32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2012 8:21 PM by slopingpainter2 RSS

Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

mrepictoast

Hardline is severely underpowered compared to Quickdraw (which, if you do the math, actually lets you kill faster than Stopping Power assuming you're aiming down the sights), Blast Shield, Assassin, and Overkill.  MAYBE if you're using the Specialist Package, it will be useful, but even then, 7 kills as opposed to 8 isn't worth giving up any of the above four perks.

 

Blind Eye, Assassin, and Dead Silence (BEADS lol) will be THE complained about class in Modern Warfare 3.  Quote me on it. 

 

Before you call me a whiner, I personally don't have a problem with stealth classes.  Stealth perks don't make people camp, K/D worshipping and high kill streaks do.

 

Why not kill two birds with one stone, though?  Eliminate the complainers AND make Hardline useful.  Swap them.

  • Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    I agree. I think Blind Eye and Assassin should be in the same Tier. You are either Invisable to UAV's etc or Aircraft, not both.

    • Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

      ag3ntd4rk wrote:

       

      I agree. I think Blind Eye and Assassin should be in the same Tier. You are either Invisable to UAV's etc or Aircraft, not both.

       

      This. It's irritating how it just gets abused by people now.

      • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
        mdub

        flakfire wrote:

         

        ag3ntd4rk wrote:

         

        I agree. I think Blind Eye and Assassin should be in the same Tier. You are either Invisable to UAV's etc or Aircraft, not both.

         

        This. It's irritating how it just gets abused by people now.

        How long do people keep training wheels on their bike for these days? I cant remember the last time I required a red dot on a map to get kills. I cant remember the last time I required killstreaks to do the job for me either.

        • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
          neoreaper

          mdub wrote:

           

          flakfire wrote:

           

          ag3ntd4rk wrote:

           

          I agree. I think Blind Eye and Assassin should be in the same Tier. You are either Invisable to UAV's etc or Aircraft, not both.

           

          This. It's irritating how it just gets abused by people now.

          How long do people keep training wheels on their bike for these days? I cant remember the last time I required a red dot on a map to get kills. I cant remember the last time I required killstreaks to do the job for me either.


          LMFAO!!! Grow up little kid.

  • Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
    iamhollywood5

    Having to give up 2 perks for the equivalent of Black Ops' Ghost is definitely a step in the right direction and I'm happy they at least did that, but I agree, you should have to choose between 1 of them.

  • Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    It's fair this way. Hardline + Ghost is kind of easy.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    I LOVE this idea, but it makes a little TOO much sense. When have the developers ever done anything that has made sense?

    • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
      mrepictoast

      They DID take out One Man Army, Danger Close, Last Stand and Commando.  Glad that garbage is all gone.

      • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

        Yeah, but they put them in the same perk slot, so it was rather pointless.

         

        I agree w/ the OP that swapping Blind Eye & Hardline is a good idea. However, I disagree about his stance on camping. Stealth perks don't make people camp, they allow people to do it easier. I too have no problem w/ stealth perks, but it's the way people use it that I have a big problem with. The reason most cod vets HATE Blops is because it is SO SLOW PACED; it was slow paced because of Ghost.

         

        This "BEADS" kit is going to be a major, major problem in MW3.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
    jamesafc

    I think it's fine how it is. Most Ghost users on Black Ops used SoH Pro, that's not possible on MW3 and they now have to give up two perks for the same benefit that Ghost Pro gave them.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
    outlaw-95

    My suggestions for each tier, asterisks indicating a moved perk:

     

     

    Scavenger

    Extreme Conditioning

    Recon

    Sit Rep *

    Dead Silence *

     

    Tier 2:

    Quickdraw

    Blast Shield

    Assassin

    Blind Eye *

    Overkill

     

    Tier 3:

     

    Stalker

    Steady Aim

    Hardline *

    Marksman

    Sleight of Hand *

     

    Like you said, Hardline is too UP.

     

    EDIT: Didn't mean to say OP. Sorry

    • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

      It's not bad, but giving people the ability to move silently & not trip claymores isn't ideal. How about:

       

      Scavenger

      Sleight of Hand

      Overkill

      Quickdraw

      Hardline

      ---------------------

      Blind Eye

      Assassin

      Blast Shield

      Recon

      Marksman

      --------------------

      Extreme Conditioning

      Dead Silence

      Stalker

      Sitrep

      Steady Aim

       

      It'll also force QS'ers to choose between SoH & QD

      • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
        mrepictoast

        Personally:

         

        Sleight of Hand

        Recon

        Hardline*

        Sit Rep*

        Overkill*

         

        Quickdraw

        Scavenger*

        Blast Shield

        Assassin

        Blind Eye*

         

        Extreme Conditioning*

        Stalker

        Steady Aim

        Marksman

        Dead Silence

        • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
          vims1990

          I prefer MW3's perk setup to be honest:

           

          If a player is using both Blind Eye & Assassin, they are more useful for taking out air support than shooting players who are running SOH, Quickdraw & Stalker/Steady Aim.

           

          When it comes to CQC situations, they are most likely to lose a majority of their battles.

           

          During the COD Livestream, I've seen players use both Blind Eye and Assassin and they do pretty bad against the players using "rushing" perks.

           

          Unless I'm taking out air support, yes I will be using Blind Eye + Assassin but for rushing purposes, I'm most likely to use the perk setup as mentioned above.

           

          Also don't forget these decent setups:

           

          Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro - Spam stuns/flashbangs & get many assists that go towards pointstreaks.

           

          SOH Pro and Overkill Pro using shotgun secondary. Fast weapon swaps so getting to your shotgun in close quarter situations are much faster.

          • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
            alexjt22

            While i do like MW3 perk list i think it should of been made so you cant be so strong in one area such as when you combine 3 weapon abilities such as SOH, Quickdraw, Steady Aim + a Profiency, it goes above and beyond what a perk should do and the same can be said about blind eye, assassin and dead silence.

             

            I think there are too many combos that become too strong perks should be just that a small advantage in a specific area not a massive advantage like IW have allowed when you combine perks together. IW always make the mistake and allowed deadly combos into their game and although removing certain perks is great they dont seem to get the point its when you combine perks together they become OP.

             

            I liked black ops way of thinking where you had major abilities in perk 1 as gear and character specialist abilities in perk 3 with all weapon abilities in perk 2 that created a better balance as a whole but unfortunately they didnt get the individual perks in each section right. If you take IW perks and use treyarch method of placing the perks then you hit a great balence and no OP bullsh*t

          • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

            vims1990 wrote:

             

            I prefer MW3's perk setup to be honest:

             

            If a player is using both Blind Eye & Assassin, they are more useful for taking out air support than shooting players who are running SOH, Quickdraw & Stalker/Steady Aim.

             

            When it comes to CQC situations, they are most likely to lose a majority of their battles.

             

            During the COD Livestream, I've seen players use both Blind Eye and Assassin and they do pretty bad against the players using "rushing" perks.

             

            Unless I'm taking out air support, yes I will be using Blind Eye + Assassin but for rushing purposes, I'm most likely to use the perk setup as mentioned above.

             

            Also don't forget these decent setups:

             

            Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro - Spam stuns/flashbangs & get many assists that go towards pointstreaks.

             

            SOH Pro and Overkill Pro using shotgun secondary. Fast weapon swaps so getting to your shotgun in close quarter situations are much faster.

            That is what I have been looking at in the slots, but I still think Counter+Advanced UAV should affect all players.

            • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
              vims1990

              Agreed. This is my only problem with Assassin.

               

              The killstreaks I used in Black Ops to counter ghost users are now rendered useless in MW3 since assassin pro players are not affected by Counter and Advanced UAV.

               

              Assassin should have been like this:

               

              Assassin: Do not show up on UAV

              Assassin Pro: Undetectable by Portable Radar,  Thermal Scopes and Heartbeat Sensors.

               

              Counter UAV, Advanced UAV and EMP should affect Assassin.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
    rankismet

    Why are all the Core kids still clinging to Ghost rants...?

     

    Not showing up as a dot is nothing new to COD...

     

    1. UAV Jammer
    2. Camoflague
    3. Cold-blooded
    4. Ghost

     

    They split it up into two classes now because of Pac-man lovers... and Stopping Power crutchers...

     

    Ya see... you have an issue with "Ghost" because you want your dots and SP. It's okay for everyone to use what you want to use... but they can't use what they want to use if they are a dot.

    violent smiley #1360

    • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
      jamesafc

      I think most ghost complainers just joined the bandwagon. As the months went on, more and more of them came out the wood work. It's funny because you would think players would actually adapt over time, but it was the complete oposite

       

      It's like using Ninja against heartbeat sensor users on MW2 - They could easily react if they were paying attention to whats around them, but with no red dot they couldn't get the kill most of the time lol

       

      Btw I'm a core player (TDM & FFA) and I have never had a problem with Ghost..

    • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
      mrepictoast

      rankismet wrote:

       

      They split it up into two classes now because of Pac-man lovers... and Stopping Power crutchers...

       

      Quickdraw kills faster than Stopping Power assuming you ADS.

       

      Blast Shield is Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask Pro, two extremely good Black Ops perks.

       

      Assassin hides you from the most common kill streak in the game and all the annoying sensors.

       

      Overkill gives you two guns that you can customize however you want.

       

      Hardline is...well, one point sooner for a point streak, and maybe an extra point or two per game.  It's underpowered, badly.

       

      I don't mind stealth classes, I've already said that.  But a LOT of people didn't like Ghost, and Hardline is going to be nearly useless. 

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    I will be using Recon, Marksman, Advanced UAV, Recon Drone, and SAM Turrets for the streaks they earn.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    Listen guys you havent played the game yet, you cant say that this will be abused.

     

     

    First of all perks like overkill, quickdraw, extreme conditioning and blast shield will be far more useful.

     

    Also remember this is a IW game, when was the last time IW made a slow paced ghost game like treyarch?

     

    I thought that the blind eye,assasin and dead silence combo would be overpowered too until I saw the other perks and their pro functions.

     

    If you are used to camp wit hghost in black ops you better start playing mw2 and try some run and gunning to get your reflexes up, because sitting in a corner won't help you much in mw3.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers


    I can see this being beneficial to most Core game modes. I like Hardcore game modes better though. I prefer the tiers how they are right now. Well I guess I cant say that since I haven't played the game yet, but I like it the way it is as of right now. Yes on hardcore I rock a lot of stealth with multiple attachments on my weapons systems.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers
    mmartin

    Wow, you people are funny. I love when people who have no clue about balance suggest changing perks around. Hardline underpowered compared to Quickdraw? Are you kidding me? Hardline Pro gives you "kills" (points towards point streak) for every two assists. That is an epic perk and I can't wait to use use it. Blast Shield Pro? Flak Jacket and Tac Mask Pro combined into one perk? I'll be using this for objective based games. Quickdraw will be the least used Tier 2 and will be used mainly by Quickscopers only. 

     

    I've put over 400 hours into Black Ops MP and there's absolutely no "overuse" or overabundance of Ghost in any Core game mode. It's just a bizarre phenomenon that's crept into the psyche of the community.

     

    MW2 successfully weaned people off the "follow the red dot" syndrome and for some reason it's back in Black Ops. People are so focused on chasing dots, and they do because there are more red dots than not because most people don't use Ghost, so when 1 guy pops out and kills you that wasn't one of the red dots, people just can't handle it. It's so bizarre to me.

     

    As for MW3, there may be this early adoption of Assassin, but once people get used to the game and flow, it will disappear. The reality is, Assassin's only real benefit is being invisible to UAV. Nothing else will be prevalent. Motion sensors won't be prevalent because you no longer have a separate equipment slot and HB sensors were rarely used in MW2 and there's nothing that will make them more prevalent in MW3.

     

    Unless you're an absolute hardcore camper that doesn't shoot down air support, that's the type of player that will benefit from Blind Eye. I use a Strela exclusively in Black Ops and Air Support stands no chance. I will use the same in MW3 and not waste Perk 1 to do it. I will choose a much more beneficial Perk, such as SoH and Scavenger.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    Dude, what needs to happen is noobs stop complaining about the stealth perk of every cod:

     

    Cod 4: UAV jammer

    Cod 5: Camouflage

    Cod 6: Cold-blooded

    Cod 7: Ghost

    Cod 8: Assassin

     

    Message to people that think that ghost is noob:

     

    Every COD has one and every cod will have one. If you're sad your spy plane is 83% useless due to that stealth perk than maybe you should consider that it is a freaking 3 killstreak. It is NOT supposed to be 100% accurate. That's WHY they have Blackbird/Advanced UAV as a 8/12 killstreak, cause it is 100% accurate. If you don't like it then learn that you CANNOT AT ALL trust that minimap. Use your vision, check your corners and ALWAYS aim down your sigths in a neutral or red zone or your gonna get OWNED.

     

    Message to Mrepictoast: I see your point, but hardline is usefull. I myself got addicted to it in MW2.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    I think it be great if you could just choose the 3 you want and not split into tier

    • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

      -_-

       

      Image people on COD 4 and COD 5 using: Last stand, Martydoom and Juggernaut all toghter.

       

      Perks are split for a obvious reason. They should put Ligthweigth and marathon into one perk or into the same tier. It really gets me on the nervers to see a guy with marathon, ligthweigth and a ballistic knife/Tactical knife.

  • Re: Swap Blind Eye and Hardline in the Perk Tiers

    Dang is Assassin + Blind Eye that bad?