1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 10:43 AM by dpowell1023 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Report spawning issues here
    pavemen
    its usually tolerable, occasionally bad

i only play hardcore TDM

i do not have any map packs, so its all of the original ones

my one suggestions for a sure is to give the spawning person a 2-3 second buffer before becoming capable of receiving or causing damage. this would basically allow the person to move out of harms way or at least get semi oriented about the current situation they are in and act accordingly. the person would be visible (partially transparent or something) so the enemy can see the person but not damage them immediately. i think that 2-3 seconds would be long enough to overcome most lag situations
  • 21. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Kendokill
    1.) It's sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'd say it's about 65% good. I actually wouldn't mind too much if I had to spawn further away from the action. Seems more realistic anyways, and keeps good lines of defense/offense a bit more realistic than having reinforcments just show up within the action. What we have now seems more geared for those that run and gun.

2.) HC TDM w/ the occasional S&D match.

3.) Courtyard specifically is really bad about spawning me in the line of fire, within an artillery strike, 2 steps away from betties (happened 2 nights ago several times), or right in front of the enemy already unloading his STG on someone else. My k/d ratio has taken quite a dump from this map alone and its respawning issues.

Multiple times recently, I've spawned on several maps, and even before I could take 1 step I was dead. The other night in sub-pens, me and an opponent spawned right next to each other! He killed me immediatley while I was still a bit shocked at what just happened (granted that was the first time that has ever happened to me, it still sucked). Another time at sub-pens I had 3 enemy spawn right in front of me. That wasn't pretty. 2 nights ago at the Airfield, I threw a spam molotav cocktail and saw an enemy appear right under it and was killed immediatley. It felt good to me as he was just some MP40 user, but still that had to have sucked for him to spawn right under a giant flaming bottle that landed on his head and killed him .02 seconds after he spawned.

I had a problem spawning in the same section of Banzai the day it was released, right in front of a camper. I died 3 times in a row from the same guy, and there was nowhere for me to go accept down to the ground to suck some dirt.

4.)I think it's safe to say that people generally want the ability to join the action after spawning. It's significantly harder to do so when you're constantly dieing 2 seconds after spawning.
  • 22. Re: Report spawning issues here
    adgregory

JD_2020 wrote:

Hi everyone,

As you know, the spawn system is a very tricky puzzle. It would be easy to just spawn you the furthest possible spot away from enemies every time, but you'd be surprised at how boring that can make the gameplay (when you run for 15 seconds before finding an enemy). That's why we don't just do the "simple" solution many have proposed.

Instead, we feel the spawn system has been drastically improved. We do see some reports still, however, of bad spawns. This thread is meant to try to track some of these reports down.

It is easy to forget all the good experiences, and only have the bad ones stick out in your mind - so please try and be as objective as possible here. We know that bad spawns can happen from time to time. But if it is once or twice every other game and that's it, that isn't as big of an epidemic as some people imply with their posts.

So please answer the following questions:

1] What is your overall sense of the spawn system? Mostly pretty good? Sometimes good? Usually bad?
    2] Which game modes do you usually play?
    3] If you feel the spawns are usually bad, what game mode and maps do you notice this with specifically?
    4] What about "spawns" is bad? Spawning in front of an enemy? Spawning in front of a dog? Spawning into artillery?

Thanks!
    -JD

on the whole its really good now but i find that on castle i spawn infront of enemies and dogs, one one game earlier as i spawned a dog was in mid air and i died, less than a second after i spawned. i only play TDM (core) and its only castle that ive noticed it on, i dont know if any of the other guys/girls have noticed anything on castle though.

Adam
  • 23. Re: Report spawning issues here
    moho-fo

Kendokill wrote:

1.) It's sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'd say it's about 65% good. I actually wouldn't mind too much if I had to spawn further away from the action. Seems more realistic anyways, and keeps good lines of defense/offense a bit more realistic than having reinforcments just show up within the action. What we have now seems more geared for those that run and gun.

Kendo is right you in a battle royal and most of both sides are killed each player on both sides is grabing a little cover reloading and getting their health back you get up to make that final push and you have 4 enemy players looking at you because they just spawned there.
  • 24. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Erfan9
    1] Sometimes good
    2] Capture the Flag
    3] Dome and Castle
    4] Spawning in front of an enemy, Spawning in front of a dog, Spawning into artillery
  • 25. Re: Report spawning issues here
    moho-fo
    okay, i played four map pack matches in hardcore tdm, paying close attention to the spawning

- we did not get dogs called on us so i can't speak on that

1- the first match was sub pens. i was spawned into artillery once. i was spawned only a few feet from campers (not in line of sight but only a few feet away). i spawned with an enemy in my line of sight twice.

2- the next match was corrosion. i had similar problems as sub pens. there were good spawns and then there were bad spawns. the enemy got wiped out and then spawned directly behind my team twice (we had radar on and saw the little red dots appear right next to us after we killed them all)

3- on banzai the spawning was quite bad. the enemy spawned behind us again. i spawned only to have an enemy immediately run up on me twice (in caves).

4 - the last match was on sub pens and that was the worst of all. i spawned with enemies in my sights countless times.
  • 26. Re: Report spawning issues here
    i.shaun
    I've been in free for all for a while doing expert challenges and while I sometimes spawn with someone looking at me, or someone coming around the corner -- my biggest problem is people spawning behind me.

I can look around, check my 6, nobody is there, and the second I turn my back an mp-40 drops me in 2 hits. It kind of makes my skill and ability to watch my back pointless. I like to be aware of my surroundings but it's impossible to tell, and in a free for all it can be someone I just sniped who spawns behind me for an easy kill.

I'd offer a suggestion for that but I don't really know what can be done. It's a free for all, people have to spawn somewhere.
  • 27. Re: Report spawning issues here
    HaydnExport
    WTF?  I posted in this thread about makin and cliffside spawning but it's disappeared?
  • 28. Re: Report spawning issues here
    JGrimes

HaydnExport wrote:

WTF?  I posted in this thread about makin and cliffside spawning but it's disappeared?

probably didn't want to hear/see the truth about the crappy spawns, so it was deleted.

JGrimes
  • 29. Re: Report spawning issues here
    Kendokill

JGrimes wrote:

HaydnExport wrote:

probably didn't want to hear/see the truth about the crappy spawns, so it was deleted.

JGrimes

JGrimes, no need to be a negative nancy. This thread is here so that the developers can here the problems we are having.
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next