28 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 10:49 PM by trialstardragon RSS

TitanFall

trialstardragon

Anyone notice how the release date for TF has been set where the X1 gets it a half month sooner than the 360? Another means to try and drive players to get the X1 so they are not behind. I hope that MS prevents any actual live game play of the story being allowed until the 360 version is out. But I doubt they will, which basically means for those that want to experience for the first time will have it ruined by all the vids on the internet being posted about it.

Seriously makes you wonder about the X1 and how bad the sales must have been for it if they are doing something like this. Plus it sets a precedent where all future games will probably do the same if they come out on both systems. The current or new systems the X1 and PS4 will get them weeks or months earlier to try and drive more players to buy the newer system. And in a few years they will stop making for the older and stop supporting it.

• Re: TitanFall
    gotsomestars

Ps4 is almost 2 million units ahead of xb1. I have both, ps4 is a way better gaming console. Xb1 is a social media box that also plays games.

trialstardragon

The X1 is a just a computer with out the keyboard and mouse...not really a gaming console anymore and that is why it is failing in sales. 99% of the X1 would be useless for me for I dont do all of those social activies nor would I want to do them all on one device. Gaming for console, web for computer, movies or music for computer or dvd player..

The X1 is nothing more than a personal data mining device to try and gather as much personal information about a player for use in marketing and who knows what else over time...X1... the new Big Brother.

newm8n

For me the x1 works awesome. I have it on the main tv kids use for movies wife uses it to search the interwebs and me well gaming and tv.  I will say its pretty limited right now with the apps and games. As for gaming its leaps and bounds better than the 360 which is still usable, so performance really dosnt bother me. By the time the 360 is obsolete they will come out with a x1 slim or something which will bring it up to par.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/c5bc40142143cd495d80b779d96aa194/tumblr_mu6krdD0vF1sne35qo1_500.gif

mynameistizzle

I have both consoles and I can tell you now if you go from the XB1 to the PS4 you can instantly see the difference in performance and graphics.

PS4 is by far the better console for gaming. and considering it outsold XB1 more than 2-1 is still baffling me why Microsoft gets exclusive content for COD.

nicedrewishfela
    mynameistizzle

the only reason that TF is being released on the 360 is because the XBOX community were complaining about all the things Microsoft said at the official xbox one launch day.

Microsoft did not have a back up plan because they thought the new and "improved" way of this one console will change the gaming console for life (HAHA that didn't work out)

As a result of this Microsoft had to (in just 3 months) go back to the drawing board and take out all the shite things like cant share games only being online ect.. the TF game was build around Microsofts first attempt of the Xbone therefore the 360 and one version should have been released at the same time.

So may I say.. We the community are the cause of this set back. we only have ourselves to blame.,

NoLifeKing32

That is completely inaccurate. Titanfall is coming to X1, 360, and PC, because EA knew that only releasing on X1 would not be profitable for them. The game would only sell a few million units on launch day and would take a full year to even get to 10 million units sold. For a high profile high cost game those are unacceptable numbers, and the flat fee MS paid to keep the game exclusive would not be enough to justify only releasing on one console. Thats why they are releasing on 360 and PC, EA knows that the game will sell and they will make their money back and then some because the size of the playerbase is of no concern on those systems. Microsoft had nothing to do with the decision to release on 3 platforms, and they have no say on what Respawn does going forward, this was a one time exclusive game that really isn't exclusive at all.

iHattoriHanzo0

There was a time where Titanfall wasn't going to be on the 360 at all. Like you said, its just a matter of time before the 360 doesn't have any support. I don't really think MS has to do these types of exclusive release dates between the two. Its just a matter of time before we are all upgraded. The real competition is the PS4.

I own the One and have just really started enjoying it. I don't take advantage of the entertainment hub that its designed for, but I do appreciate the differences in gaming quality. Its still is a work in progress. There are still aspects that are sub-par to the 360. Although the chat adapter is now out and Dolby digital is available, there is still no way to back up a save. No external hard drives or usb's can be connected.

I love my 360 but will only be returning to play GTA5 dlc and Ghosts dlc achievements.

PUR4IDO

Actually, the game was originally being developed for the 360/PS3. Once the current gen consoles were announced they started developing for the XB1/PC. As of now, the 360 version has less than 100k pre-orders and the XB1 has close to 400k.

CableGuy

I don't see anything wrong with this...I'd expect next gen to get priority, although your probably correct with regards to them trying to boost sales of the X1.

As for video spoilers...That's simple, Don't watch them.

nuttin2say

It's not just console sales that are hurting.

Call of Duty: Ghosts ... across the board price cut.

(haven't checked, but I don't think this is a COD & MS only phenomenon ... I think gaming in general is having a major hiccup)

NoLifeKing32

Well, I'm playing it on PC, and its a lot of fun. But the negatives are noticeable, only 5 game modes, only 5 custom class slots, the AI remains amazingly stupid, and there aren't a lot of weapons. 8.7 on Metacritic, not a COD killer. For those waiting for the 360 version, you have nothing to worry about, there is nothing next gen about it and it should be ported over just fine.

newm8n

not to mention the guys that have the best weapons already. when your still low its such a disadvantage and i know the older cods were the same but you had more than 4 guns to choose from. i literally had to play from an advantage cause coming head to head i would die more often than not. its fun for about 2 rounds and then gets frustrating.  not to mention who even pilots the titans every time i see them there on auto.

NoLifeKing32

Once you get to level 5 (which takes like 2 games) you get the Carbine and you are set for life. If you are sniper then its level 9 for the Longbow. All of the best weapons are unlocked by level 10.

nicedrewishfela

So.. prepare for... Disappointment?

Or worth the price of admission?

NoLifeKing32

Is it worth buying an X1 for? No. Is it worth buying? Yes. It nails the fun factor.

trialstardragon

It nails the fun factor because it caters to the mindless player again, the rusher, the headless chicken and gives them things to make them feel powerful and skillful where in a game like Ghosts they are not as much as they were in games like BO2 and MW3

gotsomestars

Its a decent game but not as good as the hype made it out to be.

newm8n

honestly drew if you like core in cod then by all means but if your (i know you are) hc cod player it will be hit and miss. very fast chaotic game play lots of jumping. and needing to stay on target due to lots of bullets to kill.

maccabi

nicedrewishfela wrote:

So.. prepare for... Disappointment?

Or worth the price of admission?

Played it for an hou odd last year novelty factor quickly wore off nothing I have seen since reignited that spark .

Also going on from what others said... Ms paid a ton to get an exclusive as they saw it as a console seller rather like halo was... And it was supposed to be on the psn platform there's a ton of psn references left in the code.

wikked75

like someone else said... if you have a platform to play it on already... it's a decent game. it's not innovative or jaw dropping, but it's not bad, either.

i'll never say a multiplayer only game is ever worth $60 bucks, let alone worth buying a console for, though.

Im_Old_School

I read some of the reviews from the trailer on FB last night and the word "Camper" was being thrown around a lot.  I thought that term was only synonimous with COD!

As if...

nicedrewishfela

At this point, I am waiting for the XBox 360 port to come out and will read the reviews. If they state there isn't a significant difference between it and the Next Gen versions, I will probably pick it up and give it a go. I am most intrigued by the free roam movement the game seems to have.

As for upgrading to a Next Gen, not in the cards until the wedding is out of the way at the very least.

newm8n

well i have the carbine. but i see some of the other guns the higher level guy using and they seem alot more deadly.  i had thee ol shoot half a clip only to be turned on and seemed like 3 shotted. then on hardpoint the guys camping b flag and i walk inside and boom i dead, on the kill cam (if accurate) he only unloaded 5 shots were as in i need to unload multiple.  i dont know it just seems there are better guns higher up but theres also not many to choose from. dont even get me started about the smart pistol.