30 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 5:07 AM by andynewns RSS

red clan tag meaningless now.

biggirl123

Since the Clan wars has started rewarding xp to the top 3 clans there has been an increase in clans with red clan tags. I think that the amount that is rewarded in clan wars is too ridiculous. A clan that is lvl 17 can win diamond division just once and get to lvl 20 something after just one war. This renders the red clan tag meaningless for other clans such as mine where we worked our a**es off playing constantly and winning games. I think that the xp reward amount should be greatly reduced by at least half the amount it is which is about 450,000 for first place in diamond division.

• Re: red clan tag meaningless now.
    mwfan55

I agree, that's why my clan pushed to reach max level in early January. We got to enjoy them while they were still unique.

phxs72

Wow Diamond must have some tremendous benefits if it's rewarding that much.  I know Platinum division 1st place doesn't reward anywhere near that amount.  In fact Platinum 1st is more like 150,000 xp.  Are you sure that Diamond is giving out that much clan xp?

OUHATEME

The scoring was completely different for clans this time and for those that pushed through and got red tags before anyone else hats off to you. On the same note for any clan to be able to get maxed out in January is a bit ridiculous (This is not a stab at those clans that ground it out but at the system) before the first dlc came out..MW3 and BO2 pushed it to where you could not max out till mid summer or later to keep clans involved a bit longer through the games life prior to the next cod installment. There have been a lot of flaws and for a number of them it seems that they have been listening to a degree. Which is more than we have received in the past , hopefully it goes in a positive direction .

We are level 25 now and will max it out shortly , IMO no clan should be able to reach max level before June or July.

LifeSong1

While my clan wants to get to 25 it will still take us a bit. The clan wars definitely help and IMO they help a little too much.  Here's my thoughts:

For Reference: Re: Clan War Clan XP Rewards

The post above shows how much XP is earned per clan war for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place clans.  The amounts when you get into Diamond are just outrageous.  And here's why I say that.  It is easier to have a team of 4-5 extremely dedicated players than a team of 50 dedicated players.  That team of 4-5 is more likely to win their clan wars as they are all dedicated....the team of 50 requires a lot more people to be dedicated.  What I'm getting at here is that it is much easier for smaller teams to get into Diamond division than larger teams (I'm not saying it's not possible...just harder).  I'm just not convinced that awarding a team of 4-5 players with that much XP compared to a clan of 50 players with that much XP just doesn't really seem right.  Especially since before clan wars the only way to level up your clan was to win.  Now I feel that the only time my clan actually needs to play is during a clan war as that is when you reap the greatest benefit.  Something just doesn't seem balanced with the amount of XP you earn per win and the amount of XP earned in a clan war 1-3 placement.

I do agree with OUHATEME in that very few clans should ever reach max level till 5 or 6 months into the life of the game...and for most clans probably not for 8-10 months.

ZAC_Y_CHAN_94

Hello, sorry for my bad english...

We are a french clan ZAC TEAM ELITE, and we're played very hard for win the red tag clan in january... (We're played in r&d or R&S for earned a lot of xp point). And now?

I thinks it's great If beachheadstudio can set up some new level with new color for tag clan... For example level 30 Green, level 35 pumpkin....

We play now just for the learderboard diamont, and go on the first page leaderboard. We are actually on the 3rd page on rank 29 with 308 diamont point.

I hope that there will be other things to be freed.

Polo_tK

I would say they need to give CXP rewards depending on clan size. Which they already do, to a degree. But it should be even more curved. My clan is in DD & just won first place, taking us from level 22 to the beginning of 24. We have 17 people on the roster & have played tirelessly to get to the upper levels. We would still be at 17 without previous wins. It would have taken us another 5 months at least to max out without the aid of Clan Wars. When you only have 4 people on a day adding to your CXP, maxing out becomes an almost unattainable goal. By time we would have reached it, there would be a new COD. Either way, there are still a lot of clans who don't participate in CW, or don't win amounts like we do in DD. Red tags will still be rare, if not quite so. & honestly, if you're earning a 1st place win in DD, you deserve a much larger CXP reward than even those clans in Platinum. Being the leader of my clan for years & bringing it to Ghosts, I can tell you without doubt that the amount of participation, which equals resistance to winning, is much higher in DD than it is in any other clan related activity I've been in since the inception of such things. (Excluding Gamebattles/MLG).

LifeSong1

Polo_tK wrote:

I would say they need to give CXP rewards depending on clan size. Which they already do, to a degree. But it should be even more curved. My clan is in DD & just won first place, taking us from level 22 to the beginning of 24. We have 17 people on the roster & have played tirelessly to get to the upper levels. We would still be at 17 without previous wins. It would have taken us another 5 months at least to max out without the aid of Clan Wars. When you only have 4 people on a day adding to your CXP, maxing out becomes an almost unattainable goal. By time we would have reached it, there would be a new COD. Either way, there are still a lot of clans who don't participate in CW, or don't win amounts like we do in DD. Red tags will still be rare, if not quite so. & honestly, if you're earning a 1st place win in DD, you deserve a much larger CXP reward than even those clans in Platinum. Being the leader of my clan for years & bringing it to Ghosts, I can tell you without doubt that the amount of participation, which equals resistance to winning, is much higher in DD than it is in any other clan related activity I've been in since the inception of such things. (Excluding Gamebattles/MLG).

I think we agree that there should be CXP rewards and that DD should be higher than Platinum which should be higher than Gold etc.  However, when rewards are higher than any given clan level then I think the rewards are a bit too high.  They should definitely be there to help level up your clan, but the amount they are giving right now seems excessively high.  450K for winning DD when only 350K is required to go from 25 to 25 Max. The amount you earn was the point of this thread, not that you earn them in the first place.

Polo_tK

Lifesong, clearly you're not taking my point. I agreed it may be excessive,  but my (not so hard to identify) point was that the CXP reward is making the prospect of leveling out much more attainable,  which boosts everyone's incentive to play. That's BH's main purpose, & they're doing a wonderful job at it by giving out the CXP numbers they do.

LifeSong1

But boosting it too high may cause them to lose incentive to play even earlier too as you reach max clan level 3-5 months into the game and you still have 7-9 months left to play the game at which point you are already max prestige, you already got your clan to level 25, you've already won a lot of the Clan War achievements. Some of this should take longer for most clans to reach. As I mentioned, we agree that the bonus should exist but I personally believe the reward is a bit too big for some of the divisions.

Sledgehammer23248

i disagree.

it's march, 4 months post game and i'm at 9th prestige and my clan is at level 20.  i will likely reach max prestige soon but my clan probably won't for a while.  by the time we do then the next cod will come out.  and i rarely see red clan tags.  since monday, i've played2 hours a night and haven't seen 1.  last weekend i played cw and maybe saw 10 out of thousands of players.  i feel the % of players you see with red clan tags is still small.

your title is that they're meaningless, which is where i disagree.  they are not meaningless.

mwfan55

In my opinion, there should NOT be any clan xp rewards at all from your placement in clan wars.

LifeSong1

Out of curiosity...why not? They don't have to be big rewards like they are now but why wouldn't you want some level of reward for what you are doing other than just an emblem most people will won't use?

mwfan55

LifeSong1 wrote:

Out of curiosity...why not? They don't have to be big rewards like they are now but why wouldn't you want some level of reward for what you are doing other than just an emblem most people will won't use?

Because Red clan tags need to be earned, not given. At this point when a clan is given 250k - 350k it's rediculous. I monitor several clan and some of them don't even rack up 20k in clan xp within a week. They just play the clan war and level up that way.

Red clan tags should signify the dedication and team work involved in daily gaming. The emblems and body count should signify your accomplishment during a clan war. Keep them separate to show which clans are active and which ones are not.

the wrestler

Lifesong said

The post above shows how much XP is earned per clan war for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place clans.  The amounts when you get into Diamond are just outrageous.  And here's why I say that.  It is easier to have a team of 4-5 extremely dedicated players than a team of 50 dedicated players.  That team of 4-5 is more likely to win their clan wars as they are all dedicated....the team of 50 requires a lot more people to be dedicated.  What I'm getting at here is that it is much easier for smaller teams to get into Diamond division than larger teams (I'm not saying it's not possible...just harder).  I'm just not convinced that awarding a team of 4-5 players with that much XP compared to a clan of 50 players with that much XP just doesn't really seem right. "

You touched upon something that is kind of a dirty topic around here. This is supposed to be a CLAN WAR.....and why are certain groups even being counted as a 'clan'?

I know Beachhead wants to be inclusive to all player types and categories, but it's a bit ridiculous and stupid. The spirit of the competition is 'clan vs clan', and the breakdown of the ClanWars is supposed to be about organization, teamwork, coordination, battle tactics and everything else...all the stuff that makes CW's work when it's playing right. But there is absolutely nothing clan war'ish about six guys competing as a six person clan. It's dumb.90% of what the big clans are doing, that makes it thrilling, hard, fun, and everything else..... is completely bypassed by a bunch of bros running around with one group of six. Dumb, dumb, and dumb.

I don't mean to be rude, but these small XBL or PS 'parties' should just be dumped from the rankings and eliminated. If you want to be a clan, then become a clan. Do the work. As it is, it's a bunch of clown groups running around competing in clown classifications. 6v6 size, 8v8 size. 10 vs 10 size. Please. Give me a break, as 90% of the whining on these boards are those smaller clown clans who then complain because their 8 people were outmatched by a group of 9. Get rid of them. I say that on firm ground, because we (our clan) routinely go into EVERY single clan war outgunned in participation ratios.

IMHO, seeing how the above won't happen, Beachhead should at least  ramp up those bonus points to larger size clans even more to chase away some of these silly clown clans. I wouldn't give any bonus points to any group below 25. 26 to 46, give them +5 pts. And give +15 pts to any groups that go 46 to 100 (the Heavyweight classification size BH is currently using). You want to run a six person 'clan' to manipulate the rules, you are going to be punished in the rankings. Six people is not a clan.

If you look at the leaderboards, there are like 5,700 clans who have scored points. Probably another 5,500 or so that have been shut out. Around 11,000 so in all. It's my estimate that there are probably only around 750 that are actual, real clans. Probably 90% of those 'clans' are just a couple guys running around in some silly 5 person group.

LifeSong1

Some stats would be nice to see in regards to how many clans are in each bracket and how big each of the top 100 clans are...

Polo_tK

Who are you to say how many people constitutes a clan? It may be much easier for small sized clans to get wins, but saying they should be "dumped" from rankings is ignorant af. Like I said earlier in this thread, the CXP reward should be dependent on the size of the clan, but you can't just completely take away their right to form clans at whatever size an individual sees fit.

While you are entitled to your opinion, it seems to me like you're not thinking it through or are letting personal vendettas guide your out look on such things.

This should be it's own thread considering 75% of responses do not pertain to red clan tags, lol.

OUHATEME

For this installment of clans beachhead has made it clear real clans are anywhere from 3-100 members regardless of anyone's opinion,, in the past only the top six had there scores count in clan ops so opinions will vary for each installment of it. As fars as clans having issues or complaints it hasn't favored one size or the other.

andynewns

I know its your opinion and thats fine but I find it amazing that anyone says a clan of 100 members is actually a clan!!!! how many of those members have actually played together? how many of those members have actually spoken to each other?

I personally much prefer a smaller clan, we have about 20 - 30 members in our clan and about 10 in our Call of duty Clan we play BF4, FIFA N4S etc aswell not just cod. We accept anyone into the clan as long as your over 18 plus happy to get on Mic ( we use teamspeak to communicate) if your not willing to do this then your out simple.

We have had the same core 10 - 15 players since MW2, and we meet up once or twice a year, usually at Eurogamer, we share single player games between ourselves as they usually only take a couple of days to complete, and every evening we will have at least 6 people online playing something, and the most important thing is we have fun. IMO thats a real clan.

If we got to 100 people that wanted to use teamspeak and enjoy playing with us then fine, but i can't see it happening. I would never join a clan of 100 people just for red clan tags or emblems, how is that fun?

the wrestler

1. I don't have any 'vendettas'.

2. We can ballpark how many clans are tiny-squads.

The app (when it was working), before last weekend, showed 5,650 clans, that had scored a Diamond Leaderboard point. That means there were approximately 11,000 or so clans that have joined up in the Diamond Division, ALL clans. I arrived at that second number, by estimating that about half of each contest's pools have 3 to 4 clans not scoring a point. So the 5,650 is not catching every clan that competed, the 'true' number is much higher. I would guess it's around 11,000 or so clans. This is the total number that has tried Diamond. We do know how many have tried the  46 to 100 person category. It's 184 clans. That's how many are sitting with 46 to 100 right 'now'. So using the same logic, probably around 360 total clans have tried this category.

Either way, we can work backwards to say that 96.7% of the clans out there are smaller than 46 people. I'm on pretty safe ground in guessing that 80% of the clans are less than 12 or fewer people.

3. Who I am to say what the constitutes a clan? I am nobody. So my opinion is just that, just mine.

How does Beachhead define it? They will say it's 3 to 100 people, but that's because they are trying to cast as big of net as they can. Their jobs are on the line. So they will try to include as many people as possible. If they make people actually put work and effort into something, 95% of the people will not bother trying. And if no one plays, Beachhead doesn't have any work to do. Remember, this is CoD. Where the world's single largest collection of 'quitters' reside. It's CoD. Why put effort into getting better, when you can dashboard/quit, to protect your stats. Why work, when you can fake it.

But that said..... I have two eyes and can see what Beachhead set out to do. I think we all can. And if anyone has played ClanWars, they know part of the 'game' is organizing your people. Coordinating your people. Giving out orders on what node to strike. Dozens of other types of tactical types of decision making. These were all things Beachhead put forth in the game, to make it fun. And I know that when you play with only six people, you pretty much bypass all of those things that make it game. You are skipping out on (what I feel) was the true intent of Beachhead's plan.

Do you realize how easy is to coordinate yourself and five friends in a six person party, playing CoD? A person could score points in a 6-person 'clan' without even realizing they are competing, that's how easy it is.. Especially when compared to all the effort and work that some of the bigger clans are putting into things. I don't mean to be disparaging to those in six person groups, but it's idiot proof when running things. There's no work involved, very little tactics and no real thinking. You simply show up and play with your bro's. Done. I saw four score sheets from friends who have six person clans. They had 2, 2, 3, and 2 teams show up to compete. In three of the cards, I don't even know how Beachhead assigned a third place, as no one showed up.

Does anyone on this board really think , when talking about ranking 'clans' ..it's even remotely comparable to put the 3 to 5 person groups in the same sentence with some of these highly organized, larger, real clans? It's silly to rank them together. It's like putting a North Dakota State Community College, south campus basketball team, ..in the same basketball rankings with Kentucky and Arizona, just because each school each has three wins each.

These are just my opinions. Nothing more.

Polo_tK

Those small 6 man clans are also playing small 6 man clans. That's why there is a bracket. So whatever benefit they would have against a clan that does need to coordinate & implement strategies would be in fact, null.

I didn't doubt your ability to make wild assumptions on the activity of clans during CWs, though. But yes as previously stated I understand your opinion. You can't expect BH to deny the vast majority of players the right to participate in CWs.. no matter what you might think is unfair.

Before you take my response in a negative light,  let me just say I'm the leader of a DD clan with 17 active on my roster. So I know exactly where you're coming from when you say it takes more skill to organize a larger team. I'll leave it at that.

the wrestler

And I don't mean to be a distraction on the thread, but LifeSong up there, he raised the point originally, when he said...

"And here's why I say that.  It is easier to have a team of 4-5 extremely dedicated players than a team of 50 dedicated players.  That team of 4-5 is more likely to win their clan wars as they are all dedicated....the team of 50 requires a lot more people to be dedicated."

LifeSong is 100% correct.

Sledgehammer23248

if you take away the camo rewards for CW you would lose mass players playing CW... you would also lose mass players that play during CW such as those like myself who typically do not play during CW, then you would lose players to play against to even win your clan war... if you want to be technical, i'm ok with that, take out the small clans, but a clan war is a clan war and it should actually be played against other clans.  so yea, sure, take out the smaller clans, but i don't want to play your 6 member clan in a random public lobby, have it be clan v. clan in a clan lobby.

WhyNoName

All clan rewards are meaningless in this game.  When the Gold tag was rare, however short a time that was, people would rapidly leave the lobby when your team showed up.  Same goes with Red.  People run.  The patches and emblems?  Who cares about them anyway, 99% of them are just plain dumb.

The only things that are remotely kind of neat are the camos/etc.  But, even those aren't that great because the War Cry suit puts a huge target on you in this game with the dull colors and there's mister yellow chicken running around.  Same for the red helmet and mask.  The Clan Rewards are all useless in this game...

Izjar11

biggirl123 wrote:

Since the Clan wars has started rewarding xp to the top 3 clans there has been an increase in clans with red clan tags. I think that the amount that is rewarded in clan wars is too ridiculous. A clan that is lvl 17 can win diamond division just once and get to lvl 20 something after just one war. This renders the red clan tag meaningless for other clans such as mine where we worked our a**es off playing constantly and winning games. I think that the xp reward amount should be greatly reduced by at least half the amount it is which is about 450,000 for first place in diamond division.

when did it hold any meaning in the first place? Its only a color, doesn't "mean" anything except my clan has reached the top. What does that mean? You play allot? You are better? what? ---- again it means nothing

-FACA-

I agree completely!
    I suggest 1st (150.000), 2nd (100.000) and 3nd (50.000) - DD

1st (100.000), 2nd (50.000) and 3nd (25.000) - Platinum / Gold

1st (50.000), 2nd (25.000) and 3nd (15.000) - Silver / Bronze

Guy8915

Giving out Cxp helps the clans with less members get to the holy grail of max level. we only have 16 members and would of taken us forever to get to max but because of winning in DD we achieved it last clan war. Why should we have to have 100 members to be able to get to max quickly? I don't want to fill my clan with randoms who can cause all sorts of problems. the amount of Cxp you need to level up should be relevant to your clan. you could have brackets like in clan wars

ncidious34

My clan was at 23 after winning the last clan war we where 2/3 of the way through 25. We are a new clan and put in the hours to get to 23 and we even thought getting that x was out there just another thing DD has messed up