1 2 3 4 Previous Next 211 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 6:53 AM by Defibrilator Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

This is VERY disappointing, Robert. How can you do this to us? You mislead the entire community from the beginning, implying there would be dedicated servers, implying the PC platform would be taken seriously once again. YOU LIED. That's the bottom line.

How are you going to say that, then turn around and take away things like max fps, RANKED dedicated servers, and then toss in host advantage/match-making and force us to play in lobbies to rank up.

I will still buy this game. But you mislead us and tried to pull a smooth one. Ugh.

• 11. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    streetballer23

Great info from 402; however, I cancelled my PC pre-order on Steam because the dedicated servers are UNRANKED. I was going to cancel soon if we got no additional info anyway. This is extremly disappointing! I do still have my Hardened edition on the Xbox to look forward to, but I love PC gaming . Unranked servers just don't cut it...

• 12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice trying to hide the answer to one of the most asked questions Robert .....

"

Does Modern Warfare 3 on PC support an in-game Server Browser? Can you also use matchmaking?

Yes! In addition to the public matchmaking system for finding Ranked public games, you can use the in-game server browser to find and favorite unranked Dedicated Servers to join, which can be filtered by a number of options mentioned above."

WTF is that? So, What you are telling us is we have to rank on some ones residential internet ?  thats just plan poor or downloading 1000 torrents, lagswitching , aussie hosts and US players in the same game? can't kick,ban cheaters in ranked matches? You and i and every one else knows VAC DOSN"T WORK!!!!!!!! Whats that ? i hear a noise . Oh , thats just the alteriw.net team fixing your mess ups again.

• 13. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

wow.... can't level up on dedicated servers? what the HELL was the point in bringing them back?

you promised a CoD4-like experience, what happened there?

dissapointed man.

• 14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

Call of Duty is dead on the PC. Thanks for ruining a decent PC shooter. This WILL be the last Call of Duty on PC. I'm going on record!!!!!

Oh and the same system requirements as Black Ops. Nice state of the art graphics. Oh boy, I can play on my 4 year old computer. Booooooooooooooo Hissssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

• 15. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

The only question most of us wanted answering is the one that was'nt answered in this post, we need to know how the ranked/unranked system works on dedicated system, can we rank up on an unranked dedicated and those same ranks transfer over to the p2p match making.

Thanks for clearing up all the other questions though we needed just a little more clarification on the finer points, its greatly appreciated Robert.

Thanks

• 16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

"can we rank up on an unranked dedicated and those same ranks transfer over to the p2p match making"

Are you serious? The answer is in your question...

• 17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

wow really? way to ruin this game before it's even out. I will be cancelling my pre order.... Watch how many drops in PC pre orders you get becasue of your post now...

NO LEAN?? really....

NO SETTING MAX FPS??? really...

NO MOD TOOLS???

[Removed by Moderator]

I will never buy any of your games again.

• 18. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

STRE3TZ wrote:

wow really? way to ruin this game before it's even out. I will be cancelling my pre order.... Watch how many drops in PC pre orders you get becasue of your post now...

NO LEAN?? really....

NO SETTING MAX FPS??? really...

NO MOD TOOLS???

[Removed by Moderator]

I will never buy any of your games again.

Well I don't see how dedicated server can make a game, but it is bad if true. Remember the whole LAN thing. There was a huge backlash, and then later LAN was confirmed. It's possible for SH/IW to be patching the ability of ranked DSs. So it might still be confirmed.

• 19. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    [pde]paulkersey

For the 3rd year in a row... So, 402, you are telling us that:

we can't level/rank up (progress) on a unranked dedicated server?

You're telling us we have to be forced to play IWNET all over again?

You're telling us that dedicated servers are 18 players?

Tell me this: What is the point of dedicated servers? This isn't anything like Call Of Duty 4 at all. Why is it so hard to give us what we need? Why are we forced to play in a console styled box here?

All we asked for is ranking up 1, 2, 3, etc (we don't have to be tied to leaderboards, leave that to IWNET matchmaking)

32 Players on DEDICATED Servers (WTH is a Ground War?)

Good Anti-Cheat System and Tools

These are the basics - FIRST. They are the most important to return to the CoD4 way, or we're just better off playing actual CoD4. You guys always want to get people hyped up and then pull the tricks at the end and it's always a few weeks before release.

I don't want to buy MW2 and I don't want to buy Black Ops. I want to continue buying and playing the TRUE dedicated server way that ended with CoD4/WaW.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next