1 2 3 Previous Next 83 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2009 4:12 AM by SHADOWLINK3880 RSS

Should Xbox Live be free?

GroovyG0D
Fellow COD fans love to play CODWaW online without having to pay? Well guess what we can make this happen if we all gather together and prove to the Microsoft community that they have enough money, and they have no right to charge us to play online. I mean what do they have to lose by letting us play games online. By not letting us play for free they are just losing customers. I don't really care about paying for anything else, but Xbox Live. I bought 1 month live then i wanted to remove my subscription but where am I able to find a cancel button? This is a scam and I want you to rejoice with me join forces and vote on:
Yes we should pay for Xbox Live
and
No we shouldn't pay for Xbox Live

After the 18th next month if i have votes i will send this as a link to Microsoft and there is a chance of playing free Xbox live
Thank You for your cooperation,
regards,
GroovyG0D
  • 1. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    simonm
    Microsoft are likely to point and laugh at your petition , nothing you say or do will stop a massive company like microsoft from making money.

but hey , you got my vote !
  • 2. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    Latrom
    Of course they have a right to charge us. They're online service is the best becaue we pay for our subscription. I'm not willing to jeopardize a flourishing community for free online. Seriously, 50 bucks is child's play for a year's worth of gold.
  • 3. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    Since the old XBOX I play "LIVE" as it started in Europe, and now, with the 360, it is much more comfortable and reable as it was before. For me it is a payment of 3.-!!Euro per month ( I get the 12+1 CodeCard from a very good retailer)and it is full woth og it.
    I play also online with PSN since the PS2 and "KillZone" and I can tell you that playing online with LIVE is much more comfortable as it is with PSN. Here you have to pay for nothing, but, you really get nothing but the abillity to use the PSN and a nifty little PSN-Store where to go "shopping" is not as comfortable as it is at the "Market Place" in LIVE.
    So for me, I can say: I pay for it. 

:tankguy:        :clan:          :tankguy:
  • 4. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    Yes, it should be free, or they should have dedicated servers rather than make people pay money for peer-to-peer play which always gives an edge to the host player. This article basically covers it all:

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1967/AN-INCONVENIENT-TRUTH/p1

Obviously they added the party system since this was written though, so you could make a case for paying.
  • 5. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    scottybhoy93
    I say that instead of trying stop paying for Xbox live, we should try to get them to invest in a extremely efficient server that reacts quickly to glitches, unauthorised modification of the game & keep minimal lag!
  • 6. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?

scottybhoy93 wrote:

I say that instead of trying stop paying for Xbox live, we should try to get them to invest in a extremely efficient server that reacts quickly to glitches, unauthorised modification of the game & keep minimal lag!

Yeah. This would be a much more constructive and reasonable petition.
  • 7. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    Liam The Moose
    no you get what u pay for..

and who cant afford 80 bucks a year?
  • 8. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    GroovyG0D
    Well I feel embarrassed really because i was actually hoping for people to agree with me oh well it was worth a try. Like in Cod fail a challenge? don't stop trying as i got something I thought impossible by trying. All your arguments are great. O yea and also how many CoD fans are there? I think around 2 million to play online they would pay 10bucks a month which would give xbox live 20million dollars per month and what do they do with this amount of money? Ask you self that question as well.
  • 9. Re: Should Xbox Live be free?
    lmao

Microsoft and free are two words that can never be used in the same sentence
1 2 3 Previous Next