1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2009 9:52 AM by RAAMmstein Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    knightmare699
    but you have to think if there is two 10th Pres one with 20 days of play and the other with 15 days of play.it does  not matter there time because the one with 20 days of play could have gottin to 10th pres in the same amount of time, but he has just been playing longer than the other guy which also means he just might be more skilled than the other player. also it all depends on what game type they play. if you play team death match all the time you will rank up alot slower than if you played search and destroy all the time.
  • 31. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    reformedplayer
    its like this what do you play the game for?  I play for the fun of it and entertainment I also made a concious effort to get high on the kills list..... with that being said I beleive I am above average at this game.

    what kills me is those people that all they care about is KDR and try like hell to keep it at a certain level..

    if you have to dashboard to keep you KDR high you are not as good of a player as you think you are.  the same goes for W/L ratio...

    I've said it a million times kills is the one stat you can't fake or alter...
  • 32. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!

    reformedplayer wrote:

     

    its like this what do you play the game for?  I play for the fun of it and entertainment I also made a concious effort to get high on the kills list..... with that being said I beleive I am above average at this game.

    what kills me is those people that all they care about is KDR and try like hell to keep it at a certain level..

    if you have to dashboard to keep you KDR high you are not as good of a player as you think you are.  the same goes for W/L ratio...

    I've said it a million times kills is the one stat you can't fake or alter...



    Well actually U CAN fake and alter kills by dashboarding? All stats are subject to people molding them if they are THAT obsessed with a stat. I actually like seeing the +3 kdr see hes outgunned and back out cause he doesnt want to lose it.

    If you honestly achieved rank great if ya faked it..........your gameplay will reflect it
  • 33. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    Its pretty clear that rank does mean something: THe ranking in COD W@W is a measure of a players Experience (XP). THis has very little to do with a players true skill ability.

    However, its clear that a player who is a 7th prestige is going to have a better understanding of game types and maps than someone who is only on their 2nd prestige. While the 7th prestige player may not be "better" than the 2nd prestige. He will probably be more aware of locations where enemy players will be hiding, camping, or controlling on the various maps.

    Similarly, I can usually assume that a 5th prestige knows how to kill a zombie with a weapon versus a private who just started playing the game.
  • 34. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    CodFan008
    VERY INTERESTING POST really, i hate this aswell people are allways bragging about that and i had the leader and all of the members of KwH SUPPOSED to be one of the best clans in the world and i always got messages from them saying 'can you help me search and destroy boost?' i NEVER reply.I Hope they get banned someday.

    Ok and now more about this post, well i have 30342 kills and about 15932 deaths and my K/D is 1:87 and i'm only 8 prestige only reached 65 last night! and when i look at the leaderboards (kills) im no were near the top then see my 10th prestige friends and there deaths is more than there kills! i always wonder how they get to 10th prestige so fast...

    and yeah it wasn't much about the post i just wanted to say that because it always annoys me.
  • 35. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    bigdub1983
    online rank does mean something. it is hard to judge talent because of time played thats why you should only rank up if your team wins. if you lose you can't rank up. you still keep your kd and all that jazz but your game rank doesn't go up. that would determine skill from campers
  • 36. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!

    TruStory187 wrote:

     

    To say it means NOTHING ain't right! And just because you destroy someone in the top 100 doesn't make you "better"! Some days I win 10 in a row, then I lose 3 in a row by some chump who has a w/l ratio of 0.3

    But still, I feel better after winning from someone who's higher ranked then me. That only counts on playing ffa!

    2 days ago I remember there was someone from number 22 or 25 in my ffa games, he didn't do jack! I won both matches and the third match all of a sudden he ran away like a chicken! Sad thing is that his w/l ratio was +3. YEAH RIGHT!



    Nah technically it only counts on play 1-on-1 with zero outside aid. I remember playing this guy who just thought he was sooo good in COD4. He would be on top of his team in every game we'd play and he would go back to the lobby and talk smack. Then he had the audacity to challenge anybody 1-1, so I accepted. Lets just say over the course of the match he started out sniping, went to using the AK47, switched to the MP5, then the M16. Then the noob quits early and sends me a message about how I was hacking the game. I was using an AK silenced, jammer, deep impact.

    Moral of the story, people look good on all team based and even ffa gametypes because they have a lot of people who aren't so skilled in the game there to boost stats and kills off of.
  • 37. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!

    bigdub1983 wrote:

     

    online rank does mean something. it is hard to judge talent because of time played thats why you should only rank up if your team wins. if you lose you can't rank up. you still keep your kd and all that jazz but your game rank doesn't go up. that would determine skill from campers



    I agree somewhat. I think they should eliminate the match bonus from the losing team and give all of that to the winning team. They should also incorporate a exp deduction penalty for quitting the game early in a team based game.
  • 38. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    Yeah, there is way too much quiting. I understand people need to leave sometimes, but I hate when the host leaves and the game just ends right in the middle.
  • 39. Re: Online rank MEANS NOTHING!! You hear me?! NOTHING!!
    secondhand smoke

    flinty wrote:

     

    Adrenaline wrote:

     

    I never brag about my RED STAR. My RED STAR is something I worked hard to get, and put in alot of service to get. If you are not going to Prestege then don't but us RED STARS will tell you that you are only ranked as a reserve. Its funny how you started a thread about gamerz ribbing and you throw it right back out there with a thread. 2 wronges don't make a right. If you say crap to a RED STAR then we will say crap back so don't ask for it. As for the 4 white stars congrats Im sure it took you a long time and alot of service to get them I hope you enjoy being a reserve and when your ready for full time service good luck on getting to the top and receiving your RED STAR......Don't diss the RED STAR we are the top of the list. prestege complete..U LIKE MY RED STAR & U KNOW IT, U KNOW U WANT IT...come on, it isn't that hard, you are whining about it and you never even tried it.....Try it U might like it..Join the top and become a RED STAR


    erm do you know how Gay that sounds.....next you'll be showing us your rusty sheriffs badge?!?!? lol



    i think you meant his ruby RED STAR fruit