20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 1:05 PM by newm8n RSS

X1 or no that is the question!

WOLFGOTTAGUN

Most of my friends in my clan have the xbox one and play titanfall that just dropped last night. My question is it really worth it to buy an X1 right now. I have the money, but pretty strapped don't want to spend it unless it is worth it. Any help would be appreciated. Also if people who have xbox 1's could give me their take on it now.

• Re: X1 or no that is the question!
    gotsomestars

If you really enjoy gaming the ps4 is a better system by far. If you like playing video games and want a social media hub, the xb1 is decent. My advice would be if you only like titanfall xb1 isn't worth it. But if you like any msft exclusives then maybe. My guess is if ps4 continues to destroy xb1 in sales titanfall will go back to its original plan and make the next installment for Sony as well.

newm8n

I am happy with the x1 so far, but if your buying it just for titan fall i would pass, i dont really enjoy it and i didnt really enjoy the beta nether. but if your friends all have it then go for it, nothings better than playing with people you know as apposed to lone wolf.

WOLFGOTTAGUN

Yeah after reviewing it and listening to you all i think i might wait a few months at least. a lot of people are saying the xbox one shouldnt have been released yet.

gotsomestars

I think a big part of it ( in my opinion anyway) was Microsoft was trying to make too much out of a gaming console. Gamers want one thing out of a console, games. The kinect had its chance with the 360. Not much interest. I don't think the tech is good enough yet. Maybe the next console. Beyond that there really isn't much game wise that the kinect is useful for. Sony had the right idea. Make a solid console, sell a camera separate for those that want to Skype or whatever. Voice command is neat, but not ready or needed yet.

My 1.5 cents.

newm8n

you know as an adult the kinect is usless but my kids love the interaction with it and its a blast when throw out the competitive gaming and you get into it with them. for me the x1 is in the living room so we get alot out of the features, its a little for every one.

gotsomestars

My kids used the kinect for about a month, then the novelty wore off. Every 6 months or so they ask me to hook it back up. They play for 20 minutes, then do something else. They arent really interested in video games like I was at there age.