6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2014 6:33 AM by Momba1 RSS

I THINK THE COD PC PLAYERS SHOULD BAND FOR GIVING US DLC MONTH LATER?!

shachar19988

hello every body.

my idea is to ban cod ghosts and cod a.d, the purpose us doing that is for them to understand that we also love cod but we what to enjoy the all the d.l.cs that is coming out and came out in the same time the xbox players enjoy it, i talk in the name of ps3 to cuse` they also get the d.l.cs after the xbox player.

if this idea catches a lot of attention i dont think activision will do something about the subject `cuse they get money from, but it worth trying.

thank for the supporters, please comment with your opinion on the subject.

TY

• Re: I THINK THE COD PC PLAYERS SHOULD BAND FOR GIVING US DLC MONTH LATER?!
    dbkvaternik

I for one am NOT buying COD AW. Besides the lack of PC support from Activision, I just don't like the idea of futuristic weapons. If I wanted that, I'd go play Titanfall.

That aside, I did have the displeasure of recently DLing the 10GB+ update via steam last week only to find a gold knife and pdw and the next batch of extinction armoury updates (not that they are selectable). I guess it was the Invasion DLC but it's just disabled.

ACT/IW already got enough money from me:

• base game
    • DLC 1
    • extra loadout slots (gift)
    • Season Pass
    • Drill Instructor VP
    gramthenOOb

It's nice to dream, but it won't happen.  Activision is under contract with Microsoft for this deal to continue until further notice.

gambit1969

I think maybe you should do some research as to why the DLC drops on xbox first, and then learn to spell and some basic grammer would be nice

Momba1

Your thread is a little hard to follow, but I assume your complaint is why the Xbox gets its DLC 30 days before other platforms.

Currently the PC represents about 1/40th of the CoD sales so its influence with Activision at best is very small. Once upon a time CoD started on only the PC, but that all has since changed and the PC has been left behind to the Consoles. Next, up to the Xbox One's release the 'Xbox' platform was and still is the CoD's top seller platform then combine that with Microsoft reducing it's licencing fees to Activision as an inducement (financial bribe) for early DLC you have the current arrangement. In other words Microsoft wants you to purchase CoD on the Xbox platform and is giving Activision a financial incentive for that privilege.

Frankly I was a little surprised that Sony didn't make a bid with Activision because of its PS4 success, but both 'next gen' consoles (PS4 & Xbox One) still only represent a small fraction of current sales and the Xbox 360 still is the primary sales outlet for CoD.

Bottom-line, it's all about money and the arrangement between Activision and Microsoft to my understanding has been renewed so the next CoD Advanced Warfare with the 30 day DLC advance sales will remain the same.