46 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 12:23 AM by BobbyMcGee RSS

Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

Fireblue30

How come we still dont have the dlc (Onslaught) for COD Ghost Wii U wen its already available on others competitor hardware, im wondering how can you expect to make better sell over wii u version wen you sell it at 60$ with no content, We Wii U Fan deserve the same treatement, its by adding content that it will make the community grow, im not the only one who asking for Dlc 3/4 of COD Ghost on wii u ask for it so can we get them plz.

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    GHOSTED

    I'd say more like 99%, instead of the 75. we don't get answers for these questions tho

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    V4N6U4RD

    Nintendo doesn't allow the developers to sell the DLC on eShop, instead nintendo buys the rights of release, and then keeps control of the eShop. When you buy from PS4, XB1, or PC you're still paying Activision but through PSN, XBL, or Steam. After that Activision pays Sony, Microsoft, or Valve their percentage under their business arrangements. Nintendo just doesn't want to be a middle man. Activision did sell the License for the Free Fall Map to Nintendo, because Ghosts didn't meet Activision's sales expectations. I also heard a rumor that Extinction got DLC..I hope this is true, I'll find out when I get home and check eShop

    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
      BobbyMcGee

      i dont agree with any of this, and no, i can guarantee without looking no extinction dlc has been added.

      • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
        V4N6U4RD

        Too bad about Extinction DLC...but think about that fact that Wii U doesn't have Battlefield. If Dice wouldn't mind porting some BF multiplayer games to the Frostbite 1 Engine then Wii U could run BF3 or BF4 and EA would sell a product that would make them money, and for Dice it wouldn't be anything new. But  Frostbite MP requires Origin to be hosted...Nintendo doesn't allow Origin to run on their servers which makes Battlefield unavailable (without an Origin server). Some EA games did manage get a Nintendo License (example Need for Speed & Mass Effect 3), which required an EA account to play ME3 Multiplayer, but no additional DLC. FYI Need for Speed now runs on Frostbite 3...What's so hard to believe about Nintendo's DLC Policy?

        • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
          sisibakbak

          You are talking out of your arse. Activision don't have to sell "licenses" or any crap to put DLC out. If they want to sell DLC, they make it, have Nintendo test it to make sure they can allow it on the eShop, then Nintendo puts it up. When you buy that DLC the money goes to Activision and Nintendo will take a cut for hosting it on the eShop, just like XBLA, just like PSN.

           

          There's no DLC because the game probably sold like crap so Activision don't think it's worth using up resources for something that might not even be profitable. Simple as that.

          • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
            V4N6U4RD

            You're using the effect and calling it the cause. Since Black Ops 2, Treyarch ports over the XBox360 version of Call of Duty using a templated control protocol which contains prescripted code allowing Non-Treyarch editions of CoD to have wii-mote support. Same code they've had since World at War. Ever try the Off-pixel test?

            Now you're saying that Activision doesn't see profit in putting effort in porting over DLC, when Treyarch already ported over the entire Disc Game, we get patch updates, and we now have the DLC Free Fall map. And you're even more off, when you say eShop is anything like XBLA or PSN! Because eShop doesn't support streaming. Netflix, Hulu, and even Amazon video use the same video protocol as eShop...the only fact you mentioned is that Ghosts isn't selling great, which was included in my very 1st post on this board. Do you even own a WiiU?

            I've been playing CoD since 2006 & I own every CoD on Wii & Wii U because I Prefer Wii-mote controls, my aim is even better than when I use Keyboard and Mouse (I got MW2 on PC)

            • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
              BobbyMcGee

              except the coding for ghosts is different than blops2, and a treyarch dev has posted numerous times these arent straight-ports and have been optimized for the u...

              • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                V4N6U4RD

                WTF? I bet you also believe when you were told that CoD: Ghosts runs a new next-gen engine. I'd ask if you ever tried a texture patching test, however I seriously doubt you even own a Wii U. At this point I'd be surprised if you have even played a round of Ghosts. I prefer to examine the actual product compared to claims of the development. Rather than just accept that Activision claims they are wasting money by programing different versions for Xbox, Playstation, PC, and Wii U. Or they can rob you blind and sell the same product by saying it's new or different. The difference here is that I know what I'm buying. I choose to buy CoD for Wii U, and I accept that Nintendo has strict DLC policies. I get the opportunity to get DLC on PC, which is better than being Ripped-off when making purchases on XBL or PSN. I can read articles about CoD too, but I'd rather play CoD, instead of reading about it

                • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                  BobbyMcGee

                  im 90 on tdm leaderboard if you doubt i own a wii u. and we knew long before launch it was the same engine, with a few changes. who are you anyway?

                  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                    V4N6U4RD

                    OK, so you know that Infinity Ward made claims about a Next-Gen Engine, which you seem to say the community knew was simply their current engine with some updates, but you site a Treyarch Dev's tweets as Gospel?

                    You claim to be on a TDM board, but that doesn't mean $#!% to someone who plays on PC

                    To further capitalize flaws in your logic (I use the term "logic" loosely) The question of this board was to determine why Wii U doesn't have DLC, which the community has more or less agreed upon is that the Publisher Activision doesn't see a profit in pursuing DLC support for Wii U, which is inaccurate (And this lie is all your fault Mr. McGee)

                    To remove the possibility that the technology is not the issue, we should look as the companies that do support DLC for Wii U, namely Ubisoft with the Assassin's Creed series, which has DLC weapons and expansions...BTW their current Wii U project is Ghost Recon Phantoms. Additionally the Wii U version of Ghosts managed to get the Free Fall DLC Map, as well as patch updates, which proves the technology is fully capable of supporting DLC (which I said but you didn't listen).

                    To understand Nintendo's DLC policy, you need to look at the companies that are supporting DLC, already mentioned Ubisoft and to further prove you incompetent, I'll name Square-Enix with the Final Fanatasy Years After DLC system. If these companies see profit in supporting DLC on Nintendo systems, why doesn't Activision nor EA see profit? Since you apparently can confirm lack of DLC on the eShop without even looking (remember your very 1st reply to me on this board?) I'm curious what your explanation for Ubisoft and Square-Enix wasting money might be?

                    To be fair I already have an answer as to who supports DLC (hint: Microsoft, Valve, Investors)

                    I'll accept that you want to be right in hopes that Wii U will get DLC, I'm just happy we got the game at all...

                    Lastly to answer your question: Who am I?

                    Multiplayer Aftermath Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - FAL OSW - 30 Kills - YouTube

                    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                      BobbyMcGee

                      the reason we dont get dlc is a playerbase issue, do you even own a wii u?

                      • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                        BobbyMcGee

                        ha a re-read the post you play on pc...and it wasnt tweets they were postings trey u made here. quit watching the vid when i saw your zapper 6 inches from your display lol

                        and how is people believing its a money issue my fault? it probably isnt even profitable to make cod on wiiu but i never said anything like that. 30 kills, whoa, you must be a god.

                        • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                          V4N6U4RD

                          Well you need to seriously keep up, and quit replying with the 1st incoherent thought that you seem to think will win an argument. That's annoying when you have 2 consecutive posts that contradict yourself.

                          I understand that in your mind you think you're right, but when you ask me if I own a WiiU and you see a video of me using a WiiU that makes you look incompetent as well as impatient. The location of the Zapper is irrelevant (You're grasping at tangent's trying to change the topic...I'll give you credit for trying) But proves you saw the evidence yet still chose to argue...That makes you seem detached from reality.

                          When you say it's a player base issue, well that's not very clear and rather insulting to my fellow WiiU owners...In my opinion the WiiU community is way more professional and able to work with innovation. This leads me to believe that you're talking about the low number of Wii U players & the equally low number of Ghosts Players online (~2000 which carried over from BlackOps2) which would imply Activision is avoiding DLC on the WiiU because there are less players...How is that not related to a money concern?

                          This message board is about the issue of DLC (& lack there of) if you want to discuss play style, or how far or close to sit from a display, I'm sure there's a message board for that...your profile shows you post on this message board a lot.

                          Do us all a favor, make a few sentences (maybe even a paragraph) to figure out how to get DLC for WiiU, instead of blaming the WiiU player base. You can't blame the community when you already claimed to be part of a community...that makes you into a hypocrite.

                          • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                            BobbyMcGee

                            never did i contradict myself. if you are so intelligent youd realize splitting a playerbase of 1000 up into tiny dlc pools who can only play with OTHERS THAT OWN THE SAME EXACT MAP PACKS is the worst possible mistake that could happen on the u. i didnt think id need to explain that.

                            what did you expect posting gameplay, from passed titles mind you, especially being so full of yourself you sat down and spent the time to edit it so you would be visible waggling your zapper? am i supposed to be impressed or something?

                            i dont want dlc if its going to effectively ruin matchmaking, even further than it has been. i repeat, i never said it had anything to do with money. thank god most of the wii community you speak of isnt as ignorant as yourself.

                          • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                            BobbyMcGee

                            i just struggled through half your vid, i must say, im laughing my a$$ off. come on man, really, a modded controller (cheating), noobiest weapon in existence, and (3arc) ai? lol, a 30kill gameplay against BOTS! thanks for the chuckle bro

                            • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                              V4N6U4RD

                              So if modding my controller that means I'm cheating? And if I'm playing against Bots, then who did I cheat? Are you saying a feature put into console, for the purpose of testing things out makes WiiU players less valuable? You sound like a try hard. If I won in a lobby then maybe I'd be 90 on the TDM leaderboard...but this is all irrelevant, this message board is for WiiU DLC.

                              I used to be annoyed when you would contradict yourself when you simply forget something you said earlier, but now you contradict yourself in a single post. You say you had to struggle to watch my vid, but you laughed at it/me and found my failures funny?

                              So you have difficulty with laughter? Its clearly not jealousy since you seem focused on criticizing someone who uses a WiiU, who would buy the DLC, and seeks to contribute. If there's something obviously wrong with my vid, YouTube has a comment section. You probably need a psychologist, you honestly need professional help.

                              OR did your "struggle" refer to you use of a dial up connection?

                              SInce i don't like to split up my conversations: don't tell Barolb what he can and can't write, that's his choice not yours!

                              like I said the lie is all your fault, you don't even care about what the community wants, you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps. You seem really narrow-minded in your efforts to insult me, but like I said, this place is for discussing DLC, & I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen. My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!

                              • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                barolb

                                V4N6U4RD wrote:

                                 

                                So if modding my controller that means I'm cheating? And if I'm playing against Bots, then who did I cheat? Are you saying a feature put into console, for the purpose of testing things out makes WiiU players less valuable? You sound like a try hard. If I won in a lobby then maybe I'd be 90 on the TDM leaderboard...but this is all irrelevant, this message board is for WiiU DLC.

                                I used to be annoyed when you would contradict yourself when you simply forget something you said earlier, but now you contradict yourself in a single post. You say you had to struggle to watch my vid, but you laughed at it/me and found my failures funny?

                                So you have difficulty with laughter? Its clearly not jealousy since you seem focused on criticizing someone who uses a WiiU, who would buy the DLC, and seeks to contribute. If there's something obviously wrong with my vid, YouTube has a comment section. You probably need a psychologist, you honestly need professional help.

                                OR did your "struggle" refer to you use of a dial up connection?

                                SInce i don't like to split up my conversations: don't tell Barolb what he can and can't write, that's his choice not yours!

                                like I said the lie is all your fault, you don't even care about what the community wants, you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps. You seem really narrow-minded in your efforts to insult me, but like I said, this place is for discussing DLC, & I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen. My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!

                                While I thank you for imploring my rights as a user, I don't believe Bobby meant it as I "can't", but I "shouldn't" be posting a response, as replying would be an assumed waste of time. I had a thought, so I posted it, as I am doing now.

                                 

                                 

                                This board is for general discussion, not just DLC (even for how bare the Wii/Wii U boards themselves can be at times). DLC discussion would be this thread for this game, or in the future another thread may take this one's place.

                                 

                                Struggling in the literal sense can also mean "have difficulty handling or coping with...". Laughing can be a method of handling a situation. Although it would be an odd way to handle a situation, it still is a means to an end (of course this is subjective).

                                 

                                Since I'm taking a course on general Psychology right now, I'll throw my 2 cents in: Needing professional help and a psychiatrist are different things. Being mental its self is not even so much an improbable thing for anyone. Psychiatrists are needed in the workforce and schooling system. They help people deal with stress and even aid students in coping with issues and among other duties. Having a real mental problem would be insulting to some people, as most mental problems aren't even the 'bad' type. Is OCD something a person can help? Is it a 'bad' mental problem in the sense that there is something wrong with them? It can be problematic, but it doesn't mean it cannot be useful in some cases. If applied to schoolwork, a student would likely excel as a result of its influence. However, there are indeed some cases where OCD is taken too far, and in those cases those people need help. To the outsider, they may appear to be completely abnormal. Conducting a weird ritual of sorts around people and the likes; but to the person doing the ritual it could be a custom in family, it can be an addiction or of many other possibilities.

                                 

                                Edit: My previous example was unintentionally way off mark, and may have been offense to some. My apologies.

                                 

                                 

                                "you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps."

                                 

                                If someone has those links to all the previous threads where we ran the numbers, could someone post them?

                                 

                                 

                                Several months ago, and last year, several of us contributed to a few threads where we ran some hypothetical situations of a playerbase, and online activity. Long story short, it was this (Eg. Black Ops 2):

                                 

                                If the overall playerbase on the console is 200,000 people, but the activity at a single point is 3,000 people consistent throughout a day, then you must also take into account the different people who come online and others who go offline everyday, week and month. Those people who are online weekly are in the core group; those who are online monthly cannot be as life situations, etc play their own role in activity. With this in mind, you can assume that the playerbase of 3,000 player daily is constantly switching out with other players, but then there is also the case of activity. If the percentage of active players daily is around 250,000 on PS3 (just as an example), then there must be a similar number that correlates with those who bought the game on the other platforms. This is because they belong to the same crowd. The game sold fairly well on PS3, about 11,150,000 copies sold. If you were to take that number, then the number of players online is 0.0224215247% (rounded downwards is 2%). If you apply this to the Wii U, you have a similar number. 3,000/200,000 = 0.015 (rounded up is 2%). Again, this is kind of where things diverge. The number of people online at a given time is still a small percentage of the actual number of copies sold, but the people online per platform is drastically different. If 250,000 people buy map packs, there will still be lots of people to play with and against. If 3,000 people buy map packs, then the lag will continue or get worse in-game because there are less amount of people online and less potential lobbies you can get into. People who buy map packs are separated into groups at this point and if they separate, the playerbase for each section becomes smaller. This is just one reason why having paid DLC on the Wii U CoDs wouldn't make any sense (on the matter of map packs at least). The number gets smaller when map packs are released and it splits the community because there are not enough players who would buy into it. While this is not accounting for the number of players who replace other players, it is clear that there are only so many potential sales targets. Such data is not available to us, but I'm sure Treyarch has looked into it. The matter of DLC being free and paid is also an important thing to note too. If it's "free", there is incentive for all who own the game to have it. While if it is paid, it has to be of value to the one purchasing it in order to purchase it.

                                 

                                Of course, the data i'm presenting is out of date, as it was in-line with info from a while ago, but I haven't been online playing CoD in months, nor having I been keeping track of number of people online. So really this is as best of a somewhat proper explanation I can offer. The basic point this raises is that if you have 3,000 people online worldwide, then splitting the community will isolate some people as these 3,000 players are scattered across the world. They won't be able to play with others who are nearby and it will cause them to have connection issues.

                                 

                                 

                                "I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen"

                                 

                                One word and a number: Pikmin 3.

                                 

                                I swear I've spent more time playing the Pikmin 3 DLC than I have the game at this point, and I beat the game twice already, both of which were full completions and I'm halfways through a third full completion.

                                 

                                 

                                "My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!"

                                 

                                You want to eat ice cream even though you might die if you do. Would it be better to eat the Ice cream and die or not and live? If you want to live, then you will not eat it. Similar circumstance: The players are all on equal footing and everyone is apart of the same group. If a map pack shows up that is paid, then some people will buy it, and some people will not, but the end result is that there will be people who decided to buy it and others who decided not. Who is to say everyone would want to live by not eating ice cream? Or who is to say nobody will buy the DLC? You could be a drug addict addicted to ice cream or someone who has the money to spare to buy the DLC. Both cases are subjective, and because both cases are subjective they cannot be properly applied to everyday life; especially since everyone leads a different life and different circumstances.

                                • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                  WiimotesRus02

                                  barolb wrote:

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                  This board is for general discussion, not just DLC

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                  Actually, this board is not for discussing DLC, its been considered spam for years and would be deleted as fast as someone would post it, and I wish this thread was treated the same..

                                • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                  V4N6U4RD

                                  I disagree, BobbyMcgee couldn't afford a psychiatrist, he'd have to resort to pro-bono. Trying to figure him out is starting to cramp my brain (please don't take that statement out of context)

                                  I also think you misinterpreted my remark about Nintendo making DLC Happen. I was only referring to Onslaught, Devastation, and the other 2 in the near future, if you remember I mentioned Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy Years After. I fully believe in the WiiU's DLC capability, but as you pointed out earlier, it boils down to business.

                                  Off Topic: Since you mentioned that you didn't pick up Ghosts, you're missing out on the newest mode "Squads" where it contributes to your online MP progress, but isn't affected by Matchmaking, so players that don't get DLC can still play on that side of MP, which is something like what the PC community has been doing with LAN. No big deal I think BlackOps1&2 are still fun. So far nothing has been as challenging as BlackOps1.

                                  Lastly: Interesting analogy with ice cream and addiction...I'd say I'm an addict..Gotta go double XP weekend

                              • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                BobbyMcGee

                                omg ive not once contradicted myself, and no, dlc discussion is prohibited on this forum, considered spam, locked and or deleted. nothing to do with want anyway. the numbers do not allow for dlc, plain and simple. what exactly is so difficult that you fail to grasp that concept? i watched half your vid, found it ridiculous, and closed the page. is there a language barrier here or something?

                                speaking of contradiction, you claimed i didnt own a wii u on the ghost forums, then said you couldnt look at the leaderboard cause you play this title there. well go post there and shut the fück up already.

                                • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                  V4N6U4RD

                                  You finally got something right...There is clearly a language barrier, and its that you don't seem to understand English. Also you keep forgetting you're previous posts (you should read what you write). So I'll explain, I said I "doubt" that means I posed a theory, and not a claim. You even acknowleged I had "doubt" when you replied and you went in the direction that you needed to prove someting which I still don't understand. You "claim" that the lack of DLC support is the result of numbers and not money. If you read the discussion between me and Barolb, you'd see the connection of money, numbers, and business, yet you insist that money is NOT a factor in business? You know money is normally quantified in numbers? So far that's a lie and a contradiction in a single post. You can't tell me what to do on a public forum, unless you're the admin. But I will defer to WiimotesRus02 that DLC discussion is prohibitted, so when it come to you DLC talk sure I'll shut up. I'd just like to point out that I'm the 2nd user you don't want to discuss anything with, you asked Barolb to not reply and you just told me to shut up. I'm perfectly content to have this discussion, maybe you're the one who's losing composure. You seem to be pretty upset with a video I made over a year ago, add a few dislikes and move on, doesn't bother me. Hey it's double XP weekend, relax and play some Ghosts, or hop over to BlackOps2 and run some matches against Barolb. He seems smarter than you, you might learn something from him.

                                  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                    barolb

                                    I wasn't insulting Bobby >_> I also think there were several instances where you are missing parts of the argument.

                                     

                                    "which the community has more or less agreed upon is that the Publisher Activision doesn't see a profit in pursuing DLC support for Wii U, which is inaccurate"

                                     

                                    Like what I noted about the playerbase being continuously split, profit can also be an aspect of this same argument. Since it costs money to do development...: If you spend 200 hours doing programming, and expect a return profit that is equal to those 200 hours worked on through another, but more profitable product, what happens if that projected profit margin is not met? You can attribute this to being another reason why paid DLC is not on the Wii U for Call of Duty. Match making is one side of the argument, but business wise you can also assume the money that could have been potentially made through other routes were not met through this particular route (bringing paid DLC to the Wii U). It's not that it isn't right. Nobody here but the developers know the full argument as they are right in the middle of this; they are the ones doing the work. Us people here, these people who are debating about it on a forum, know next to nothing about the matters involved. We can only assume and speculate. Before you even wrote this, Bobby wrote the following:

                                     

                                    "the reason we dont get dlc is a playerbase issue, do you even own a wii u? "

                                     

                                    He was implying the same argument i made. The references quote above is the reply to this point Bobby made:

                                     

                                    "and how is people believing its a money issue my fault? it probably isnt even profitable to make cod on wiiu..."

                                     

                                    He was once again implying a possibility, as per the use of the word "probably". Which, actually, Bobby does have a point in regards to this though. The possibility of it being profitable are less with a smaller install base. These past two games have been direct ports, with some optimization. A_Trey_U has noted as such that they had to add some special "Nintendo code", i think A_Trey_U's exact words were? The matter is this: Because it is business, it's entirely possible that a monetary incentive is lacking due to a lack of aforementioned business (previous post I made, I believe). Smaller install base = a small amount of people you can distribute a product to; a large install base = a large amount of people you can distribute a product to. With the larger install base comes a larger possible product margin. Because the Wii U has a smaller install base, it is possible to state that there is a lack of monetary incentive as there is a lack of players. Because there is a lack of players, you can also say that by introducing such a thing it could harm the player base economy that has been built up since the release(s) of each game.

                                     

                                    For another example, if a game like ZombiU was made specially for the Wii U, but did not turn a profit at 400,000 copies sold, then what is that suppose to state for a port of another game to the console? Sure it's cheaper, but there exists a possibility that the game did not turn a profit with the number of games sold; thus it's entirely possible that Call of Duty isn't profitable on the Wii U.This is considering the sales numbers of Black Ops 2 and Ghosts on Wii U, of course.

                                     

                                     

                                    "Hey it's double XP weekend, relax and play some Ghosts, or hop over to BlackOps2 and run some matches against Barolb. He seems smarter than you, you might learn something from him."

                                     

                                     

                                    I quit CoD a few months ago. And actually, I'm fairly sure most people on this board are aware of that. I only come by to visit here some days. Mainly when I'm writing tests as a means of letting off some steam or anything. I'm currently studying for a Intro to Psychology exam, which will be happening in less than a week, and I honestly lack a heck of alot of motivation to continue studying today. I procrastinated too much

                                     

                                    Being "smart" doesn't have anything to do with this debate...

                                    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                      V4N6U4RD

                                      Now this is probably where our views will diverge: I was insulting Bobby, but that's because he annoyed me...What I saw was a question on the internet and at the time it was listed as not answered, I decided that some input was necessary, but with the fact that WiiU now had the Free Fall DLC Map was some kind if anomaly. I thought the process needed investigation, and I learned about the licensing process.

                                       

                                      Now I'll admit your structured narrative style leaves little margin for arguing, and honestly I only catch about 60% of your vocabulary, and maybe 75% of your context.Thorough and accurate! So I must concede, well played sir!

                                       

                                      But I'm glad to see you're open minded to learning, and there was 1 minor factoid you're missing

                                      Call of Duty 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(2006 & Possibly a launch title)

                                      Call of Duty: World at War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2008)

                                      As a Wii owner with both these titles, CoD3 did support wii-mote control schemes, but this changed slightly in W@W.

                                      I know compared to your contribution to this topic, that's nothing, but that's about the only thing you missed. Aside from that you're spot on.

                                      • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                        like2nap03

                                        V4N6U4RD wrote:

                                         

                                        Now this is probably where our views will diverge: I was insulting Bobby, but that's because he annoyed me...What I saw was a question on the internet and at the time it was listed as not answered, I decided that some input was necessary, but with the fact that WiiU now had the Free Fall DLC Map was some kind if anomaly. I thought the process needed investigation, and I learned about the licensing process.

                                         

                                        Now I'll admit your structured narrative style leaves little margin for arguing, and honestly I only catch about 60% of your vocabulary, and maybe 75% of your context.Thorough and accurate! So I must concede, well played sir!

                                         

                                        But I'm glad to see you're open minded to learning, and there was 1 minor factoid you're missing

                                        Call of Duty 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(2006 & Possibly a launch title)

                                        Call of Duty: World at War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2008)

                                        As a Wii owner with both these titles, CoD3 did support wii-mote control schemes, but this changed slightly in W@W.

                                        I know compared to your contribution to this topic, that's nothing, but that's about the only thing you missed. Aside from that you're spot on.

                                        Freefall was nothing special.  Well the situation as to why it was free was nothing special.  We got it simply because all consoles ended up getting it for free.  Apparently it was a business move on Activision's part to compete with Titanfall.  Treyarch was kind enough to grace us with the free map as well.  The only reason it's a big deal is because Nintendo consoles don't typically get free maps.  I am thankful they decided to give it to us, but the only reasons we got it is 1) Everyone did.  And 2) The Treyarch Wii U team was nice enough to hook us up with it.

                                         

                                        Thanks again ATU, and the rest of the team, for the free map. 

                                        • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                                          V4N6U4RD

                                          I agree with 99% of what you're saying. Consider Treyarch gaining experience. When they made CoD3, W@W, and BlackOps1 in Infinity Ward's shadow. CoD3 was still pretty basic, W@W featured nearly the same level up and perk systems introduced in CoD4MW, and BLOPS1 used the same engine as CoD4MW (but Treyarch designed maps made it worthwhile). Uniquely Treyarch went their own way with the pro-perk system, and introduced the world to Nuketown (In my opinion the most fun Map ever!) So everytime they ported over an IW version of CoD (ie: ModernWarfareReflex, MW3, & Ghosts) they get a chance to learn the updates, the balancing techniques, and design features to incorporate into their next CoD project. So if Activision is still publishing CoD in 2015, Treyarch could potentially have the most polished and challenging CoD we've ever seen. Just to add Infinity Ward actually said in the development of Ghosts they used the Pick 10 system as the template for the Loadout system in Ghosts, seriously since when have we ever heard Infinity Ward say they were following Treyarch? I totally agree Treyarch loves the WiiU, & I hope they port over Sledgehammer's 2014 CoD

                    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
                      barolb

                      I've been keeping tabs on this for the past few days.

                       

                      That first point you made about Nintendo licensing makes sense, but in order for developers and publishers to agree to that, the developers and publishers must be paid, no? If they are paid so much to license/distribute their game, then some sort of contract must be in place, and in eithercase the developer/publisher makes money off of the eShop release. Nintendo could make more, over longer periods of time, but the developer and publisher would still benefit as the sales expectations are what they're looking at, and if this is how it were to work, then Nintendo must pay an equal or greater sum of money in order to gain this opportunity. The Wii U's position does not allow for a situation where Nintendo can pay less to receive more. Therefore, in eithercase all parties still benefit, but Nintendo would benefit more over time, not directly after the release. And, without proper sales data of eShop games, it's difficult to tell for certain IF they actually make back the amount they pay.

                       

                      Licensing doesn't mean they own it. All of us here own a Call of Duty title, but we don't "own" it, we simply only have the license to use it. That is how software works. Rights to distribute are another thing. Nintendo could posses the rights to distribute a game, but they must buy the game from the publisher. In a sense, you could consider Nintendo a retailer. Like GameStop and all the rest, they still make a profit off of selling the games, therefore, Nintendo is simply doing the same. It's of no consequence that Nintendo is doing this. If Nintendo is the one pulling the strings, then you can assume that they do not wish to buy the rights for distribution, for the Call of Duty titles, to be released on eShop. With regards to Free Fall, that was a "free" map with the purchase of the game on the other platforms, therefore you don't have to assume they bought the rights to distribute it. It wouldn't make any sense. With regards to development on the CoDs, Treyarch is usually the one handling it. Porting over a game takes many months, and porting over an entire map should take a while too. Would their schedule allow the time to port over a map? Or even would they be allowed to?

                       

                      I don't believe it's one sided. No company is free from guilt, and no company should be treated as such. Which is why I usually find something wrong with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fanboys. One guy over a discussion about Arkham origin's DLC not coming to Wii U was calling out Warner Bros. I asked the person if they purchased the game, and they answered honestly: "No". That is one reason why I think fanboys are usually full of themselves (and this is not directed to you, but a point I would like to raise about companies). No company should be treated higher than the other. They want to make money, and us consumers are what provide it. In a sense, we are also apart of the companies because we work for firms, and out money then goes back into circulation to firms and services offered by our communities and governments.

                       

                      Because I don't own Ghosts, nor did I buy it, I don't believe I have the purpose to criticize the game. That is why anything I will note will be strictly on what I believe I should be able to reply to from having bought Black Ops 2 and past CoDs.

                       

                       

                       

                      "The question of this board was to determine why Wii U doesn't have DLC, which the community has more or less agreed upon is that the Publisher Activision doesn't see a profit in pursuing DLC support for Wii U, which is inaccurate (And this lie is all your fault Mr. McGee)"

                       

                      I thought we agreed, back in Black Ops 2, that the playerbase was too low to allow paid DLC. Free DLC or specialized for individual use is another story. Heck, wasn't the Assassin's Creed DLC mainly skins, missions and continued single player story? If that is so, then Black Ops 2's and Ghosts are contrary to that as they require players to make the purchase worthwhile (I think at least). The purchases were mainly multiplayer based, and without a significant playerbase it really is a no-wonder to assume it wasn't worth it.

                       

                       

                       

                       

                      "If these companies see profit in supporting DLC on Nintendo systems, why doesn't Activision nor EA see profit? Since you apparently can confirm lack of DLC on the eShop without even looking (remember your very 1st reply to me on this board?) I'm curious what your explanation for Ubisoft and Square-Enix wasting money might be?"

                       

                      EA won't support the Wii U at all until it becomes more profitable (they say, but I'm a bit skeptical of that); Activision releases all their games for the console. Destiny might be the first title not on the Wii U, from Activision, to my knowledge. Nonetheless, it's simple: What pushes a video game console in terms of sales? Service? Games? word of mouth? All these things have a part in pushing sales, and games might as well be one of the top reasons. Support for games too. Ubisoft, Activision, and all the other publishers see that Nintendo needs to actually succeed for them to boost their profits. In the short run, taking a slight loss by providing games on the console may entice consumers to buy it. In the long run, they could profit off of the continuous support they have given. It could easily also be through contracts. Nintendo could have had game contracts with these companies, and therefore the games are suppose to come to the console in support of the contracts they had together.

                       

                      There isn't just one simple reason to these things. There can be many different reasons why something doesn't work out. For example, I managed to pick up $1700 worth of computer software by giving some money to charity. How does that work out? I got more software in monetary value than I donated, but i still donated... It's business. Despite the fact that i flunked out of Macro Economics, I did learn one important thing from that course: The majority of the time business is just business. Businesses want to make money and if they don't see long term benefits then there are none to them. Clearly, Activision and Ubisoft see long-term benefits, especially considering the CoD titles on Wii sold over 1M units each (except for MW3), and Ubisoft's Just Dance sold exceptional well on the Wii as well. Wii games also cost much less to make than PS3 and 360 games for quite a time, so they both must have profited of those game series quite well. They both had some success in the past, so what is to say they shouldn't continue? These are just examples. It's 1am, so excuse me if I screwed up my writing a bit.

                       

                      In terms of DLC, it was known that the Wii was even capable of some DLC in the later portion of its life, and of course the Wii U at the very beginning of its life (Assassin's Creed 3, and the promise of a more structured distribution center on Wii U). Heck, I think the before-game patches gave it away. Instead of waiting for a patch in-game, I would have to wait at the home screen for the patch to finish. I noticed this right away when trying ZombiU on launch.

                       

                       

                       

                      "Since Black Ops 2, Treyarch ports over the XBox360 version of Call of Duty using a templated control protocol which contains prescripted code allowing Non-Treyarch editions of CoD to have wii-mote support."

                       

                      I would think they made this around the time the Wii was released (around CoD3 and WaW). When you code stuff, and you have something working on one thing, you could be lazy and just copy and paste the code over, but if the code works it works. If it needs to be slightly tweaked to work then it just needs to be tweaked to work. If they need to tweak the code, then this supports the point that coding for Wii != Wii U.

                       

                       

                       

                      Also, in regard to your post about that "new" engine, here is what I have to say about that.

                       

                      "Next Gen Technology" - YouTube

                       

                      I think there was alot of misconception and misleading information out there, but that was the beginning, and this is now. This is many, many months after the game launched, and those who have played it, looked into it and the likes should understand. I'm pretty sure most people here already understood quite clearly that the engine they "made" was not created out of nothing, but tweaked, heavily modified, etc. Whatever you would like to call it from a previous engine. Infinity Ward just decided to call it new because it was so different from before it was modified? I don't really remember, but were the modifications made apparent or at least noted properly—As being significant? (besides the fish AI bit).

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    WiimotesRus02

    Fireblue30 wrote:

     

    How come we still dont have the dlc (Onslaught) for COD Ghost Wii U wen its already available on others competitor hardware, im wondering how can you expect to make better sell over wii u version wen you sell it at 60$ with no content, We Wii U Fan deserve the same treatement, its by adding content that it will make the community grow, im not the only one who asking for Dlc 3/4 of COD Ghost on wii u ask for it so can we get them plz.

    Haven't we read this somewhere before? Oh yeah, here, like a million times. What is it with you kids?

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    VenomV

    Who else finds it unfair that WiiU owners have to pay full price for a game without extra features like DLC? The Playstation version is already being treated like a 2nd class citizen with late dlc but the wiiu is like a slave. I had this garbage game for my PS4 but then I picked up BF4 and never looked back. CoD is going the way of the dodo and I'm glad that they are.

    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
      WiimotesRus02

      VenomV wrote:

       

      I had this garbage game for my PS4 but then I picked up BF4 and never looked back. CoD is going the way of the dodo and I'm glad that they are.

      I know some people from another clan that did the same thing, except they switched from the WiiU to BF4. They came back saying its somehow better on the WiiU, with better graphics etc. Its what they said, not me, just sayin!

    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
      like2nap03

      VenomV wrote:

       

      Who else finds it unfair that WiiU owners have to pay full price for a game without extra features like DLC?

      DLC isn't included in the price of the game.  It's like an accessory.  The other consoles paid the same amount as we did for the same game and they are paying more money for the DLC.  It's a separate product.  It's simply not sold to us.  It has nothing to do with the retail price of the game. 

       

      So, I for one at least, do not feel that it's unfair to the pay full price because of a lack of DLC.  There are reasons one could argue that the Wii U version should be cheaper, but DLC is not one of them in my opinion. 

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    thedocdxd

    be serious, it's possible or not any dlc for WiiU that's what matters

  • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
    kl013u

    If you have good reason DLCs sun come out for ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, ps4​​, etc.. The wii q obtained 100 million in sales does not have any DLC of any Cal of Duty to come out for this console. For once as I will try to put the DLCs available to Call of Duty Wii uy I'm more than sure enough they will acquire as they are fans of Call of Duty and Wii u. They ask you the Activision or Treyarch or infint ward or who can do DLCs arrive to console Nintendo Wii u. Thank you

    • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
      BobbyMcGee

      im curious what this wii q is you speak of, it sounds interesting.

      • Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC
        schitzotm

        Alright, I don't agree with you in most cases. (treyarch makes all wii ports) But I can get past that. The guy arguing with you is a complete idiot. Hell this whole thread is pointless. There are so many of them already posted.

        Sorry (I don't even remember your name) but bobby is completely correct in why there is no DLC.

        At any given time on black ops2 or ghosts there are only about a max of 2000 players online. If three of them purchased one DLC then until three other people purchased it they would not be able to play a match. Simple as that. I mean come on, the wii u is the only console to not charge for online connectivity so obviously people that play it are cheap.(or unwilling to pay to play)

        So most wouldn't purchase these DLC's and it would hurt the entire online gameplay.

        Top that off with the time it takes to fit the DLCs to function on the wii u console. Then you take your let's just say less than 100,000 copies sold. Subtract the users that don't even have the internet and you have a very small number. Probably less than 2000 downloads for any given DLC and it would take years just to recover the money spent on development.

        I mean seriously if you guys want DLC then get everyone you know to purchase a wii u instead of another console.

        Get the userbase up. That's the only way you will ever see any DLC. I mean this has always been the problem with nintendo. (online users small number) I remember even black ops 1 in its hayday only had 4 or 5000 people online. Compared to ps3's over 200,000 online. I mean I hope you see where I am going with this.

        As far as what bobby told you for the reason there isn't any dlc is common sense. Not something he had to read somewhere else just pure common sense. If wii u received dlc you would see a ton of youtube videos of people complaining about how they can't find a match or how there are so many users online something must be messed up online.

        I know it seems bobby talks out his ass all the time. (I think he does most of the time) But this time he is speaking complete truth about the reason why. You just choose to think it's some sort of conspiracy to get Nintendo out of the console market.

        You know microsoft and sony got together behind closed doors and decided to pay some bigshot at activision a ton of money to prevent Nintendo users from enjoying all aspects of their games.

        I suppose you also believe the government is listening in on all your conversations too?

        Maybe the aliens are waiting to abduct you and probe you??

        There is no great conspiracy, it's simple logic and simple common sense. (you need to get some)