1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2009 1:19 AM by Dale08 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    Drmoopinpookie

jessica101 wrote:

Guys, if playing is an issue with your girlfriend there's several ways to remedy it.

Try: 

1)  Suggesting she has a go at playing codwaw herself

2)  Ask her to help you by pointing out when she sees the enemy (irritating but it'll make her feel involved)

3)  Spend plenty of time with her before playing

4)  Get her a ps3, ds, or some other hobby she can do while you play

5)  Mention it's better than going down the pub with your mates all the time

6)  Buy her flowers, chololates or jewellery as a 'thank you' for being so understanding and letting you play

7)  Remember to 'ask' her if it's ok if you play, it'll make her feel great and if combined with 1) 3) or 6) is bound to get a positive answer

8)  Tell her how great she is for understanding you need to relax by playing

Hope the tips help

This guys is 100% right people.  Check it out back when halo 1 was all the rage and all i played i met my girl.  I played halo NONSTOP, halo 2 came and i played it all day online like a religion, and the same girl was with me.  She started complaining "ALL YOU DO IS PLAY HALO BLAH BLAH WHA WHA WHA" so i simply said here sit down and help me.  When you see an enemy point them out to me, same with grenades.  Then after awhile she would be like oh thats easy i can do that and take the controller and play some.  i would just sit back and watch (she got pissed if i tried to help go figure =P).  Now here i am over 4 years with this same girl and every day i play codww, often while she is here, but she plays often too.  granted not as often as i but she is happy to get on average 10-20 rounds when shes here.  i dont mind it keeps her happy, and i have to say she can be pretty dam good if shes not on a team of noobs.  i have seen her many games end 20-5 or something of the like.  she also plays everquest with me on the computer (not very often any more 5 years of that gets old) and she played halo 2 and halo 3 online (SHE OWNED ME AT HALO 3 SHE WAS INSANE).  I say DEFINATLY have your girl play some matches, heck even go as far to beat the coop campaign with her, making sure she gets some kills to now!  Anyways hope this helps to "bold" his post and support it some guys, dont lose your girl over a game, show her into our world and let her enjoy it!
  • 61. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    Axikal

zap_brannigan wrote:

ELPINCHELOCO wrote:

Its official, I have lost my girlfriend due to this game! I thought it would have been a harder choice! Has anyone else lost a relationship over COD?

won't get much of a response in here, as most of these weirdo's wouldn't have a snowflakes hope in hell getting a girlfiend, let along keeping her.

(im an exception - happily married with a top girl who tolerates my gaming but hates it when i shoot the dogs on waw. how sweet)

Wrongo. I have a fantastic woman who only hates it when I game so much that we don't get a chance to talk.

To the TC: Sorry bro. Maybe you should get off the game for awhile? By "maybe" I mean "Get the f--- off you idiot."
  • 62. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    makasi
    If you are losing "tail" because you can't put the controller down, then you need professional help. There is a way to get both. Figure it out.
  • 63. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    If I lost my girlfriend I think my wife would be upset over the fact that I had one
  • 64. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    Haven't lost my woman yet.  I think I'm on the verge of mastering the art of "the best of both worlds".  For me, the key is throw your woman a bone every once in a while.  Make diner or spend some time with her an hour or two before you engage in battle.  A simple formula works for me:  COD5 WaW = 60%, woman = 40%.  The key is to make her feel like 60%+.
  • 65. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    HaydnExport

Moniko wrote:

ELPINCHELOCO wrote:

Its official, I have lost my girlfriend due to this game! I thought it would have been a harder choice! Has anyone else lost a relationship over COD?

I couldn't be so lucky!

I'd finaly have an excuse to not play the game and go out and chase tail again!

Amen to that!!
  • 66. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    UhOhBadDog
    Yep, I sure did lose my girlfriend!  But my wife didn't seem to be too upset about it...

But seriously, the better half does get testy when I marathon play, or don't come to bed at a "reasonable" hour, etc.  Honestly, she's not far off from reality though.  Provides a good checkpoint for me, and to all of the wise suggestions about taking care of your girl, involving her in the process of play, you all are spot-on.  She's got to believe (and this really should be true) that she (along with the kids, dog, et al) is more important than the game.  And with all of this brilliant insight, if you do still lose her, you weren't ready to have her!

Play on!
  • 67. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    X-FACTR
    lol, classic

I have the opposite problem my girl plays all the time and i dont get to play, but she never gives me the stinky eye when i play for a while so i dont say anything.
  • 68. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    nurfman
    I have a theory about wives/gf and video games. Wives have happiness detectors and when they sense your happy ie a few rounds of W@W then they must get the vacuum out or ask you to do something.lol
    women are only happy when your not.
    My advice to the younger guys with girlfriends is dont marry and if your gf is giving you grief already (means shes a ballbreaker) and will she get better no she will make your life miserable. Word on the street is the PS3 will be releasing girlfriend 1.0 which runs off your USB and possibly next summer the Dualshock gf1.1
  • 69. Re: Has anyone lost thier Girlfriend Yet?
    Trimble_007
    No i havnt lost my girlfriend over cod but my girl friend plays with me we both have a ps3 and we both play online. Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck.
1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next