20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 7:51 AM by shmeeegul RSS

Please fix the horrendous spawn system

The spawn system really needs revamping in order to make ffa and all other game modes bearable to play.

First, don't spawn me next to claymores.

I don't know how many times I would spawn and two steps from my spawn I would die from a claymore. This is especially pravalent in ffa where no matter where you go, an enemy or piece of equipment is just two feet away from where you spawn. I think that all equipment should all have in their code a radius where you DO NOT spawn in that radius.

Second, spawn players inside of buildings when airsupport is in the air.

This one is pretty self explanitory. Why is it that I am forced to be outside and die from the same controlled kstreak over and over again?

Third, don't spawn me across sightlines where a person in a building has complete advantage over me.

Seriously, I get cheap shotted and the other team get a point because of a a bs spawn. This happens occasionally.

Fourth, don't spawn me in the same spot over and over again..

Yes, I know that the game generally spawns you near you teammates, but it really get annoying when I am spawning in the same spot because someone on my team is camping in a corner and ancoring the spawns. I once played ffa where I died from the same guy THREE times because the game would spawn me in the same spot with my back turned to him every time.

Well, thats all I could really think of.  What are your thoughts on the spawn system and what problems would you like to be fixed?

• Please fix the horrendous spawn system

i feel like the spawn system in CoD games is based around allowing people to get revenge kills. this is stupid. you should never spawn 10 feet from where you died. either that will give you an easy kill or you're just going to end up dying right away all over again.

and apparently the maps are smaller in MW3 so its only gonna get worse...

Tac insert?

• Re: Please fix the horrendous spawn system

I 100% agree with the original post here by sjbluedog24.

I hope they also put some work into preventing spawn-trapping.

Spawning is a pure algorithim. You offer some good examples and I agree on them, but spawning is not easy to pull off and I think the current system is fine. I think as people get more and more familiar with maps, the spawn system seems worse and worse because at the spawn you immediately know where to go to get a revenge kill.

But I don't think the spawns are based off of revenge kills.

raiders11

I don't mind the spawns, however I do not agree with spawn trapping. I may know where the enemy is going to spawn out of common knowledge. I'm not going to camp and wait for them to spawn. <-- this is what they need to fix spawn trapping and spawn killing.

most games have given you a 5-10 second invincibility when you spawn. This may or may not be useful on a small map. Besides that looking back at MW2 painkiller was annoying however did help with spawn killing.

I think Black Ops spawning system is a clean as they come, I hope Infinity Ward paid much attention to what Treyarch did map-wise to create such clean and non b.s spawns

The best would be a real time spawn and path check. So that means that the systems analyzes the where the opponents are and spawns in a secure place so that can't be overrun by a run and gunner. Also they should get rid of squad spawning. It's the cancer of COD. It's too easy getting multikills by a predator or any other air support.

I hate the fact that it spawns near an enemy, and underneath line of fire for airstrieks such as stealth bombers, spawn campers, ect.. This needs to be fixed and will be the downfall of COD if it's not. I know a bunch of people switching to another game that is in the running for stealing COD's title for best game of all time because of the nonsense with the spawn killing.

mickilla

I liked it better in older titles like COD4, when maps had sides to them and you spawned on your side. It wasn't a gauarantee of anything, but it improved the odds that you weren't going to spawn directly into the line of fire. And if the enemy team had invaded your spawn your team would spawn on the opposite side of the map. That system wasn't perfect, but at least it was workable.

But with so many streaks now in effect, a necessary new rule would be that you'll get spawn protection against streaks, just not against enemy players. Maybe this could extend to equipment too, but I wonder if that's a stretch.

any times I would spawn and two steps from my spawn I would die from a claymore. This is especially pravalent in ffa where no matter where you go, an enemy or piece of equipment is just two feet away from where you spawn. I think that all equipment should all have in their code a radius where you DO NOT spawn in that radius.

Second, spawn players inside of buildings when airsupport is in the air.

This one is pretty self explanitory. Why is it that I am forced to be outside and die from the same controlled kstreak over and over again?

Third, don't spawn me across sightlines where a person in a building has complete advantage over me.

Seriously, I get cheap shotted and the other team get a point because of a a bs spawn. This happens occasionally.

Fourth, don't spawn me in the same spot over and over again..

Yes, I know that the game generally spawns you near you teammates, but it really get annoying when I am spawning in the same spot because someone on my team is camping in a corner and ancoring the spawns. I once played ffa where I died from the same guy THREE times because the game would spawn me in the same spot with my back turned to him every time.

Well, thats all I could really think of.  What are your thoughts on the spawn system and what problems would you like to be fixed?

Go play play with guns in RL and come back and complain about your spawn issues.

Bad spawns are cause by bad teams.

I assume you're comparing this to the MW2 gameplay... As you've probably seen in Black Ops, the spawn system has improved a lot.

NOTE: I haven't seen this first-hand.

I've heard people say that Robert Bowling made some tweets saying that the spawn system has been given a major overhaul.

In terms of spawn-trapping, particularly in games like Demolition, the issue really does need to be addressed. Those people who whore their K/Ds by spawn-trapping in objective games really need to be stopped. I say spread the initial team spawns to at least four designated quadrants on the map, with a neutral spawn in the center quadrant. Have only allied teams spawn off of each other if a team is within a certain spawn quadrant, and place spawns in cover while killstreaks are out (this is more of an issue in MW3, as Cold-Blooded has been broken down into two separate perks).

The spawning in this game is absolutely terrible; most of the time you have seconds to move before an enemy comes around the corner and shoots you. This horrendous system of spawning players with enemies, or in front of enemies in most cases, makes me want to stop playing multiplayer entirely. The spawn system in MW2 was ok; compared to MW3 its a freaking gem. What happened??? was the spawning even tested at all prior to shipping the game or was the whole multiplayer rushed out to meet deadline? Bottom line - MW3 Multiplayer is not fun - fix it or risk losing your fanbase forever; sadly you have lost all of my support - it looks like you don't even care about people enjoying the multiplayer experience anymore. That's fine - there are other games out there I can trade in for. I just really wanted to like this game and multiplayer ruined any chance it had.

JGDC74

Yes, the spawning is dreadful. The worst ever.

One FFA game in Fallen, right at the beginning 3 people started right next to each other. I saw someone right in front of me just 1 second after starting, so I tried to shoot them only to be shot in the back by someone who started right behind me! It's BS!

Please sort it out Sledgehammer!

The spawns in Black ops were heaps better than mw3 the fact that you can shoot someone and have them spawn behind you 2 seconds later is messed up. you can still get payback doesnt mean you gotta spawn behind person that shot you. This game was poorly designed for bad players and campers. im strongly considering going back to black ops and writing this game off.