• The Offical Quick Scope Poll

Quick Scoping is a polarizing topic for people. Call of Duty has many such topics. Drop Shot. Second Chance/Last Stand. RC-XD. Stopping Power. Juggernaut. Death Streaks. One Many Army. Danger Close. The list goes on a...
    created by vahn
  • Unofficial Knife Feedback Thread

My Twitter timeline is blowing up with commentary about the knife as a melee weapon and how being killed with it can be fustrating to players. We've thought about and discussed ALL of these and several others:   ...
    created by vahn
  • Unofficial Feedback Thread

No. You can't have my email. Sorry. I can barely keep track of the hundreds of emails I get everyday.   This is why we have forums. Dozens of ideas were directly or loosely inspired by message board posters. For...
    created by vahn
  • Sniper Updates? - Probably, but read this first

Hello- I'm just going to be honest with you. I don't like talking about the Snipers rifles and what we are going to do or not do. You see, for every reasonable person wishing to engage in a civil dialog, I get ...
    created by vahn
  • Official Spawning Thread - How to help

I am back in town and trying to get to the bottom of the spawning issues. Let me explain how spawning generally works. The spawn system is trying to pick the best spawn from all the available spots. Each spawn has ...
    created by vahn
  • Perks, min. number requirement?

One recent post I read through was asking for six(!) perks to be removed. From World at War or MW2, which Perks must stay and which must go? [If you are not sure what these do, please Google them before commenting....
    created by vahn
  • Hardcore Category Players - Read this

If you don't play the Hardcore variant of the game, this thread is not for you. I am setting up the Hardcore playlists today. The base version. Call it version 0.1 and remember that we can change playlists all day ...
    created by vahn
  • Transparency and why it is hard to give (Hint: Not a lack of desire.)

Hi,   Many folks have recently asked if we (or I) would comment on the suggestions given so far in the UNOFFICIAL FEEDBACK threads we started recently.   Let me tell why you why this is difficult to do: &n...
    created by vahn
  • This is a test discussion. Ignore.

I am testing. Ignore me.
    created by vahn
  • Off Topic - Test Post

Just a test post.
    created by vahn
  • Express; DLC Moshpit; Hardcore DLC Moshpit

Hello- I am working on the following updates for the next major Playlist revision and need some feedback. =====Express===== 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No...
    created by vahn
  • Theater - and when it doesn't record games

Hello, We have recently been getting an influx of reports from people that some games are not being recorded and made available in Recent Games. This isn't new in any way, shape, or form. Really long games (wher...
    created by vahn
  • #hcflags and #hcbombs - adding more HC game mode variants

Hello, So I was having this conversation with the Hardcore sub-community (special interest group!) before PSN went down and totally mucked up our schedules about adding some more hardcore game modes variants. No...
    created by vahn
  • Prestige Unlocks

As many of you may recall, in World at War we added unlocks to the Prestige ranking. That is to say, as you reach certain levels of Prestige, we unlocked more Create a Class "slots" for you. This was in addition t...
    created by vahn
  • 2nd Chance - Tuning Considerations

Hello- The topic of 2nd chance is too large to stuff in a general game-play thread. So here we go. This thread will only be open about 48 hours so get involved while it lasts. I've looked into this as requested....
    created by vahn
  • "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion

Hello, Last weekend I attended my first MLG Pro Series event in Dallas, Texas. At that event, and via Twitter, many MLG players asked me about the possibility of an MLG playlist. I've been thinking about what th...
    created by vahn
  • Swiming with Sharks. Chaos/Fun vs Competition/Balance

I don’t know that much about the MLG. I am just being honest. I’ve never competed in an MLG event. I am not a member of GAMEBATTLES. As I write this, I am on an airplane hea...
    created by vahn
  • Understanding Profanity Filters with Dr. Strangelove

Understanding Profanity Filters. Or: Why I can't name my class ***ault! All console manufactures have requirements (known as Technical Requirements, Requirements Checklists, check lot, and other names) in order to ...
    created by vahn
  • How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love the Bomb

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb And by the bomb, I mean YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and the Forums. When we created the Theater features for Call of Duty: Black Ops we knew what we were getting ...
    created by vahn
  • Mercenary Playlist

We are considering changing the "Mercenary" playlist to be "Mercanary Moshpit." It was requested today that we make a "Mercenary Domination." Domination is the most popular objective game modes, but some modes are ...
    created by vahn