1 2 3 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2009 9:52 AM by RAAMmstein RSS

Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!

Seal Clubber
I'm SO sick of hearing people brag, "I'm like 10th in THE WORLD in this game mode!" because I've heard it so many times over XBL from different retards, lol.

It doesn't mean anything. It goes by total kills and total score, not a ratio of skill, like K/D ratio, win/loss ratio, etc.. So, the people at the top are honestly usually just people that live on the game, playing it non-stop... Granted, the really, really good players will stay up there too, and you can tell the difference somewhat, if somebody is high up on the list with like 30+ days of playtime, whereas good players have a very high rank with much less playtime.

Tonight, I pointed this out to a guy and he got so mad at me, he started yelling at me that I didn't understand anything, and then after the match, he backed out!

Is there anyone here who is really this stupid to brag about your online rank? What do you guys think?
  • 1. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    bluboy35
    I have heard people in lobbies bragging how good they are,then when the game starts and their getting their ass handed to them they suddenly leave the game.For me when i am having a bad run i will take it like a man,not quit every time i am going negative...PEACE...
  • 2. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    RazzLee
    I used to be in the top 500 in the world for Hexic HD. I used to gt ALL the ladies. Now I'm merely in the top 800 and all I get are ALL the trannies.
  • 3. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    owenmurray

Seal Clubber wrote:

I'm SO sick of hearing people brag, "I'm like 10th in THE WORLD in this game mode!" because I've heard it so many times over XBL from different retards, lol.

It doesn't mean anything. It goes by total kills and total score, not a ratio of skill, like K/D ratio, win/loss ratio, etc.. So, the people at the top are honestly usually just people that live on the game, playing it non-stop... Granted, the really, really good players will stay up there too, and you can tell the difference somewhat, if somebody is high up on the list with like 30+ days of playtime, whereas good players have a very high rank with much less playtime.

Tonight, I pointed this out to a guy and he got so mad at me, he started yelling at me that I didn't understand anything, and then after the match, he backed out!

Is there anyone here who is really this stupid to brag about your online rank? What do you guys think?

if i had made my way upto the top 50 for any game mode with 30+ days of gameplay and you said no youve played it too long your not any gd etc im pretty sure i would be mad too. just because the time they have played it doesnt mean they arent good ................
  • 4. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    TruStory187
    To say it means NOTHING ain't right! And just because you destroy someone in the top 100 doesn't make you "better"! Some days I win 10 in a row, then I lose 3 in a row by some chump who has a w/l ratio of 0.3

But still, I feel better after winning from someone who's higher ranked then me. That only counts on playing ffa!

2 days ago I remember there was someone from number 22 or 25 in my ffa games, he didn't do jack! I won both matches and the third match all of a sudden he ran away like a chicken! Sad thing is that his w/l ratio was +3. YEAH RIGHT!
  • 5. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!

bluboy35 wrote:

I have heard people in lobbies bragging how good they are,then when the game starts and their getting their ass handed to them they suddenly leave the game.For me when i am having a bad run i will take it like a man,not quit every time i am going negative...PEACE...

Right. I stay in the game, even if I'm doing bad. The only way I leave is because of bad lag. I love to see these guys with their K/D ratio in their clan tag, always 2+. And, as soon as they start doing bad, they mysteriously time out of the game.
  • 6. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    Shinji Ex
    your only complaining because you have a low rank an you know it's going to take you awhile to get up there. ranks are a nice motivation for competitiveness yes but as always try to have fun as well an don't make it your only goal in life (points at the Halo 3 community lol)
  • 7. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    neverletmedie
    i would say the only rank where it means anything is zombies...the other is just how much you play
  • 8. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    Ninjalada
    I have had a look at the leaderboards and the top 5 or so people have like 50000 wins and K/D ratios of like 23003027: 1. Me suspects they cheat.
  • 9. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    spudzz20

neverletmedie wrote:

i would say the only rank where it means anything is zombies...the other is just how much you play

Have you even looked at the zombie ranks,"CHEATERS"
1 2 3 Previous Next