for that situation. Also always have a specific load out for the most common situations you never wanna get caught off guard. Hope this helps.

greyfryer67

Do exactly what you were doing a month ago when your game started to improve, don't start making knee jerk reaction changes, it worked before and it will work again. You sound like me, if you play for hours you get on a roll and gain momentum and it all becomes better and better and then when you stop and leave it for a while, you feel you are back to square one when you resume.

Maybe go on "squads" for a bit and get your mojo back, it is all about confidence and practice.

Last night I was on "flooded" and I nearly lost my shoe because it spent so much time up the other teams ass and then, the next game on "strikezone" which is my favourite map I got totally d!cked. If you do really well all the time you will get bored and find a challenge elsewhere, being low quality from time to time is what gives you your edge.

If you only hear one thing hear this;

It happens to absolutely everyone but only some have the nuts to admit it. The fact that you care means you are enjoying the game and that is all that matters  

JRN00498

Thanks, greyfryer67

I figured that most of you who come here and post on a nightly basis have probably been able to tell from my previous posts that I am not a great player. About a month ago, I would have told you that I could hold my own, as I was doing very well in FFA matches, finishing in the top 3 repeatedly. I like that you said to forget about the K/D for awhile, because I think that I became fixated on raising my K/D, and subsequently went to hell in a handbasket.

Part of why I really do not care about my K/D is because when Ghosts first came out, I made the mistake of playing FFA almost exclusively. I have no idea why I did this. I found that it was easy in black ops 2 to complete camo challenges in FFA, and mistakenly jumped into the newest iteration under the same assumption. Needless to say, it's going to be awhile before I see any improvement in my K/D. I do hate that my win/loss ratio is so damn low, though. It is very misleading to see that my win/loss percentage is hovering around .350, considering that for the first month or so, I was only playing FFA, and unless you finish top 3, you lose.

Live and learn, right?

riksterinto

Taking a break can cause you to loose your shot but you will get it back.  I always warm up with bots or squads before I play online.

Pay attention to what is getting you killed and try to build loadouts to counter. 

Also, one of the things I don't like about running support streaks is it locks you in to using only one loadout for duration of the game or at least until you earn something.  I prefer Assault streaks or specialist because being able to change my loadout during a game in order to counter the other team is much more important to me.  Some games you won't even get the 3 kills for a SatCom but then other games you will get it, a dog and a trinity rocket.

rainmaker6

The second piece of advice I would give you is to try to stick to a single weapons "class". Shot guns and SMG handle similarly. AR and MR also handle similarly. I personally don't use SMG even on the small maps because they handle differently than the AR and MR I predominantly use.

JRN00498

I agree with you, rainmaker, and thanks for the advice. 9 times out of 10, I am running a AR class. What I was doing prior to going on this little horrific streak of playing, was the following:

AK12 or Maverick AR

Red Dot Sight

Grip

Armor Penetrating Rounds (I have read here that it does not increase damage to anything other than armor)

No Secondary

No Lethal

No Tactical

I hope I get this next part correct, but I suck at Perks, so this may be wrong:

Quickdraw

Focus

The other "eye" that has an X through it

Ready up (If that is the 1 pt perk that says "quicker aiming after sprinting"

and a Fifth one that I can't remember. Darn it. I remember there only being 5 perks, though.

I had been doing alright with the Marksmen Rifles, but after going to hell in a handbasket seemingly overnight, I have gone away from the one shot guns until I get my confidence up.

JRN00498

Okay, something cant be right. I just went 28-12 on Strikezone running the AK12 setup. I have never, ever, had 28 kills in a tdm. Looks like your advice is paying off. Geesh.

riksterinto

You are using Dead Eye?  Seems like such a waste of 5 perk points that could be used for more important things like Dead Silence and Stalker if you are using an AR.

JRN00498

Im sorry, Riksterinto, the perk I am using is one just to the left, and up, from focus. **Blind Eye** thats it! Blind eye. I had to type it as soon as it came to me. My new setups, I have setup to basically keep me from being heard, seen, anything, unless I have one of my "I think Ill just go stand in the middle of the map" moments, where I forget to look at the mini-map, or the screen even for that matter. Tonight has, honestly, probably been the best performance I have had. I never go +2 in TDM, but did it twice tonight. Once on strikezone, and once on Prison Break. Strikezone i actually had 28 kills, all by me shooting, not a killstreak. On Prison Break, I went 19-8- just over 2.0. For me, that is like a once in a lifetime thing because I usually start following my teammies, and get picked off while they kill the guy who killed me.

There were more, less drastic games, but I can say I stayed positive for the hour or so I got in. The only thing that "tarnished" the experience was realizing I was playing a bunch of kids. One poor kid, I heard him cry, "Mom, my nose is bleeding again." That kind of made me think, "Ok, now it all makes sense. Im playing 10 year olds." You know what, right now, I'll take it!

rainmaker6

If you are using blind eye on your standard setup I would drop it for dead silence or ampify. Since you don't have decent headsets pick dead silence. You should only have one class with blind eye and you only use it after the first time you die when your opponents have air support. There is no reason to run it on your base setup.

With respect to MR I only use the MR-28 because it is the only one that lets me play aggressively. If you use any of the others I would use them like a poor mans sniper rifle. In that case I would recommend the IA2

JRN00498

This is my final post in this thread, and I just wanted to express a sincere "Thank You" to every single one of you for sharing yout tips. It would have been so easy for anybody to throw in a "cheapshot" at me because I actively sought your advice, and not one single post said anything like  "yeah, and...", or  "so, youre no good at the game. Play something else." When I posted this question, I was ready to quit out of frustration. When I saw people were not flaming me for being terrible, it actually made me want to play again. I figure, if u guys take the time to answer my question, I at least owe it to you to give it a try. I am glad that I asked for help, and it was awesome to see that the CoD community is more mature than a lot of people give us credit for.

Again, thank you, all of you, for the support and encouragement. I learned a ton of useful information!!