19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2014 2:45 PM by slyd0g55 RSS

Connection Issues: A Story of GHOSTS

goatforcce

I think it is insulting that we have been told to expect dedicated servers and better connections. I have never experienced such poor connections and lobbies in COD before and I have played since W@W.

How can games consistently go from running fine to lagging so bad you can barely walk?

• Re: Connection Issues: A Story of GHOSTS
    Suburban Punk

Its been especially terrible since yesterday.

onlineace

Yes it has been very bad since yesterday!!  Yet the same guys who have these 1.5 k/ds and up seem to never be effected.  You play against them and its impossible to win a gun battle.  You unload a clip on them and they shoot you with seemingly one shot!!  WTF is going on with this game?  Its consistantly so 8 out of 10 times same way.  Activision has to come clean with this community and disclose facts!! Where are the best locations and why are they favoured over and over again!!

BanHaMMer

Because they are still using P2P, so it all comes down to the host.

TheDarkOne123

Don't worry they will never get Dedicated Servers cause it dips into their profits by more than five percent.

Izjar11

They said it was a mix of P2P and dedis, problem is they never mentioned what regions / areas would be on dedis.

CallofDookie2014

Gotta love that 1 dedicated server "Hybrid System".

Izjar11

few clan members were complaining today about bad connection, I experience terrible connection issues in February.

TheDarkOne123

Too bad they won't fix anything.

Izjar11

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

Too bad they won't fix anything.

Unfortunately the idea that gaming internet connection can be simply "fixed" is also false. They can't "Fix" lag, poor service, bad wiring, intermittent delays, its just impossible. I presume in the future as gaming evolves, a solution to end "latency" will appear.

Suburban Punk

But  they can fix poor design and bad code, but they choose not to.  I.E.  The video lag / frame rate problem that only makes things worse.

Also,is quite simple to roll out servers in several geographic locations, they also choose not to do that.  If there's any application where doing this makes sense, its for latency critical applications like online gaming!

Izjar11

Suburban Punk wrote:

But  they can fix poor design and bad code, but they choose not to.  I.E.  The video lag / frame rate problem that only makes things worse.

Also,is quite simple to roll out servers in several geographic locations, they also choose not to do that.  If there's any application where doing this makes sense, its for latency critical applications like online gaming!

Fix poor design? Easier said than done.

Bad code? How do forumite users deterime they used a "bad code". The idea that they "choose" to affect players for the worse makes zero sense but hey we all have an opnion, wrong or right one.

Hmmm,  why dont they release full dedicated servers (in multiple regions) is a business related question, large corporations tend to make cost decisions, not adding as many dedis as (we) would prefer is probably a financial one. For us gamers, yes dedicated servers gives us better games but more dedis gives them less money at the same amount of earnings from sales.

avengedyesterday

Suburban Punk wrote:

Sorry to break it to you, there is latency in all online gaming. Sadly, cry babies use it as an excuse for dying/losing 9/10 times when it wasn't really a factor. Secondly, design isn't going to fix anything. To get excellent connections with p2p you need people playing near you. With 25k people playing on the ps4 that's highly unlikely to happen. So what happens? You get matched up with distant players which leads to laggy game play. There is no magic fix for it. Will they go full on dedicated servers? If it was demanded then probably. Call of duty still sells millions of copies and unless adding dedicated servers would increase Activision's profit margin it will always be a fantasy.

As for frame rate problems. I haven't noticed it in the ps4 often at all. The game itself runs consistent.

onlineace

Sorry hate to break it to you, but there is more latency on Ghosts PS4 then there has ever been of any COD series!!  Online numbers of players are reflective of that.  As of right now!  There are 33 thousand players playing Ghosts on PS4.  The PS3 has 75 thousand.   You are correct about the poor matchmaking being a reflection of poor number of players.  So why tell someone that they are using latency as an excuse for dying when its fact!!!!  I have written about it on this forum several times that its the game and its dwindling numbers that have ruined Ghosts on this platform.  Ive played the game in NY and I was god like.  Yet just north of Ontario where I reside. Its almost unplayable.

I want to know what area you live in that you could sit there and say that you havent noticed any frame rate issues and the game runs consistantly!  Please enlighten us weak players oh Lord of Ghosts!! Also please post what you are using wifi, lan, wallmart connection.. Dixie cup with string please.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh BTW the argument that this platform is still new and too many players have yet to switch!  Thats BS.  Sales of ps4 are in the millions.  WTF are they playing pinball!  Very limited games as is.

TheDarkOne123

They can't fix that but they can make connection a player's responsibility instead of leechers and leeches.

slyd0g55

I find this statement of your's ' How can games consistently go from running fine to lagging so bad you can barely walk?" true and disappointing that a forum member has to mention a statement like this. I'm just starting to experience it more then before 

They say BO2 MW3 was laggy ,- I never had such problems or very minimal lag at times, Ghosts on PS4 has gotten worse  , considering yea they mentioned that they'll be bringing dedicated servers.(members told me it"s not a sure fix) I feel dooped that I got a PS4 as well as Ghosts when my PS3 gaming experience was none to moan about during game sessions. I could've saved $850 back then to play Ghosts , It's not the PS4 issues so now that I got it , can only hope for better future titles.