47 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2014 7:30 AM by zingaa RSS

Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

JSlayer211

Often times, I am in a lobby and a couple of maps come up to choose from and I don't want to play in EITHER of those maps. Kind of like Siege/Stonehaven choice or Freefall/Behemoth. So I do what a sensible person that doesn't want to play those maps does, I leave the lobby.

However, when I search again, I am seemingly restricted to this same lobby and placed back into it time and time and time again. I have been placed into the same lobby/game in excess of 8 times in succession. You will very seldom make me rage with killing me in a game (unless it's a broken spawn killing lobby), but being forced to play in a certain lobby over and over again is beyond annoying.

It's these annoying factors that really take away from the gaming experience. If a lobby is super laggy for me, I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same game endlessly. The same goes for leaving a game of spawn killing mayhem on Free Fall. I don't want to keep getting thrown into that stupid game over and over again.

Some may say, "well, it's not something they can fix or control." That's where I think you are very wrong. In BO2 (I know, I know everyone hates when you compare the two but this is necessary), if you went into a HC game and team killed until you were kicked, it would BLOCK you from rejoining that game lobby again until the match was over. So can someone please explain to me why that same logic cannot be applied to pub lobbies where you either quit or leave the lobby? You could even make it so that it requires two leaves from a lobby to be blocked from it.

I think there isn't enough emphasis on the things that make the CoD gaming experience enjoyable. What may seem like small things, can ultimately add up to a majorly unpleasant experience. So is it player nit picking or is it developer neglect? The gaming experience isn't solely about what goes on inside the game, it's all of the things that lead up to the game as well. I think a good example of this is shown with how poorly the PS3 navigation/dashboard was received, then the X1 having similar issues.

The last few nights, I turned my game off because I just kept getting slammed into the same lobbies I was trying to avoid for the reasons above. I might turn it on again tomorrow, but how many of the CoD gamers will stop turning it on because of annoying factors like this?

• Re: Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!
    Medrano911

I have also had this frustrating experience. One thing I would ask you to think about is if they made the BO2 system apart of Ghosts, what happen if you lag out and you want to get back in that lobby but are unable to?

zingaa

It might be a matchmaking issue or not enough players on-line in your game mode.

I run into this once and while early in the morning, I hate S&R and will always look for a new lobby, sometimes I get placed back in the same S&R lobby, I just try another mode and then go back and it's fine. I seriously doubt this is an over and over problem, either you're not waiting long enough or your rage quitting way too much and keep getting placed in the lobby you just left.

JSlayer211

Nah, I don't rage quit. If I get instantly placed into a game, I check before I join it. If the team I am getting put on is getting demolished and the opponents are going ham with streaks. I just leave. I don't even try to play that game, it's a lost cause lol. Yet, that's when this problem gets the worst. I get placed back into that same terrible game over and over and over again.

Besides, you have never been in a lobby where both of the maps are terrible choices and just left the lobby? I think you are a minority in the CoD community if there aren't atleast 2 maps in the game that you don't like or prefer not to play.

DjDUB_UK

I would have to agree with you. Probably one of the things that makes me rage the most is being put back in lobbies I just left..especially when they put me into a lobby when the score is 64-11 and I am on the losing side..Game is almost over and I'm losing..why would I want to stay?? WTF!!!

This would be in the top 3 of things to fix in this game only next to Spawns and Audio(for me).

Be_sharp_Sabre

Well the low population of players in Ghosts now is the killing factor for finding lobby's.

CodPro3

I usually find waiting up to 15 - 30 seconds after quitting a match then trying again gives a higher chance of being put into a different match than the one you quit from.

The again as others have stated it could be a matchmaking problem, not enough players currently in that game mode or you live in a location where there aren't many people who play call of duty ghosts.

Not many people play ghosts compared to the other cods which will also make the problem worse.

Think when MW3 came out on 360 alone it would have 600,000+ online at the same time Also when blops 1 came out on it's release (a few days in) it had over 3 million online at the same time on 360 whereas ghosts 360 doesn't have anywhere near that figure. A large population of players went back to Black Ops 2 or one of the older cods and now that many players moved to the One and Ps4 that also doesn't help the problem as the players are now spread out across two more consoles.

CallofDookie2014

It's just the games way of saying , dont be a quitter.

JSlayer211

So if you were thrown into a game of Blitz on Free Fall, and the enemy team had a spawn killing trap setup with LMG's murdering you as soon as you spawned in. You wouldn't quit? That has happened to me atleast twice. The amount of times I was put BACK into those games was about 20 total. Sounds like a fun afternoon right? But if leaving those games makes me a quitter and I never even selected a character to join the game, owell.

Sledgehammer23248

There is one problem, I never see more than 1400 playing blitz unless it's clan wars... Particularly low number of players which will decrease the amount of lobbies...  it yes, I'd leave in that scenario... I think the main problem you have is the low amount of online players... I like dom but only find so many lobbies, if I back out, and I do for many reasons, I go to the right once exited to wait till my player reloads (there is a circle showing he is loading) and usually, once he loads and I select my mode again, I get into a new lobby... If that doesn't work, I just play TDM... That usually has the most players.

Lucent76

Yhea if I am in a particularly laggy lobby and leave I usually get put back in the same match and this has gone on from practically day 1.

Shadowelite555

Since the latest DLC has come out, I wanted to play Mutiny, no luck yet. Im also sick of getting thrown in the same lobbies; totally agree with you.

Robwolves

I have the same problem and see other suffering too (where they leave and keep getting put back in the lobby I'm in). You get put back in lobbies you don't want to be in, matched with people on the other side of the globe when there are plenty of local players online. The matchmaking on Ghosts is just poor overall

I play on BLOPSII still as well as Ghosts and even when there are similar numbers of players online or less, I never have the same problems on BLOPSII and the matchmaking seems so much better.

It's a shame IW don't adopt Treyarc's matchmaking system.

starbuckfrack

The problem is that you do not have a CHOICE which lobby you get in due to the amount of players they have to deal with day in and day out. The play lists for example have limited space so if they had to add something they would have to remove something. Think of it like trying to get 20 people in an elevator, if you want to make it 21 people you cant.

So to save space in the "matchmaking slots" they just bunch everyone up all together with each other. Giving people a choice or holding someone back from joining a particular lobby would mean they would require more matchmaking space they dont have.

JSlayer211

I'm not sure how that makes sense. I'm not saying that it's not true, that I just don't understand it. Also, how did Treyarch manage to do it for BO2 HC if it's not possible? Your explanation seems counter intuitive to the systems that have already been put in place.

I can understand about the amount of players they have to deal with, but if I don't want to be put back into a lobby or have left it they should want me to not be placed back into a game I'm not enjoying.

Let's say there are only 11 people playing in a game mode. So there is currently only one game running at a time. I join the game and the lag is unbearable, one team is spawn killing, and streaks are going off everywhere. I leave the game. Instead of placing me BACK into that same game session. It should just see that I chose to leave it and act as follows. Give a prompt that this is a game I have left previously, Rejoin? A= yes B= no. If I choose no, I just sit in the lobby until the next game is available or play another game mode with more people.

I don't see how this would require more "slots" as I am simply queued for the next game. Not running another game instance or game mode within the lobby. I don't believe there is such a thing as "matchmaking space" because then it would be possible for a less popular game mode to be suddenly overwhelmed if everyone left TDM and joined Reinforced the server would crash? Nah, that just doesn't even sound likely.

Robwolves

I'm not sure I understand you correctly either starbuckfrack. I don't know how adding a playlist and removing one is related to the OP wanting to prevent being put back in the same lobby of the existing playlist he's playing and instead being put in another available lobby or starting a fresh one for the given game mode/playlist he's currently playing.

I understand them not creating too many playlists/game modes if the playing population is small, as you then spread it too thinly across the different playlists. However, I wouldn't have thought they were limited to player space within the existing playlists. As JSlayer211 says, what happens if suddenly a shed load of players decide to play. Surely the matchmaking wouldn't prevent those players entering lobbies or starting fresh lobbies because they only have limited spaces.

Maybe I've misunderstood the relation of playlists to matching making slots that you mention. If so, sorry.

starbuckfrack

Its called memory allocation. And the fact that having a playlist IS using limited space. I would suggest looking thru the older forums like MW3 and Blops 1 where they told us forum members that they playlist was limited. If you searched you might find some statements back when they had the 24/7 Nuketown playlist for example and see where the devs talked about it then. When they added Nuktown 24/7 they had to temporarily rearrange the play lists to fit them in. It gets too detailed to rexplain it here but they talked about it in detail during Black Ops 1. I am too busy to reiterate it rigith now, sorry.

Short version, If for example in HC TDM they aonly had 12 lobbies total in the playlist they could have and 11 lobbies were full they could not give you a choice to join a 13th lobby. Each game when released has a limited amount of playlists.

But ALL of us have to deal with a laggy lobby at some point, so that excuse is not only old but has been used almost daily since I joined the forum 6 years ago. If you dont want o get stuck in the same lobby then stop quitting games. It is your god given right to not be in a game that you dont want. But it is also their right not to cater to people that shouldnt be leaving games in the first place.

JSlayer211

I hardly believe CoD:Ghosts is "maxing" their online abilities with the low population. The two don't really mesh well together as a logical argument. Last night, there were 85k people online at around 6pm central. 2500 of them were in KC.  If every game is absolutely full, that's 208 games roughly running with an incomplete lobby to boot. You mean to insinuate to me that CoD: Ghosts cannot robustly support such a small and dwindling online playerbase, but BO2 can and IS currently? BO2 was and is much more successful of a game than Ghosts, yet their HC modes could block you from game session re-entry without issues. Ghosts having a smaller playerbase would mean they have more memory to allocate across the board if it's a consumption of resources issue. Since they don't have to generate NEARLY as many game sessions or lobbies there should be a TON of resources just idling if what you say is true.

Have you ever been a full second behind others in a game? I have and it's not just a matter of "play better" or "stick it out." If the game is unplayable, it just isn't playable for you in that given lobby. It's not a matter of being a quitter or not. If someone is running circles around you and you can't get a hitmarker, you aren't even able to compete. Call it an excuse if you like, but lag isn't the Boogie Man, it's real.

starbuckfrack

First of all how do you know you are a full second behind every player ? Because you arent a full second behind. I you were that would mean your ping and the other person ping would be at 500 EACH. 500 ping would be almost once around the world and back to your town.. Do you use the killcam to assume that ?

You should really search on the subject and please try to understand. Its not the amount of PLAYERS that is limited it is the amount of GAME TYPES. It has nothing to do with the playerbase. This game has the addition of Squads mode so right there that limits the space of memory.

I never claimed I was a developer in COD I am a gamer just like you, and either I nor you know how it rally works. But at least I have read up on it and you even refuse to use the search feature to see how it works. You just assume your idea would work.

Its bad enough that other people cry about this same subject every day and create a new thread on the same spammed topic but why are you so important that you cant just add your thoughts to an existing thread instead of starting a new one on the same old ten year old topic ?. Are you the Presidents son or something ?

As well as all COD games (probably) have to pay for the space they use for matchmaking. Did you ever think of that ?

And I am sorry but where did I say lag didnt exist.?

I SAID that we all play the same exact game like you. Burt when I get in a laggy game I dont wimp out and quit. I played MANY laggy games including one on the Satllite map in one of the previous CODs . The lag was so bad it was 5 FPS for 90 percent of the match. Did I quit. NO.I play the same exact game as you with the same different pings in every game with 1000 other players with varying pings, If I get lag I dont blame the game and quit I change my playstyle. I have NEVER quit a game and I am getting the same exact connections overall that you are.

You also have to remember that IW has at least FOUR playlists right now not two. PS3, PS4, 360, and the ONE. Previous CODs only had the space to run playlists for 2 major consoles before. They have to pay for space to run for all of those PLUS the players that play on dedis to another provider . When you take two employees out for lunch on a 20 dollar budget that budget doesnt go as far with 4 people. Microsoft charges for "matchmaking space" they never give much away for free.

JSlayer211

What you just did is call making a big assumption. Assumptions are a terrible thing to make. I know this because I use sitrep the majority of the time. So it's really easy for me to find enemy equipment and shoot it. so, unless you believe that an IMS has astonishing dodging capabilities, it's REALLY easy to determine how far you are behind by shooting one. If you shoot an IMS and the hitmarker doesn't show up for a full second, you ARE behind by a full second. That's just the short and curlies of the situation. I have had the same situation happen with stationary campers. I find them and begin shooting them but hitmarkers don't start registering until sometimes over a second later at point blank range and them unaware of my presence. I know the difference of kill cams and actual gameplay. I am not using kill cams to justify what I experience every day.

So your argument about game types is completely invalid. Noone here is talking about adding or modifying game types. Just modification of the join in progress for games that you have already chosen to leave and taken a loss for or lobbies that you just don't want to play in.

I don't assume anything as you do about the lag issues others deal with ingame. What I do is wait for those with valid or even logical points of view to enlighten me on the issue at hand. I don't believe the search feature will yield much in the way of what I want to discuss as you would have undoubtedly linked me to such a good thread about this already. Yet, you haven't. Just as an fyi, that's another assumption of yours that I didn't search anything on this issue. I have read up on it and for the most part noone has a definitive answer as to how it works because they aren't developers either.

And then it gets worse. Your whole argument reduces down to the "crying" and "whining" argument. If that's not sad enough you appoint yourself a mock moderator to give me lessons on all the threads that say the same thing. Is this what you do when your argument doesn't really have an intellectual leg to stand on? I think you have contributed all that you can here, not much.

About them having to pay for space, again a futile argument. 3arch is paying for their space just fine, is IW hard on cash or something that we all don't know about except yourself.

You didn't say lag didn't exist, but your dismissive stance that it's just an "excuse" insinuates that it's an invalid argument. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Well if you enjoy laggy games and can prove to the internet that you aren't a "wimp," then good for you! However, those of us that enjoy good competitive games will opt out for something balanced. You obviously haven't played with the same lag as some of us since earlier in your post you don't seem to believe it even is possible. Remember? Lag like that would be enough to go around the world and back to my home right? Those that can say they have HONESTLY NEVER quit a game are less than 0.0001% of the CoD population. That game should not be catered to such a minuscule population of CoD apologists. CoD needs another "yes" man like a hole in the head.

That's an incomplete analogy that you are offering up. All of that population combined is STILL much lower than previous CoD's per respective console maker. The correct analogy would be buying 2 $5 buffets for 2 adults or buying 1 each per adult and 2 children's meals. Xbox one population is almost nonexistent depending on the timeframe in which you are playing.

I don't want to continue to discuss something that is completely unrelated, making playlists and your definitions of wimpy quitters. That's NOT what this thread is about.

There was once an option to choose to search by "best connection" or "fastest game." These things were great additions to the game and should have continued to be an option in the game.

If I don't like the two maps being voted for and just don't want to play either and leave the lobby before the match starts, I don't want to be continually thrown into that lobby. Your argument about playlists, quitters, and lag excuses doesn't fit. Please stop trying.

starbuckfrack

JSlayer211 wrote:

What you just did is call making a big assumption. Assumptions are a terrible thing to make. I know this because I use sitrep the majority of the time. So it's really easy for me to find enemy equipment and shoot it. so, unless you believe that an IMS has astonishing dodging capabilities, it's REALLY easy to determine how far you are behind by shooting one. If you shoot an IMS and the hitmarker doesn't show up for a full second, you ARE behind by a full second. That's just the short and curlies of the situation. I have had the same situation happen with stationary campers. I find them and begin shooting them but hitmarkers don't start registering until sometimes over a second later at point blank range and them unaware of my presence. I know the difference of kill cams and actual gameplay. I am not using kill cams to justify what I experience every day.

Just because it takes a full second doesnt mean you are a full second behind, a thing called latency is responsible and that is created because of a thing call PING. Your shooting has to be fired on your end and the firing doesnt do anything yet , then it has to tell the host that you pulled the trigger then that resonse takes time to get back to you. That is normal. If it takes a full second (which I doubt because I NEVER was a full second behind) that would mean that you have a very very lousy connection to the host. Your shots are never instant even if you played bot mode either.

So your argument about game types is completely invalid. Noone here is talking about adding or modifying game types. Just modification of the join in progress for games that you have already chosen to leave and taken a loss for or lobbies that you just don't want to play in.

I don't assume anything as you do about the lag issues others deal with ingame. What I do is wait for those with valid or even logical points of view to enlighten me on the issue at hand. I don't believe the search feature will yield much in the way of what I want to discuss as you would have undoubtedly linked me to such a good thread about this already. Yet, you haven't. Just as an fyi, that's another assumption of yours that I didn't search anything on this issue. I have read up on it and for the most part noone has a definitive answer as to how it works because they aren't developers either.

And then it gets worse. Your whole argument reduces down to the "crying" and "whining" argument. If that's not sad enough you appoint yourself a mock moderator to give me lessons on all the threads that say the same thing. Is this what you do when your argument doesn't really have an intellectual leg to stand on? I think you have contributed all that you can here, not much.

Where did I act like a moderator, I made a factual statement , you thread has been complained about daily for years. You adding another thread one the same old discussion wont change their mind how they do things.

About them having to pay for space, again a futile argument. 3arch is paying for their space just fine, is IW hard on cash or something that we all don't know about except yourself.

You didn't say lag didn't exist, but your dismissive stance that it's just an "excuse" insinuates that it's an invalid argument. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am not saying lag is an excuse but every complainer comes in here blaming something beyond their control (like lag or a modder was in the game) is at fault when they know for a fact that its their terrible gameplay. And people say "Well I got a high KD ratio so that means I am good" when you know you have a high KD ratio because you get out of the game ASAP because you are getting your butt handed to you which helps "keep" your high KD ratio.

Well if you enjoy laggy games and can prove to the internet that you aren't a "wimp," then good for you! However, those of us that enjoy good competitive games will opt out for something balanced. You obviously haven't played with the same lag as some of us since earlier in your post you don't seem to believe it even is possible. Remember? Lag like that would be enough to go around the world and back to my home right? Those that can say they have HONESTLY NEVER quit a game are less than 0.0001% of the CoD population. That game should not be catered to such a minuscule population of CoD apologists. CoD needs another "yes" man like a hole in the head.

You do know that we all have the same basic internet. Your "great connection" is pretty much the same mostly as our great connection. Once your connection gets passed your hub you are connected to the same internet we are. My hub is 5 miles outside of town. We all have lag.

That's an incomplete analogy that you are offering up. All of that population combined is STILL much lower than previous CoD's per respective console maker. The correct analogy would be buying 2 $5 buffets for 2 adults or buying 1 each per adult and 2 children's meals. Xbox one population is almost nonexistent depending on the timeframe in which you are playing.

I don't want to continue to discuss something that is completely unrelated, making playlists and your definitions of wimpy quitters. That's NOT what this thread is about.

There was once an option to choose to search by "best connection" or "fastest game." These things were great additions to the game and should have continued to be an option in the game.

They actually didnt work that well. The results were still sometimes backwards and still created problems in the game. Forum was still the same amount of lag complaints as when we didnt have a choice. If the way we had to choose worked so well then why would they take away something that worked ?

Did you ever think that maybe they put code into the matchmaking that automatically does it for us ?

If I don't like the two maps being voted for and just don't want to play either and leave the lobby before the match starts, I don't want to be continually thrown into that lobby. Your argument about playlists, quitters, and lag excuses doesn't fit. Please stop trying.

You make the choice to quit, if it helps you great but if it causes you to fall flat on your face that is still YOUR choice. Sometime we suffer for the choices we make. But to tell someone to fix something because it was YOUR decision doesnt make the other party responsible to fix things because it was your decision.

So let me get this straight so you want to add in a feature to help you join different games (sorry used the word lobbies accidentally)  that you quit so you can continue to do something that most gamers, Microsoft AND Activision frown upon ? Right ? And before you say they arent against it , they installed a gamertag  avoid option they can mark to hurt players reputation for leaving games early. So you are OK with getting punishment for getting a loss then huh?

for example in GTA they have a reputation system built in for consistent quitters, and on Xbox ONE they started putting quitters in with other quitters based on reputation.

You want me to stop replying then post this in one of the existing topics. You are no more important than the rest of us. You can get in line like all the rest of us have to do.

Robwolves

If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid.

starbuckfrack

So if the host is in California and I am in Texas you are telling me that my Time Warner Cable company is connected to him all the way to California ?

What about towns where TWC doesnt own or run  the lines, or what about someone that is using Satellite ? Are you telling me that TWC is in control of the other persons satellite connection too ?

Also you could have 1 gigabyte ISP and the host could have 10 meg  ISP and that wouldnt matter either because "speed" is not relevant in console gaming.

I used the word hub wrongly but was trying to prove a point. We all still are playing the same game you are. And some times we have to suffer.

Robwolves

So if the host is in California and I am in Texas you are telling me that my Time Warner Cable company is connected to him all the way to California ?

No, quite the opposite. It was you who was saying everyone's using the 'same internet'.

What about towns where TWC doesnt own the lines, or what about someone that is using Satellite ? Are you telling me that TWC is in control of the other persons satellite connection too ?

Nope, never said or implied anything of the sort.

I used the word hub wrongly but was trying to prove a point. We all still are playing the same game you are. And some times we have to suffer.

Yes you are playing the same game, but depending on location, ISP, matchmaking, etc you could have a varying experience compared to someone else whether you live next to each other or on other sides of the globe. Someone next door can still have a different experience connection wise because if they are using a different ISP, his path or route to the other players and to the backbone can be quite different to yours.

So no, we're not all using the 'same' internet.

Robwolves

Plus I'm not sure dropping out of a lobby where the game hasn't begun is seen as the same as quitting a match that is in progress. Quitting early is when you quit the games in progress. So your argument about hurting players reputation for leaving games early is not relevant. The game hasn't started in the scenario myself and JSlayer were referring to.

starbuckfrack

When you mark a player for leaving games that is because the choice is to mark the player for leaving games. They dont have a choice where you can mark a player to avoid for leaving lobbies. Leaving lobbies is not frowned upon. I do admit I wrongly used the word lobbies when I meant games. changed that one word.

JSlayer stated that some of the games he gets in are laggy so he quits. You cant have a laggy lobby.

Example QUOTE "So if you were thrown into a game of Blitz on Free Fall, and the enemy team had a spawn killing trap setup with LMG's murdering you as soon as you spawned in. You wouldn't quit?"

OR

"If a lobby is super laggy for me, I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same game endlessly."

If you are going to speak for somebody else please at least READ what they posted first. He has stated repeatedly he has left games . You might be talking about lobbies but what the OP is talking about is mostly games.

But it is still your choice to leave the lobby.

I lobby hop myself but I dont expect the developers to cater to me because I dont like one particular map or one group of players. It was MY choice to leave the lobby. If I get the same lobby again I just take a breath and wait for 30 seconds so hopefully someone else will join. Just like games like Titanfall which places me in the same lobby on their huge amount of servers.

If you are so uptight about getting into the same lobby then give it a moment just dont keep leaving and rejoining every 5 seconds and expect that lobby to fill up by the time it adds you back in. When you leave a lobby you dont like then wait for 30 seconds. What do you lose when you get in the same lobby ? Nothing. Why should the developers cater to you because you are too impatient to wait for 30 seconds.

If there are no other lobbies available to join at that moment then what lobby are you supposed to join ? Would you prefer a no games found message ? Like everyone else is complaining about ?

Robwolves

Yes agreed, it is my choice to leave a lobby and I accept that currently, I just need to wait long enough before finding a another match so that I don't get thrown back in the same lobby.

I don't think the OP was relating to quitting games and was more to do with hopping lobbies, so I was just trying to highlight that when you were mentioning people quitting games early. I know he did go on to mention quitting laggy games later on, but it was away from the OP. You replied to one of my posts telling me not to quit games early when I hadn't mentioned I did. I didn't like being talked to as if I did quit games early when I most definitely don't. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so defensive, sorry.

Agreed, I don't think they will ever do anything to cater for not being put back in the same lobbies, but at the same time, I don't think it would be hard for it to recognise you had left a lobby and when you hop to another, attempt to place you in an alternative one. Not likely to happen, so it's just back to waiting until I try to join a new lobby.

starbuckfrack

QUOTE "I don't think the OP was relating to quitting games and was more to do with hopping lobbies, so I was just trying to highlight that when you were mentioning people quitting games early. I know he did go on to mention quitting laggy games later on, but it was away from the OP."

No he didnt go into it later, he said it in his OP. . Please AGAIN try reading what the OP said before speaking for somebody else. Especially when you ignore it twice.

QUOTE from his first post (which was his original post) . "It's these annoying factors that really take away from the gaming experience. If a lobby is super laggy for me, (matchmaking lobbies dont have lag) I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same GAME(do you see the word GAME there the second time I point it out ?) endlessly. The same goes for leaving a game of spawn killing mayhem on Free Fall (there is no spawn killing in a matchmaking lobby) . I don't want to keep getting thrown into that stupid game over and over again.".

So do you want me to take a snapshot of the original post next time you state he didnt originally talk about it ? I already quoted him once where he said it originally, and yet you still didnt read his original statement did you ?

But my first response wasnt technically responding directly to you it just happened to be at the bottom of the response list. I was trying to respond to two posts at once. sorry if it was meant that way.

We are all connected to the same crap internet when we play. I never said we are connected to the same ISP. Nor did I say we have the same connection. OF COURSE it varies for example of which lobby you are in. All our connections overall are still basically the same. We get good connections and we get crappy connections, we can have the same distance between the same host and have two different pings, we cant connect to the same host and have a different ping each time. we all have to deal with hop issues, rerouting, disconnections, weather, distance, maintenance etc. Our pings can change in the same game. We all get the same varying matchmaking, etc. At least you could try to understand the same basic idea of what I am saying instead of trying to nitpick one or two words in an entire statement.

Robwolves

"We are all connected to the same crap internet when we play. I never said we are connected to the same ISP."

...and I never said you did or imply so.

"Nor did I say we have the same connection."

....and neither did I say you did, although wait, what's this......"All our connections overall are still basically the same"

So they are not the same, but are still basically the same?

I agree with you that everyone will have games with good connections and games with bad connections, but we don't know whether on average the playing population suffer more frequent bad connections than ourselves or not and we don't know whether, on average, people are suffering more bad connections on Ghosts than previous titles.

So lag could be more or less of an issue on each title and may effect someone much more often than another person. So to some people it may warrant fresh discussion each time.

Whilst it may be a 10 year old topic that to some people is a tired subject, a forum can be a place to vent that frustration at times. The forum doesn't prevent them from doing so even if it may be a spammed subject. It's for the moderators to decide and remove the thread if they think it is.

starbuckfrack

You DID imply I had no idea what I was talking about, and you did not specify in that first reply WHAT was wrong in my statement. You also failed to take in my full statement and nitpicked certain words as well as you ignored the fact where I said all have the same basic internet. Which is true the "internet" is the same for us every single day. Our CONNECTIONS might be different but the internet is still the same. But our connections are not the internet. Our connections are the result or the symptoms of an imperfect internet.

Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about because you dont know what the difference is between the internet and a connection is.

QUOTE "Yes you are playing the same game, but depending on location, ISP, matchmaking, etc you could have a varying experience compared to someone else whether you live next to each other or on other sides of the globe. Someone next door can still have a different experience connection wise because if they are using a different ISP, his path or route to the other players and to the backbone can be quite different to yours."

Above you start talking about ISPs and connections right there. And you said you never implied about connections or ISPs ?

I meant that as our connection SPEEDS are not the same but our qualities of connections (faults) are BASICALLY the same.

Did you miss the part where I said overall in there or basically ? I even bolded it for you.

Its like saying humans are all basically the same. In some ways we are and in other ways we are not. Overall humanity is nice people but you still do get some degenerates in there.

This isnt a discussion about lag. Because supposedly you arent talking about leaving games are you , you are talking about leaving lobbies. There is no lag in lobbies . This discussion is about repeatedly being put in games.

Moderators do have the duty of deleting threads of locking threads but the cant be on the forums 24/7 either , the rules are placed there and we should use the common sense to follow those rules in the first place. If the rule was not to go swimming fully clothed then common sense would tell you not to go swimming fully clothed in the first place.

Robwolves

By saying "If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid". I think I did cover what I thought was wrong with your statement until you corrected the word later in a later reply. One word can change the whole meaning of a statement, so until that word was changed, my reply was a fair opinion.

I didn't ignore your further statement of we all have the same basic internet. I didn't need to comment on that part, because I didn't disagree with it. Just because I don't mention something, doesn't mean I ignored it. It was a separate statement to the one that was incorrect at the time.

I'll ignore the 4th paragraph because the second sentence doesn't even make sense, aside from it being false.

I don't care if I'm not following the guidelines because I'm not the one complaining about the many posts about lag saying we should follow the rules. However, maybe you should go over the guidelines again, because having just read through them there are certainly a few you're falling foul of. Pot, kettle and all that.

Anyway, now that I appear to have wound you up for long enough, I'm off to enjoy the sunny weekend now, so I'll leave you to get wound up by someone else

starbuckfrack

Robwolves wrote:

By saying "If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid". I think I did cover what I thought was wrong with your statement until you corrected the word later in a later reply. One word can change the whole meaning of a statement, so until that word was changed, my reply was a fair opinion.

I didn't ignore your further statement of we all have the same basic internet. I didn't need to comment on that part, because I didn't disagree with it. Just because I don't mention something, doesn't mean I ignored it. It was a separate statement to the one that was incorrect at the time.

I'll ignore the 4th paragraph because the second sentence doesn't even make sense, aside from it being false.

I don't care if I'm not following the guidelines because I'm not the one complaining about the many posts about lag saying we should follow the rules. However, maybe you should go over the guidelines again, because having just read through them there are a certainly few your falling foul of. Pot, kettle and all that.

Anyway, now that I appear to have wound you up for long enough, I'm off to enjoy the sunny weekend now, so I'll leave you to get wound up by someone else

Never said I did follow procedures, just pointing out flaws in this thread that still do exist, after all we are human but some of us admit when we make a mistake.

and no I am not wound up, well at least not about this thread. Microsofts crap well thats a different story, and only reason I mention it is because its beyond sanity, details in other threads, enjoy the weekend.

starbuckfrack

Sorry , forgot to discuss that last part you mentioned. My brain issues made me keep trying to edit or adjust my words in my post more to make more sense. Otherwise it might take me  a day to respond.

They cant really cater to an individual set in a group so the only real thing they can do to appease us overall is to put us in the same "Disney Feeder Line". Because no one in this game has any kind of special pass to get ahead in line.

If a lobby is missing one player they still are going to try and fill that one with the next available player and if that again happens to be you then so be it. They need to keep the games filled overall first before they decide on starting a new one.

JSlayer211

You have to realize when you are arguing with someone that refuses to accept logic. It's never going to be a fruitful conversation.

If the game lags to 5 fps as he claims, he stays.

Hacked lobbies, he stays.

Maps he hates, he stays. (Probably will claim he loves every map in the game)

Spawn killing, he stays.

Thrown into a game that's a sure fire loss with streaks going crazy, he stays.

And somehow he thinks that makes him a better gamer/person or something. In my book, it either makes a person like that a liar or an idiot. Neither are good.

People like that have a view that the developers are God-like and have made a flawless game to be heralded for the ages. It's that kind of mentality that hurts the game though. Ghosts has some really fun aspects to it, but also some glaring and annoying issues that should have been addressed by this time in CoD's lifespan.

If you say that removing the ping bars was a bad idea, people like that come along and say that "they weren't accurate anyway." "We never needed them etc."

You say we had an option for best connection, they say "it wasn't good and didn't work anyway!"

You say I hate how cumbersome it is to mute people now, they say "you shouldn't mute your team anyway, you have to communicate."

You say where are the dedicated servers? They say "I have played on ONE every day and dedis won't help lag!"

I just try to ignore the CoD apologists and continue to give constructive criticism and feedback that could improve the gaming experience of the franchise from my PoV.

Saying, just wait in the lobby or play another mode, isn't going to cut it. I could just play another game or franchise. With Destiny, Titanfall 2, and Halo on the horizon, it's in every CoD fan's best interest to have the gaming experience improved significantly. Looking at the numbers, CoD is definitely losing steam. The more fanboys that praise at the alter and tell people to go spend a good portion of their time waiting in lobbies, will find that there are more options than just that. Maybe it's time to look closely at Don Mattrick's "we have a console for that..." comment lol. Sony had a solution to offer as well and people took it.

starbuckfrack

JSlayer211 wrote:

You have to realize when you are arguing with someone that refuses to accept logic. It's never going to be a fruitful conversation.

If the game lags to 5 fps as he claims, he stays.

Hacked lobbies, he stays.
                          I am sorry but where did I say anything about hacked lobbies ? If I DO quit a game thats a hacked lobby thats a different story. The hacked lobby is a violation of XBL and I apploud anyone who would leave one but this discussion isnt about hacked lobbies, it is about you quitting LEGIT games and what to do about it. You also never discussed hacked lobbies either.

Maps he hates, he stays. (Probably will claim he loves every map in the game)

Nope I said I never left a GAME, I even stated I jump lobbies. Logic would at least include reading what someone posts but you didnt.

Spawn killing, he stays.

Been spawn TRAPPED on a few maps but never been spawn killed. The teams I play have always helped us to avoid being spawn trapped.

Thrown into a game that's a sure fire loss with streaks going crazy, he stays.

Next game when all is even I might get the better game. I refuse to let the lt be a loss because of my wanting to quit. If I lose in a full game then thats my fault for not adapting to work well with my team.If we lose then we lose.

And somehow he thinks that makes him a better gamer/person or something. In my book, it either makes a person like that a liar or an idiot. Neither are good.

Dont need to lie, this is a public forum where I dont need to lie, so thanks for assuming so when you have no proof I did lie. You assume I lie so wouldnt that make you an idiot ?

People like that have a view that the developers are God-like and have made a flawless game to be heralded for the ages. It's that kind of mentality that hurts the game though. Ghosts has some really fun aspects to it, but also some glaring and annoying issues that should have been addressed by this time in CoD's lifespan.

Never said they are god like anywhere did I ? There are thing I dislike about every game. I usually say it once in a discussion and let it go. But you dont. You hold on to it and call the people that disagree with you liars and didiots cause you cant fathom that other people have opinions that not only differ from yours but could WAY differ from yours.

If you say that removing the ping bars was a bad idea, people like that come along and say that "they weren't accurate anyway." "We never needed them etc."

Didnt need them because I understood that connections that are constantly changing have lag. I dont need to dissect every lobby I play in. Especially on such an unpredictable thing like the internet.

You say we had an option for best connection, they say "it wasn't good and didn't work anyway!"

Some people will disagree with you but you cant handle disagreement can you ?

You say I hate how cumbersome it is to mute people now, they say "you shouldn't mute your team anyway, you have to communicate."

You say where are the dedicated servers? They say "I have played on ONE every day and dedis won't help lag!"

They wont. I get at best 30 ping in Titanfall but other players might not so guess what there will be lag issues. Never claimed I was on one EVER but I can tell you I never had a host migration since December so I would assume I was in one . Does Dedis help in Titanfall ? Nope. Do they help in BF ? Nope. They might make it better and then they might make it worse. You read way too much stuff into it when people post stuff you dont agree with.

I just try to ignore the CoD apologists and continue to give constructive criticism and feedback that could improve the gaming experience of the franchise from my PoV.

you give your feedback and others have a right to give THEIR feedback. If you dont want feedback that doesnt agree with yours then post a blog. But to sit there and claim people are idiots or are lying to you because they dont agree with you just makes you look like a child with an attitude problem. I never claimed you were an idiot or called you a liar in this thread did I ?

Saying, just wait in the lobby or play another mode, isn't going to cut it. I could just play another game or franchise. With Destiny, Titanfall 2, and Halo on the horizon, it's in every CoD fan's best interest to have the gaming experience improved significantly. Looking at the numbers, CoD is definitely losing steam. The more fanboys that praise at the alter and tell people to go spend a good portion of their time waiting in lobbies, will find that there are more options than just that. Maybe it's time to look closely at Don Mattrick's "we have a console for that..." comment lol. Sony had a solution to offer as well and people took it.

Now back onto topic. They have tried different solutions in every COD but they have NEVER helped out in the game to help a player to quit games. One year they even punished players for quitting the game the wrong way. But as far as I remember they gave you a loss for wuitting games. So if they give you punishe=ment for leaving games then why should they help you as lift a finger to help you as well ? Suffer like all the rest of us do, you are no more important than us.You THINK you are but you are just a little speck in the COD universe like the rest of us.

Just because some new game might be coming out doesnt mean any of those games will give you some option because you quit too much, they might even punish you worse. You cant assume they will just like I cant assume they wont. The present version of Titanfall doesnt give you any quitting and joining options (or help) so why would you assume the next one will ?

so what COD might be losing steam. All games die as well as all games have their bad periods too. They game could be dying and I think youre right but that was why they brought in hopefully THREE developers to boost the game. Some day GTA will die and I accept that. Some day TF will die and I accept that. This game might be dying and I accept that.

xoMrSLAVEox
    Same here and think everyone has same problem
    zingaa

I play early in the morning when the numbers are at there lowest and this does happen once and a while, but to make it sound like a "true problem" or an epidemic is just exaggerating. I leave lobbies because I hate S&R like i said, but I don't have a problem finding a new lobby after a few minutes, so for this to make you "turn off your console for the night" sounds kinda silly to me

A few questions;

What time are you playing and what game mode are you looking for?