4 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2010 7:15 PM by getgo RSS

C.O.D. World of War WON'T START

Sonny67
I have a wierd problem. Everything seems to work the way it should when trying to start the game for the first time. I get everything set up the way I want it: Controls, Sounds, and Graphics. But than I try to start the game I choose Solo - Than Difficulty (recruit, veteran, ect..) - Than Mission and there is only the one: Semper Fi. - I choose it and than it goes to the difficulty screen again, I pick one and than it goes to the Mission screen again, I choose Semper Fi again and it goes to the difficulty screen again, it just does this over and over and over. I can't get the game to start at all. I have never even got to try it out yet. I get as far as that and that's it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have installed every single patch and I'm running Windows 7
  • Re: C.O.D. World of War WON'T START
    Mikanator
    Oh ouch. Maybe a corrupted install? To fix that you would need to re-install. But wait for one of the experts to come on and give you a tip.
    Bludingtuz
    That would be my first response, too.  Uninstall, and then re-install.  You can't possibly go wrong with that. Also, be sure to update your game with latest patches.

If it doesn't work after all of that - if you're game is still new and you have receipt, trade it in.  When Medal of Honor was new, I had weird-weird-weird technical issues; took it back to Best Buy, traded it, re-installed, and never had any trouble again.  Go figure.

Good luck!
    lw-dragon
    It seems dumb to have to reinstall it after just installing it but this is an issue I have never heard of before.

When reinstalling only install patches 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 making sure to restart the computer after each patch installation to make sure the registry gets updated. Also, you will want to temporarily disable your antivirus software during both game installation and each patch installation.

If you own the disc play the singleplayer from disc without any patches, and if in multiplayer mode install the game and only use the mp option.

**make sure to read the sticky on installing patches