28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 9:57 AM by android_lotus RSS

Refreshed MW2?

I've seen every single video to do with MW3 and to me it just looks like MW2 with new maps and guns. Don't give me the "Don't like it? Don't buy it!" explaination because this is just a question. With every Cod there use to be a new "feel" to it, something that made the game fresh. MW3 is just not as appealing.

Your thoughts... ?

• Refreshed MW2?

Same thoughts...For me it just looks like MW2.5. Some new guns & maps, and ready is a "new" game, which could have been done with map & gun packs for MW2.

• Refreshed MW2?
    unimatrix1of3

Because its following on from MW2's campaign storyline I'd expect the same sort of feel to the game. Quite looking forward to it actually being as MW and MW2 were quite entertaining.

• Refreshed MW2?
      yodagamer

It is actually an upgraded engine. New lighting effects, its a lot more clear. It is just not the huge change that mw2 had from mw. But it really is an upgraded engine. Watch mw2 vids, then watch mw3 vids. They are also probably pushing the old engine as far as they can. And if that is so, they are probably going to switch to a newer quake engine. If you think about it, mw3 is a huge upgrade from the black ops engine.

• Refreshed MW2?

Considering it's the 3rd game in the MW series I'd fully expect it to feel/look very similar. To me I can genuinely say it looks better IMO.

People call for drastic changes, others say COD4 was perfect and only a few things need changed. If MW did remain as COD4 with new maps/guns people would be complaining that it feels the same.

It's the 3rd installment, in MP I'm looking forward to the greater focus on gun vs gun action (COD4 style) with the inclusion of MW2 killstreaks. In theory, I like the changes that we're so far aware off.

• Refreshed MW2?

cobezy wrote:

Considering it's the 3rd game in the MW series I'd fully expect it to feel/look very similar. To me I can genuinely say it looks better IMO.

People call for drastic changes, others say COD4 was perfect and only a few things need changed. If MW did remain as COD4 with new maps/guns people would be complaining that it feels the same.

It's the 3rd installment, in MP I'm looking forward to the greater focus on gun vs gun action (COD4 style) with the inclusion of MW2 killstreaks. In theory, I like the changes that we're so far aware off.

That sounds spot on, If mw2 was cod4 with little changes people would have been turned off by it. Like cobezy i also like how mw3 is coming out. Cod4 gun vs gun action with mw2 killstreaks and more!

• Refreshed MW2?

After the 1 month I played on Black Ops, I extremely dissapointed with the graphics, sound, connectivity issues, etc....I went back to MW2 and haven't went back.  I love the smooth gameplay that MW2 offered.  The sounds were overwhelming, the hit detection was superior, and the overall enjoyment was superior.  If people want to say MW3 is MW2.5, so be it.  I will put 50 plus daysof online play in it just like I have until MW4 comes out.  I enjoy the IW graphics, sounds, and gameplay. Failarch needs to focus on Zombies only.  Does IW need to update the graphics engine, possibly.  But IMOH, I could care less.  From what I have seen, MW3 will be far superior to MW2 in many ways....New game modes, Spec Ops Survival (I'll spend many days playing this mode with all my friends), new attachments, etc...  If it itsn't, I'll be playing MW2 again...

• Refreshed MW2?
      bawi

I played BO up till my tenth prestige before thinking: "Jesus, I can't take much more of this." Went back to MW2, and haven't went back (like others have said). The game just plays better.

I fully concede that it has it's problems, but at some point I was much more willing to deal with a few problems to get Reliable Shotguns, better Hit Detection, better Connectivity,  better Host Migrations, Reliable Snipers (I hate QSing, but it's a small price to pay at this point).

To put it simply, i've had more fun losing matches on MW2 than I have winning matches on BO.

If it's simply nothing more than an updated MW2, i'll be quite okay with that at this point.

• Refreshed MW2?
        esmorgue

Agreed. I stopped playing Black ops earlier this year when they patched MW2. I only have 16 days + on Black Ops. I added at least 12 more onto MW2 to give me around 53.

• Refreshed MW2?

I think that new "feel" you're talking about won't be exactly felt until playing the actually game. Watching videos and trailers only go so far.

• Refreshed MW2?
      yodagamer

And the trailers they show are horrible compared to the mw2 ones! They need to market the game better, and show off what they improved on! They also need a good eminem trailer lol. But the Infamy trailer and eminem till i collapse trailer for mw2 are still my favorite trailers ever. Hopefully mw3 will have just as good trailers when it gets closer to launch!

The graphics seem more crisp to me.

• Refreshed MW2?
        xegxtremechaos1cl

Thats because black ops is a reskin of all other COD games.. 

Infinity Ward has always set the standards for Call of duty, and treyarch just copies what works.. which is ok i guess...

cant wait for an entire new FPS experience in the call of duty game itself...

MW3 will give us many hours of gaming with the fresh feel we look for..   however, i think that most gamers now are looking for something "NEW"...      maybe in 2013 we will get that..

• Refreshed MW2?

It does look like MW2 but that is because the Engine is not overally new, IW update the engine with a few tweeks, but then its still better looking than anything Treyarch make

• Refreshed MW2?

CoD 4 looked and ran better than Black Ops on PS3... I'd say that's pretty embarrassing.

• Refreshed MW2?
        esmorgue

It past embarrasing. Its on the path to pure deception.

• Refreshed MW2?

If MW3 turns out to be inferior (at least noticeably) on PS3 I doubt 402 will be worrying about keeping his job - Josh Olin proved it's perfectly acceptable to lie to an entire section of your fanbase without any repercussions.

Were it not for RobsStang, we wouldn't even have found out the "PS3 Lead" on Black Ops was apparently fired for his incompetence. It's all about information control and minimizing the damage.

• Refreshed MW2?
            esmorgue

I can say thank you to Stang. At least 402 came out way ahead of time and started talking about the game before Treyarch did. I really do not remember too much being released about Black Ops other than the hr long video of the Famas being used by that get that was waxing everyone.

• Refreshed MW2?
      esmorgue

I agree. I dont care that its still MW, that why it called MW3. Not Black Ops Warfare, It is part of a trilogy. There aren't supposed to be ray guns, halo crap going on. Let it be and enjoy or not.

• Refreshed MW2?

What if IW/Sledgehammer games decided to change the HUD, font, layout, etc. of the game...there a new game.

• Refreshed MW2?

What do you expect? It's a sequel.

It would be strange if it had new textures, and a whole new way of graphics.

Still there are shitloads of things that make it a new game, and not just a expansion pack.

• New animations
    • Advanced graphics
    • Smoother gameplay
    • New features
    • New unlocking system
    • New killstreak system
    • New maps   
    • New guns
    • New factions
    • New sounds
    • Custom games

And I can go on.

Yes it looks like MW2, but I guess this game is going to be so much better than MW2.

• Re: Refreshed MW2?
    mralpharogue

Here is a question to counter your question.

Why change the mechanics of something that works?

If you build a working bicycle, why try to change the basic, working mechanics on it?

• Refreshed MW2?

You guys really have to look at the benefits you get because of the re-used engine. And it's not compleatley the same, they updated the lighting, shading, and frame-rate. MW3 looks not all that much different, but I can certainly tell it's a lot more crisp. Plus, there was nothing wrong with the MW2 engine anyway.

Now instead of IW/SH spending their time on a different engine they were able to focus more on the game itself. We have 16 maps at launch guys....16!. All playable with Spec Ops survival, that's a lot of hours. Also look at Multi-player, they added tons of stuff, a completely new system, more guns, more upgrades. split-screen online, file share. They implemented elite into it, also we have cool private match customizations, a huge a single player with 25 movies worth of dialog. Theater mode is back and improved. And they even cut down the bandwidth requirment, and added local search to matchmaking. They put their energy in the game, and backed with a smooth ass engine will be just awesome. I don't know why anyone is complaining. I guess graphics is the new basis for video games and not gameplay.

I can't wait, I think MW3 will be the best COD to date.

• Refreshed MW2?
        mralpharogue

You, my friend, are wonderful.

I second all that you have said.

• Refreshed MW2?
        esmorgue

I do not understand the fascination with newer graphics myself. I mean do these people have something that goes beyond 1080p or 3D. Are they some super race of people new to the CoD experience that want to use their new technology on our inferior game consoles?

• Refreshed MW2?

Jesus, if I had a penny for every time I've heard MW3 is exactly like MW2, I'd have enough money to buy every one of those guys a copy of the game

• Refreshed MW2?

To me it doesn't matter, if it is a mw2.5 ill take it because its more polished and because i  love mw and mw2 it was actually fun and long lasting and im sure this will do the same as the the other mw games which is long life in the multiplayer.

• Refreshed MW2?

To me, it looks like cod 4(Which to me the best MW) but better because they have both mw and mw2's guns combined and it looks more fast-paced, crisp, and clearer. MW3 is going to be the FPS game of the year.