12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 8:34 PM by imajorirager RSS

So pissed -_-

So im super excited for mw3, it comes out on my b-day i was gunna cut class that day and all then i heard of all the cool stufff you get with the hardened edition. So i head over to gamestop after clas which happens to be across the street from the my university and i go in and ask to upgrade my pre-order to hardened, they said there sold out! -_-. then i proceeded home and went onto the internet to check gamestop.com no stores have it within 100 miles of my location WTF i wanted that for my b-day now im pissed off.

• So pissed -_-

You are like 3 weeks late of being sold out, get limited editions way in advance.

• So pissed -_-

the hardened edition was announced on sept 2nd you have had plenty of time to change your pre order so you really only have yourself to blame

• Re: So pissed -_-

dultimateplayer1 wrote:

So im super excited for mw3, it comes out on my b-day i was gunna cut class that day and all then i heard of all the cool stufff you get with the hardened edition. So i head over to gamestop after clas which happens to be across the street from the my university and i go in and ask to upgrade my pre-order to hardened, they said there sold out! -_-. then i proceeded home and went onto the internet to check gamestop.com no stores have it within 100 miles of my location WTF i wanted that for my b-day now im pissed off.

its a pre order, how do you check to see if a store has any? This doesnt make sense.

cranium2001

CaliDude916 wrote:

dultimateplayer1 wrote:

its a pre order, how do you check to see if a store has any? This doesnt make sense.

Some items give you the option to pick up in store. The regular version has the option. The Hardened does not.

I got lucky, preordered my hardened in my local gamestop week and half ago, they had 4 left. Usaully its best to upgrade months in advance.

splashey

What I am irritated with is the fact that when I pre-ordered mine, there was not special edition info released yet. When I told them I would wait until they were, the manager made an extra point to make sure he told me that as soon as it was, they would contact the people that already pre-ordered to notify them so they could come take care of that before it was opened to people who had not pre-ordered. I still to this day have not been notified. I went to the store as soon as I heard about it and they were already sold out. What is the point of pre-ordering before the editions are released if they end up screwing you by not notifying you that the special editions are available for upgrade and selling all the copies to people that did not initiate their order first?

And I loved the sales person's solution to the problem... "You can pre-order the Elite membership separate." What about all the other perks that I can't though? Hello... ever hear of first come, first serve and holding to your word of giving the early orderers the opportunity to upgrade before the people who waited???

slyaudio

I know Australia wide Hardened is sold out for 360 but still available for PS3. Internet orders and everything.

I would assume that it would be the same case in USA. If he says its sold out, he would mean for USA wide, the same shop a couple streets over wouldnt have it or they would just ship it to the store you wanted.

Exact same thing happened to me!  So I pre ordered the normal one at gamestop for midnight. Then pre-ordered the hardened on amazon with free release date delivery.  Selling the other one to a buddy right after I get my Hardened in the mail for $50.  Amazon is out now though.