13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 11:19 AM by famousaj RSS

Hypno A Mammoth?

Kanooke

I think we all know we can't hypno a Mammoth, but I have to ask - Why not? Seems like they're from the same family, so what is it exactly that makes them impervious to a hypno strike? I'm thinking the Dev's just over looked this when they pushed the game out. So I have to ask: Would you like to be able to hypno a mammoth? Because maybe we need to ask for a buff.

• Re: Hypno A Mammoth?
    NerdNurse

The mammoth adds a spice to the game, a challenge, hypno-knifeing it would be kind of cheese, however I could see that being a 60 teeth upcomming upgrade, or knife a gargoyle

Fog115

Yeah I think that would be cool EXCEPT this does not include the things it summons as that would be OP

Stinky666

Being able to hypno a rhino has made Nightfall and POC that bit easier, so being able to hypno a Mammoth as well, on Awakening, would make that FAR too easy. Hypno Knives and Flares are quite common (it seems) on Awakening, so you'd be able to hypno every single mammoth.

Sure, maybe add it as n upgrade.... eventually. Not for a while though.Not until the next DLC is out anyway.

kegstandcrazy

It would be a waste of hypno knives if it didn't work, but with as many hypno knives that show up in the map, has a group of players with the "hypno a rhino" upgrade tried to hit a mammoth or gargoyle with multiple hypno knifes?

SevenThug

Why would that possibly work? Don't you think they would want to make that a big deal that they tell everyone about if they were putting it in the game? Especially because the rest of the teeth upgrades are 37 teeth.

And really...mammoths aren't hard to kill. Take a lot of damage, but you drop them in the electric trap. It wouldn't be worth wasting 4 hypno knives on one.

kegstandcrazy

Dang.  It was just a question.  I find new things all the time that they don't make public (or that I don't see made public, for example the Easter eggs).  I wouldn't put it past them.  That is why I asked though.  You don't know till you try.  I didn't ask though, to get a ridiculous "why would that possibly work" or @ Stinky666 "a mammoth is not a rhino" answer.  I was simply looking for a "Don't think that would work, but never tried it" or a "Tried it, but no luck" answer.  Thanks.

Stinky666

If you don't want a response YOU want to hear/read, don't ask questions.

Not everyone will respond with what you're looking for, but they/we will respond and give our thoughts on stuff as to why something is/isn't working etc.

kegstandcrazy

And again stinky, you didn't answer my question.  I asked if anyone tried it not if they thought it would work.  I realize it was a long shot and somewhat a stupid question, but this is a video game and just about anything is possible.  If you would have simply added a "but no, I haven't tried it" you would have met my criteria regardless of anything else you said.  I understand I'm not always going to get answers that please, but at least provide an answer to what is asked if you are going to reply.  That's all I'm saying.

Stinky666

Even if a thousand people with the hypno a rhino upgrade threw their knives at a Mammoth, it would not work. A Mammoth is not a rhino. When it says "rhino" for the upgrade, it means an actual rhino. It doesn't matter if it's similar etc. It has to be specifically a rhino.

PANDORA SIREN

I don't know why they won't allow it. In my opinion, it's likely due to the Mammoth's ground smash that spawns 4 Hunters. That would be nice if they allowed the hypno-knifing of the Mammoth and his cronies.

famousaj

Rhinos look like massive armadillos anyways. The upgrade should say Hypno an Armadillo.