34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2014 11:37 AM by spartanMook117 RSS

5 legit reasons why CoD ghosts is the worst CoD

killermushroomhead

1) the spawns on kill confirmed are f*ckin terrible. I got spawn trapped playing kill confirmed on Tremor. I swear, IW make the spawns worse every year.

2) The maps suck!   chasm, whiteout, stormfront, overlord and siege are too  big for 6vs6. They always get downvoted in the lobby. Thus, indicating bad map design. No CoD in the past has had so many maps which get down-voted...

3) No innovation.  Pick 10 system (ripped from BO2) and recycled MW3 Strike packages. bleh....

4) low health + peer 2 peer servers= FAIL  

5) You have to pay to get extra class setups. Errrrm....why?  In past CoD games you would prestige and get extra class setups as a reward. IW are so greedy!

my k/d is 1.8 but after 6 months im officially done with this game.  All this hype about CoD ghost being a  "brand new next gen experience"  LOL gotta love IW

Message was edited by: killermushroomhead

• Re: 5 legit reasons why CoD ghosts is the worst CoD
      thaesino

Dude... how is an opinion "not legit" if OP is telling what he knows to be true about his feelings for the game and his experience playing it?

As far as he is concerned, everything he is saying is legit to him, and so he has not lied or misrepresented anything.

You could say you don't agree, but just saying "not legit," as if this was the comments section on YouTube or Facebook, doesn't add to this discussion in any way.

AlteredVista

1) I have many issues with the spawns in all game modes. There are times I feel the spawns feel worse than ever. I don't have a concrete way to fix them, but I don't like how often you respawn and immediately get shot to the side or back. Perhaps there is just not enough spawn points. I still don't find it gamebreaking, but it can be upsetting when you are dominating a game and die once...then proceed to get two really bad spawns and have three straight deaths. That happens more often than I would like.

2) Whiteout, Stormfront, and Siege aren't too big. None of those maps always get downvoted in my experience. In fact, I wish Chasm got downvoted more often. Chasm and Free fall are the worst maps IMO. The other maps you mentioned have gotten better and faster for me. I found the three lane style of maps to be very limiting and having an entire game of one style led to repetitive gameplay. There are small, medium, and large maps in Ghosts, and this variety is what makes the game exciting and fresh for me.

3) You don't need to reinvent the wheel. I think the perk system in this game is a lot better balanced than Black Ops 2 pick 10 system. There is more variety in playstyles. I find this to be a subtle form of innovation.

4) No. The game would be extremely frustrating with more health because many encounters are mid-long range. People would simply be rewarded for backing around a corner.

5) I agree here. They are just trying to artificially increase the price of the game by saving all the best skins and camos for DLC. I think they went over the line with create-a-class slots.

Your K/D ratio doesn't speak much by itself. I have had a 3+ K/D in every cod since Cod 4. I have criticisms of the game myself including gimmicks like the care package KEM and some of the environment destruction in general. However, overall I find Ghosts to be one of the better installments in the series. Everything you posted was your opinion, but you stated it as a fact.

joe1011phosphate

The first guy was right. This game is garbage on all fronts. Stealing the 3 tiered perks from MW3 and making them individual perks? Wow! Your innovation, as you call it, with dlc weapons? You are so behind the curve IW(I.e. Battlefield release 5+ weapons per pack not counting new equipment like the UCAV). The graphics are terrible. After hitting max prestige there is no longer a reason for play anymore. For what, Opperations where you are rewarded with poorly designed patches. Look at the annimations for kills and achievements in BO2 and you can clearly see this title is a step back. Every cod has new weapon amd maps, but what major game changers did you bring? A handfull of villianous characters from movies? Oh please. I haven't played in a month and that saying a lot about COD seeing as how I used to play the latest title until the new one releases. And jesus with the Spanish already. Can we not have language or region based servers? If I feel like the map is themed for Central or South America because my teammates all speak spanish, something has gone amiss.

Bmac223

Oh who cares. Only on days that end in 'Y', is this a video game. You should name and shame whoever put the gun to your head and made you buy this game.

gotsomestars

New thread, same crybaby.

If you hate it, stop playing and for sure stop going to its forum .

thebiindsniper

Ghosts isn't a perfect multiplayer, but it's way better than most other multiplayer games out there at the moment, except for Black Ops II.  The only annoying features in Ghosts are IEDs, C4+Shield Combos, Ungimped quickscoping, Amplify, Danger Close, Dead Eye, and that damn Guard Dog/Wolf.

Bad spawns are in every FPS game.  Lag is in every FPS game, but at least theater mode cleared up the connections.  Also, you don't have to pay for extra classes with real money.  It's completely optional.

Lastly, I think the reason people hate Ghosts is because the killstreaks can't do all of the work anymore.  Since people have been pampered by the killstreaks of the past, it's hard for them to adjust to the streaks in Ghosts.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

zingaa

killermushroomhead wrote:

1) the spawns on kill confirmed are f*ckin terrible. I got spawn trapped playing kill confirmed on Tremor. I swear, IW make the spawns worse every year.

2) The maps suck!   chasm, whiteout, stormfront, overlord and siege are too  big for 6vs6. They always get downvoted in the lobby. Thus, indicating bad map design. No CoD in the past has had so many maps which get down-voted...

3) No innovation.  Pick 10 system (ripped from BO2) and recycled MW3 Strike packages. bleh....

5) You have to pay to get extra class setups. Errrrm....why?  In past CoD games you would prestige and get extra class setups as a reward. IW are so greedy!

my k/d is 1.8 but after 6 months im officially done with this game.  All this hype about CoD ghost being a  "brand new next gen experience"  LOL gotta love IW

So not legit. Who cares about your precious k/d, you obviously can't adapt..Trust me you're not done with the game, you're still playing.

killermushroomhead

i sold the game yesterday. lol

All my points are legit because ive played this game for 6 months. I didnt give up on this game like some people after a week. I kept playing and adapted to the lack of health.

But the spawns on kill confirmed are atrocious. Go play kill confirmed yourself and see how bad it is. Next gen CoD my A$$

AntiGov

zingaa wrote:

killermushroomhead wrote:

So not legit. Who cares about your precious k/d, you obviously can't adapt..Trust me you're not done with the game, you're still playing.

What is with everyone constantly using the "lrn2adapt" retort so much around here? Can you actually hold a discussion about gameplay mechanics? The OP listed 5 things in regards to what he/she/both doesn't like about the game. Rather than discuss that you simply just say "lrn2adapt". So to you I say, "lrn2forum".

Actions have always spoken louder than words, just look at the player population across the board. There are obvious problems with Ghosts, what exactly killed off the population? I think it had a lot to do with map design and the how easy they made the challenges. Ghosts also has a lot of weapons but when you really think about it most of them are nearly identical. The game has little replay value compared to other CoD titles. I disagree with most of what the OP said but there are problems and according to the population at this point of the game's life cycle it is indeed the worst CoD since CoD 4.

xcLAsSiFiedx2

You got to be ****** kidding me. Bad spawns? Did you ever play BO2? Compared to that game this game spawns are perfect. The create-a-class system is perfectly fine. If something is good, take it and renovate it to make it better. The maps are never downvoted. I wish Stormfront and FreeFall are downvoted though. The health is perfectly fine imo. Especially with the map sizes. If you dont want to pay for extra classes then dont. You basically have 50 or so classes to make once you unlock everything.

PatMoran

For the 1000th time. If you do not like the game, then dont play it. Dont buy it. Dont buy DLC. BUY NOTHING & STOP PLAYING. The only way you'll make a difference. Complaining here on how much the game sucks does absolutely nothing.

epic1231

Why don't people understand the spawns are NOT that bad. They are controlled by the people in the game.  I can mainly only talk HCDOM since that is pretty much all I play but our clan (team) can pretty much control any map out there because we know how far you can push and where they will spawn.

Just to test this out yesterday we went back and played BO2 with some of the guys and we were able to the exact same thing on all the maps we played (small ones also grind/nuke etc)

So the small/large map thing doesn't make sense. If you want better spawns you need larger maps to give more area you can spawn in. Smaller maps are very easy to control where the opposing team will spawn at if you are playing with a good group of people who know what they are doing.

Your #3 is silly, the game is a pretty neat game, is it the best game ever? no but it's a good solid game and for the most part if you know how to play it or play it with a squad you will do just fine.

Your #5 is the only valid point that I also had an issue with - the micro transactions are getting a little over the top with the camo's and the wolf/dog and the player skins etc.. To much but at the same time, if you don't want to pay you don't have to and can play the game without any of them.

nicedrewishfela

The new standard....

Complain Complain Complain....

My K/D is wicked awesome though, so it's not me.

spartanMook117

If you don't like multiplayer then TRY EXTINCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a bunch of people who don't like multiplayer and the reason they kept the game is because extinction!!!

killermushroomhead

I would advice people here to play kill confirmed and see how garbage the spawns are.

i dont ever recall getting spawn trapped playing kill confirmed on any other CoD.

Once i saw how bad the spawns were  on KF, i just sold the game out of anger. IW clearly dont care about us gamers. They're just in it for the money.

Charging us for extra class setups and  a spawn system which is more broken than ever? LOL  Bring on ghosts!

thaesino

I agree with some of what you have said though not all.

Definitely see eye-to-eye with you on the bit about some maps being too large for the Xbox 360 version with 6v6. Stormfront has areas that are RARELY used. Chasm has that entire area in the back and the downstairs subway that is NEVER used. When you've got maps with unused vast areas like this, and DLC packages showcasing much smaller maps, you can tell the game was not intended for the 360/PS3 generation.

True... they completely ripped the Pick-10 system without calling it anything and just throwing it there like "it was always theirs" or something.

The extra slots... well.... Black Ops 2 made you purchase extra slots also, remember? It was one of the DLCs... so I don't know why you are strictly adding this to Ghosts.

The spawns on Kill Confirmed - especially in small maps - are some of the worst I've ever seen. Sometimes I feel like the game can't handle it when there are too many tags floating around and it needs to find places to spawn players. This has been an ongoing problem since Kill Confirmed was first added. Ghosts has "kinda" solved it by not letting tags float around for too long, but beyond that, it's pretty bad.

As for the low health... disagree. Maybe I disagree because I either quickscope, use ARs, or throw knives... so I rarely have to worry about having low life.

IndyOldGuy

my top 5
    1. Spawns, bad as I have ever seen, but they seem even worse on the bigger maps, which makes no sense at all!!
    2. The zoom on thermal scope is too much, this sight is way op. I would just include all 'gimmick' attachments as a matter of fact
    3. The commando Panic knife lunge through bullets drives me mad.

4. Some of the killstreaks need moved or adjusted, the vulture and squadmate come to mind...

5. Giving a certain gun called the Ripper to only people who 'pay' for it, complete BS

obzi

I'm prepared to listen to people's opinions (even when I don't agree) when they are playing the game, but when you come on here JUST to moan when your not playing and don't even own it any more I'm not interested.

Sold the game so you've lost your say.

killermushroomhead

sold the game after 6 months. care to read my post?

and my complaints are legit. CoD is just getting worse every year because fanboys  think BS  spawns and maps are acceptable.

biron_w

I've just got rid of this game but I could still moan about it and my complaints would be legit.

I played it for 6 months. I waited for them to fix the problems.

The spawn system was still a load of crap when I stopped playing. I know you can't have a totally perfect spawn system but when you constantly spawn near enemies or in their line of sight then you know it's broken.

Match making and host selection sucked. It seemed alright to start with, and I liked the game at the start, but something changed and it all went downhill.

Remember them saying the game had dedicated servers? Trolling of the highest degree from IW.

When I paid £45 for a game and another £12 for some DLC then my complaints are valid. Whether or not I still have the game.

Satakyn

1) Personally, I've found KC to have the least problems with spawns. It's TDM and Blitz that really get me caught up on the wrong side of spawn trapping, especially on certain maps like Warhawk, Freight, and Soverign.

2) The only maps I don't like in this game are Overlord and Siege. Overlord is decent for objective games, but too much camping in the middle can ruin it. Dont even get me started on the atrocity that is Siege. If Siege was larger making the map a square instead of a rectangle, it might of been good, but the most basic complaint I can make about it is that it is too elongated and the tri-section divisions of the map are horrid. As for Whiteout and Stormfront, if you don't enjoy a good sniping map from time to time, then the variety of playstyles you utilize has to be fairly boring and limited. Chasm is not even that large, just awkward and clunky, try it 4v4, particularly Clan v Clan made me like that map.

3) I think stripping the perk class restrictions is quite innovative, and the variety and balance of perks, weapons, and attachments with the killstreaks is admirable for a CoD game. Even of the Assault killstreaks I don't like, I never get too bent out of shape when they're being used against me because there aren't that many OP killstreaks.

4) We all wanted dedicated servers and they never gave it to us, so what? Suck it up and deal with it, eventually some day we'll get dedicated servers, it's not like we haven't dealt with that in all of CoD history before Ghosts.

5) You say greedy but if you play any game anywhere else in the industry, you have certain add ons to the game that cost money. I used to only use 6 classes when I played MW3, I only ever wanted 7 for that game. The fact that most of the people I know think that 60 classes, 6 classes each for 10 different character loadouts, is far too much says that you really haven't thought about the variety you can enact in class setups for this game. In previous games, when you prestige you lost everything you had unlocked thus giving you 10 classes total, but with Ghosts you get 60 or 100 classes total depending on if you bought the extra slots or not. And seriously, you don't have $2? I bought the wolf just because I was bored and two bucks wasn't much for me at the time, so of course I had an extra two to spare for extra slots. The majority of people out there don't need that many slots per character, that's why it is a cheap add on. Customization packs will be bought, but if you don't want to spend the money, then don't do it, but don't complain about it just because you're poor.

codeblue416

1.  Now I don't really remember us having as much trouble with the spawn system in MW2 or having it very often in the first Black Ops but I'm sure we probably did it's part of playing the game and honestly when was the last game the community didn't complain about the spawns in a game.  When BO2 came out people raged about the spawns being garbage then in MW3 people raged about the spawns being garbage it's the nature of the game we play and it's in most every shooter really.  You'll see it on most maps as soon as the game starts where do a lot of players on your team go they run right for where the enemy team should be coming from and if they kill them and make it to where they are spawning in from the spawns flip it's just in this game the spawns flip really fast and where the game considers a safe area isn't always so safe.  I've died and seen a friend die right after me only to see us spawned on two different sides of the map with him going why are you over there right as I get shot by 4 enemies at once since they all spawned around me I just consider it my turn in the barrel it happens to us all it's about player placement on the maps is all it'll likely always be a problem when you have mulitiple players in any game unless the maps are huge almost nowhere is safe especially when teams have a lot of people whos goal is to make it into the enemy spawn and try to kill you as you're spawning in.  I don't see them as being any worse than they have been in other COD titles.

2. Honestly I like most all the maps on this game some more than others oh except for that Freefall oh how I hate that map too much clutter too much smoke in too small of an area.  I think the larger maps are a nice improvement I always thought it was funny playing a hijacked or a nuke town over and over and over they gave us a little diversity some maps are smaller than others we'll probably start seeing larger maps because it's the beginning of the bridge onto the next gen consoles where bigger maps will probably become a norm as the consoles become more powerful and can handle rendering the larger map areas and actually those larger maps you speak of depending on player placement I usually seem to have an easier time spawning in because of more area to spawn in.  The days of linear map design are long gone now we have flank route after flank route but it's more realistic than in the past in what world is there only one street in a town to go down.

3.  There is only so much innovation you can have in a game where you use a gun and point and shoot there will never be a reinvent the wheel moment in a fps I'm afraid to say but I must say the devs listened when people cried oh the streaks are overpowered well in this game you get to use something called your gun to do the work no pave low chopper gunner to get 10-15 easy kills in a few secs that's an innovation they tried to get us back to gun play.  I do kinda miss my harrier and various airstikes though.

4.  Low health eh it's not so much the health as it is the damage of the weapons pointed at you it's still based on the 100 it's been for a while and honestly this game runs much smoother for me than the last couple I don't have those out of body experiences I did in BO2 where my character model was a second ahead of my real player box letting people see me before I see them I still get the rubber band bullet ever once in a while but not the garbage ones like MW3 or BO2 or even BO where I could take cover behind something the enemy keep shooting and a blood spatter appear in midair and I die.  I believe the removal of the theatre mode helped with some of the lag not as much going on at once for the game to process.

5.  I seem to remember back in the day you started with only a few class setup and you had to prestige to get them now I am kinda sad that prestiging really feels hollow and worthless in this game but they give you the chance at getting like 60 without much trouble and the 100 if you want to pay a few dollars but whats the point with 6 on each character surely everyone has a tool for every situation with one of the 6.

This game certainly isn't the worst it isn't the best either every one is always going to have flaws and it's impossible to please all the people all the time.  I've played since COD4 and with every call of Duty you have to change your play style a little adapt a little experiment and see what works the best for you I feel like it's still the best the best fps franchise available I enjoy playing

Diversible_

Black ops 2 you could have extra classes, but later in the game they made you pay for extra class sets. In ghost every squad can be a different load out (classes for SnD, DOM, Blitz etc). 5 classes per game type is enough for me and to get more is still a cheap amount of money.

I personally don't play KC, its not a MLG game type so i can give two craps less about it.

There is always a ton of maps terrible on COD some more tolerable than others, but very few actually get played on. (or make Gb/MLG variant maps all COD are limited out of the originals for them literally just a handful).

Still takes the same amount of bullets to kill someone, you may refer to amount of range drop offs all guns have.

Its not the pick ten system, My perks alone equal 11 points, Than if you count the primary I have the Remington with Red dot and fore grip that would be 14. Or if you count the amount of perks i have thats 5 and a primary with 2 attachments.

I don't know whats to wrong with the strike packages I like having the option from specialist to assault. (don't really care for support).

(this game i do have the lowest K/D i have ever had 2.32, but i also took a half a year break before coming back and playing COD and i've played roughly 80% solo).

Granted this isn't the best COD i can usually entertain myself for a hr or two every once in a while in PUBS. However you have to run around continuously or i get bored after a game or 2. 

spartanMook117

Maybe you should play hardcore, the spawns are not bad at ALL!!!!!