10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2014 8:28 AM by Dan198Zero RSS

No Clan wars over Easter break.

Dan198Zero

So I've just seen on charlieintel there will be no clan wars over Easter. So at a time when most people will actually have time off work like myself they decide to change everything yet again. I suppose the next time clan wars starts again will be when I am at work all weekend. Whats everyone else's thoughts on this lazy excuse clan war timetable ?

• Re: No Clan wars over Easter break.
    jnikoley

If that turns out to be correct, that would be a shame, although beachhead probably needs some time off too. I guess I'm ok with them skipping a war here and there, but it needs to be officially communicated well in advance. Last war the communication on what/when the war would commence was a little better, but they have often not provided start dates until 36 hours prior to the war.  What we need is an official season schedule with official dates published well in advance.

the wrestler

Why would you refer to their actions as being 'lazy'?

Kind of an insulting, dimwitted response on your end.

Beachhead's actions are pretty reasonable. CoD is mostly played by westernized countries, and with that, a majority in the United States. Easter is a big holiday, one that traditionally has involved people visiting relatives, traveling and/or spending lots of time with their families. Beachhead is simply recognizing this as reality, and giving people this weekend off, so they can go do those things. And not be pulled away, feeling a need to go play a video game all weekend.

This is a nice move by Beachhead. The CW schedule is just moved ONE weekend down the road. Not a huge deal. Show some appreciation.

Dan198Zero

I can see what your saying about it being a holiday, but are they not providing a service for which we have paid for? If every company sent their employees home for Easter and everything was shut I would think there would be a lot of unhappy people about with nothing to do apart from talk to family. Was the clan wars not already move a few weeks ago? Did they not already have time off. Personally they should wait until after Easter and take the holiday in loo

jnikoley

I dont recall ever paying anything extra for the cod app, or to participate in clan wars. I did pay for playstation plus that is required for online play. Those are two separate things, though. Even if they were not, there are plenty of services you pay for, banking fees, taxes, etc, yet most banks and federal services close their doors on easter as well. I think that you are perhaps demanding a little too much.

Juju8212

In theory, the kinks in cw should have been already worked out and should be able to largely run alone. If this were the case it seems there would be no need to reschedule cw, but it isn't. It sounds like they are anticipating more problems that their staff will have to be able to fix. It's crazy to think that they aren't making money on the app and clan wars just because you haven't directly paid for that service, they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't profitable. I think,  as a consumer,  it's reasonable to expect them to follow the schedule THEY previously announced, and to expect notice in advance if that schedule will change. It's called customer service and is EXPECTED in other industries but seems to get blown off in the gaming community. It seems like moving up the clan wars would bea more customer focused option, rather than making us wait....

Dan198Zero

So you must have got your copy of ghosts for free, please tell me where for future reference. They get money from every paying member who buys the game and the DLC. Which includes maps, camo's and now players. And I wouldnt consider going to my bank over Easter as a fun service I would want. I understand people need time off work and the way most big companies that provide entertainment services would not dream closing down over a national holiday. People in who work in that environment normally take another holiday. So how am I demanding too much. Xmas maybe I would be a little more easy, but Easter ? come on how many of them believe in Jesus and easter bunny? not many... 

GodzXPro

Okay, from reading reddit, just want to confirm this. That clan wars is after the week of Easter Weekend, so basically  you mean from the 30th of April, or before?

Juju8212

I believe the 23rd will be the start, but that will depend on if it's pushed back, or if they skip it all together it will be the 30th.

Juju8212

Is Reddit a normally reliable source for info?