40 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 10:21 AM by iif0xh0undii RSS

THE FUTURE OF MULTIPLAYER GAMING

THESE IDEAS AND CONCEPTS ARE WHAT THE NEXT CALL OF DUTY SHOULD AIM TO INCORPORATE IN FUTURE RELEASES IN ORDER TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF GAMING.  CALL OF DUTY LOYALISTS DESERVE NOTHING LESS. -[EPIK]RespawnInfinity

1.  Multiplayer maps tied into real world GPS and time zone data.  For instance, if it is daytime or night time in a particular part of the world, then the map from that location will not only reflect the time change such as sunrise, afternoon, sunset, etc., but will also respond to weather changes.  Therefore if it is snowing or raining in that particular part of the world, the map will also respond as such.

Example:  The map is of New York and it is snowing in New York, someone playing Call of Duty in Germany would know that it is snowing in New York! 

All game play would be effected by weather changes as well whether visibility, length of laying in prone (frostbite for example if laying too long in snow which would limit camping in certain scenarios), and even sprinting fatigue in hotter "climates".

(This would re-invent the way all future multiplayer games respond and interact with real world GPS data).  I believe with the technology we have, this could be accomplished although it may require upgrading the speed and processing capabilities of our consoles.  (XBOX 720 anyone?)

2.  When it does get dark, players will need Night Vision Goggles (NVGs) to continue playing.  This would go for darker areas of the map as well like tunnels and dark rooms.

3.  A MARSHALL LAW Campaign where there is an uprising in the United States and Law and Order must be restored.  Gangs, mobs, militia  groups, etc attempt to overthrow the government and there is a war in the streets of America which may even spread globally in order to have maps located across the world.

These are just a few ideas I have at the moment.  Please comment on these ideas and share others you may have which would actually ADVANCE and SEPARATE THE CALL OF DUTY series rather than make them like other competing lines. -[EPIK]RespawnInfinity

• THE FUTURE OF MULTIPLAYER GAMING
    ziLegendary

That is actually a really good idea..

• Re: THE FUTURE OF MULTIPLAYER GAMING

Jeez my idea stolen Q.Q I posted it on Robert Bowling page so he can see it. You basicly got the same idea. I posted it on Robert Bowlings Facebook

http://www.callofduty.com/message/35765#35765

-MisleD-

I posted this idea long ago during a Call of Duty Tournament but don't fret.  Great minds think alike.  :-D  By doing some research, however, this may be too difficult to accomplish at the moment, especially with the processing power of our current consoles.  I don't doubt this idea may have been tossed around quite a bit over recent years. 

If they can make a ship rock like they did in COD4 i think they can put it in. Maybe not in Mw3 because its not enough time but maybe in The next games. So it must be a good idea if you also think similar. Im not saying you stole my idea Im just saying

Good stuff.  The innovation within Infinity Ward has to take the Call of Duty line above and beyond but we can't exactly have our cake and eat it to.  I believe Call of Duty fans would go nuts if a new Call of Duty didn't come out each year therefore the pressure may not allow for drastic changes like these in such a short time; even two years.  I believe it can happen though.  It'd be EPIK (Clan Tag)!

iif0xh0undii

I'm glad you realize the issues stem from aging technology and processing requirements! This would definitely be cool. Next step up from this? Real humans. Gamer anyone?

IRAssault100

I really like this idea, but i would imagine that this would be REALLY REALLY hard to implement. If they can do this i would LOVE to see it, but im not gonna keep my hopes up.

I really like your ideas, man. Hopefully this will catch the right eyes or word of mouth goes to work for future titles. Things like these would bring the games to a whole new, and extremely enjoyable level. I can see the bushwookies drooling at the snowy NY idea already....

....there they are looking like a harmless snowman, corn cob pipe and all. Then I rush by as usual and BOOM, headshot.

magiikzuntamed

MW3 is going 2 be what u said the future of gaming

great ideas but im not sure if they could put that sort of stuff into a game yet well not untill the next gen consoles come out

Great ideas but remember to implement these ideas you need more spce on the disk. then comes the idea of downloading your games from LIVE, PSN or Steam.

maccabi

you know two points,

first this is a discussion thats alot better suited to the off topic forum, you know you can move threads right:P

and secondly i am going to disagree with nearly everything thats been said so far,

technology and technological advances do not make better games, gameplay does.

It doesnt matter how fancy your physics engine is, how cutting edge your graphics are or how much stuff you can pack into a game, if you haven't got the basics down then it will flop regardless.

the games that last dont rely on any additional flair they got the basics right.. counter strike is still the most played pc game online, i personaly still spend hours playing a computer game called elite that was made in the early 80's on computers whose specs arent even probably a 10th of what the most basic mobile phone has.

the problem isnt innovation or technological advances its the fact there seems to be more emphasis on stuffing as many features as you can into something , you strip back all the graphics, killstreaks weapons ect and you have a few game modes that havent changed since the first cod, even kill confirmed and that other one arent new or innovations, yes they are for cod but they are just rip offs of other games online modes.

I actually have to disagree with you.  Do you honestly believe technological advances let's say for instance... THE INTERNET has not made gaming better?  Get real? 

Advancing technology and allowing online gaming to interact with real world GPS data would not enhance gameplay?  Again.  Get real.  Of course it's about the basics but it is also advancing the experience based on sound gaming fundamentals. 

Tell us something we don't already know. 

If you really weren't interested in technological advances you wouldn't have an XBOX 360, internet, or Call of Duty at all.  You'd be sitting in front of your turn knob television with the original Atari screaming "I don't need more than this.  This has all the fundamentals of gaming I need!"

maccabi

RespawnInfinity wrote:

I actually have to disagree with you.  Do you honestly believe technological advances let's say for instance... THE INTERNET has not made gaming better?  Get real? 

You obviously misunderstood my points i didnt mean stuff like the internet i meant in terms of new processors, gpus ect.

RespawnInfinity wrote:

Advancing technology and allowing online gaming to interact with real world GPS data would not enhance gameplay?  Again.  Get real.  Of course it's about the basics but it is also advancing the experience based on sound gaming fundamentals. 

no that is your opinion, mine differs, personaly i couldnt see the point, why go to all that trouble no one would care to most people it would just be the same as playing on a map with weather effects. Even if they did do that at some point in the future no it wouldnt enhance gameplay it would just improve the aesthetics. Your point really only has merit if you are talking about realism , which end of the day is the only thing advances really bring to the table more lifelike graphics ect its flair and function.

RespawnInfinity wrote:

If you really weren't interested in technological advances you wouldn't have an XBOX 360, internet, or Call of Duty at all.  You'd be sitting in front of your turn knob television with the original Atari screaming "I don't need more than this.  This has all the fundamentals of gaming I need!"

Again you're completely missing the point, i can go play counter strike of wolf ET on my pc now and find just as much if not more enjoyment playing those than if i loaded up blackops on my xbox, or loading up a bbc emulator or atari st emulator and playing old skool games as the gameplay basics are all there. a good game is a good game it doesnt need fancy graphics or be filled to the brim of features if it does what its meant too.

anyhoos this really needs to be taken to the ot forum

Thanks for your opinion maccabi.  Always respected here.  Just some thoughts to be tossed around and no great idea went uncriticized.

maccabi

RespawnInfinity wrote:

Thanks for your opinion maccabi.  Always respected here.  Just some thoughts to be tossed around and no great idea went uncriticized.

btw if you goto your original post top righthand menu is the option to move this post, the off topic would be good

but dont get me wrong I do get what your saying and believe me im all for improving the expereince, and think its good when people come up with ideas, but just bear in mind what you consider a good idea doesnt always mean everyone else does,

oh also.. you know your weather idea is actually really old right? its been in games since about 2008  theres a reason it never really caught on

reason being none other than not enough return for their investment, I'm sure. This will most likely change as technology advances, because of the inevitable....people will want too see, and demand, more from games. Seeing the same thing can only take it so far before change has to happen.

Weather has been implemented in some games I've played to such great success and people were so glad for it. Different environments and visuals trigger chemical and emotional responses from people, plain and simple.

At any rate, I wouldn't really be surprised to see something like this happening in the next 5 years. Who cares if it's an old idea? That's the way things work...and eventually those ideas get tossed around enough to actually happen. Whether it does or not, it is exciting to think about what the future of gaming holds!

richandfamas

That sounds awesome! its little things like that that make a game more realistic and fun. GREAT idea!

gallp13

Excellent ideas OP - I want I want I want......I am guessing there are not that many Aussies playing compared to US but an Australian map would be great. Think about it devs....you get to come to Sydney and spend the summer doing research.....great beaches......site seeing

and a wealth of Aussie, boutique and international beers and wines!!!! Just a thought

This is an amazing idea and I'm all for it, but sadly with the lack of time they have to crank out new CoD games each year, I don't think it would be done any time soon. Also when PS3 and Xbox 360 both companies promised not to put out new consoles for a set amount of time( I think it was 10 years). And I think next gen consoles would be required to do this. Granted it's a beautiful idea and I'm all for it.

Stupid

djtn

Your ideas are great but I think it's something Microsoft should offer. Real time data (weather, traffic, search trends, news, etc...) should be available to all developers on the Xbox platform. If used properly- it could keep a game fresh, increase it's longevity and give a game a life of it's own.

Great idea's OP.

the weather idea was implemented into Flight Simulator X if i remember correctly.