23 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2010 12:04 PM by Jamz683 RSS

Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen

Jamz683
(sorry for the bad typing in a rush) Im here to discuss the splitscreen option in cod black ops. Firstly change the layout of split screen in cod black ops. In cod wow the slit screen had horrible boarders witch were not needed at all and if taken away the size of the screens would be much bigger and playable.
Secondly the use of splitscreen online many game titles including Halo3,L4D1 and 2 all incorperated great split screen multiplayer settings. Were either a guest or another xbox account could be added into the game.
Me and my brother own an xbox360 and it is more fun when you can play together in a game or with friends.
The could not even be a guest option just people that own 2 xbox live accounts on the same xbox could play online multiplayer together. There is a large group of players haveing the same problem in cod and has been unsued in the newer titles of cod. 

Things i would like to see come back:
Splitscreen-Reasons above
Grenade lauchers -take away perk one.
Quick scopeing -Make it avalible and add more one shot snipers
Final kill cams- Great fun
THEATER MODE- Very important and useful when making montages,machinema and would be very effective/ more people would buy the game, and an option to save the film of the game or clip so its easier when recording.(many more people will buy the game just to use this feature.) ect
Thanks for reading and comment below to get the thread more likly to be seen!
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Goldleader34
    No, if you want most of those features, just stick to Gaylo. If you want to quick scope so badly, why don't you just pick up a shotgun.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    BreakSilence

    Jamz683 wrote:

     

    (sorry for the bad typing in a rush) Im here to discuss the splitscreen option in cod black ops. Firstly change the layout of split screen in cod black ops. In cod wow the slit screen had horrible boarders witch were not needed at all and if taken away the size of the screens would be much bigger and playable.
    Secondly the use of splitscreen online many game titles including Halo3,L4D1 and 2 all incorperated great split screen multiplayer settings. Were either a guest or another xbox account could be added into the game.
    Me and my brother own an xbox360 and it is more fun when you can play together in a game or with friends.
    The could not even be a guest option just people that own 2 xbox live accounts on the same xbox could play online multiplayer together. There is a large group of players haveing the same problem in cod and has been unsued in the newer titles of cod. 

    Things i would like to see come back:
    Splitscreen-Reasons above
    Grenade lauchers -take away perk one.
    Quick scopeing -Make it avalible and add more one shot snipers
    Final kill cams- Great fun
    THEATER MODE- Very important and useful when making montages,machinema and would be very effective/ more people would buy the game, and an option to save the film of the game or clip so its easier when recording.(many more people will buy the game just to use this feature.) ect
    Thanks for reading and comment below to get the thread more likly to be seen!



    Splitscreen - would only work well with games thats Unranked & Ranked.(Obviously splitscreen would not be usable in ranked.) I'm sure it would also cause more boosting. I meen believe me, I think it would be pretty cool, but you gotta see were this would also be bad. I also agree on the split-screen look, it's annoying.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Papylatus
    Yeah i was always looking for something like this in a cod game because i would like it more if you played splitscreen online because you could have you and your friend just run around with eachother while communicating (because your right beside eachother) and yeah the border thing is so fked up i would almost kill myself when im trying to play nazi zombies splitscreen.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Yes, I think 4 player offline split-screen multiplayer should be just like in MW2, ranking up, unlocking weapons, etc...
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683
    Sorry but halo 3 was an amazing game. It had the best online splitscreen seen in any games which made it very popular and most impotantly has a rank system. Boosting is not achieved easily in halo3 by using split screen ( if at all). As such playlists are unable to access like in mw2 you cannot play free for all with more than one player in your party. So overall a good split screen option can be achieved without any problems to the quality of game.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683
    Also previous Cod titles encorperated ranked splitscreen online multiplayer but was stopes at Cod 4
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    BreakSilence
    Halo 3 is a horrible game, & your not getting the picture. Call of duty, would not work well with what you want. /thread
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Valitiney13

    Jamz683 wrote:

     


    Things i would like to see come back:
    Quick scopeing -Make it avalible and add more one shot snipers



    Really? Its not hard to Qs, just jump on Mw2 >.>
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683
    Like I said they stopped sliptscreen online in cod4 I don't know why but it was used in previous cod titles
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683
    Quick scoping can take skill. 1 you can turn auto aim off in the guied. It takes skill to hit every shot in a clip and quickscopeing existed long befor cod mw2 and has been used since cod 2 by many people
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    BreakSilence wrote:

     

    Halo 3 is a horrible game, & your not getting the picture. Call of duty, would not work well with what you want. /thread


    halo 3 is one of the best games of it's time and has more sales than most game so your still entitled to your own opinion but halo 3 is not a horrible game the facts are there
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    Goldleader34 wrote:

     

    No, if you want most of those features, just stick to Gaylo. If you want to quick scope so badly, why don't you just pick up a shotgun.


    Bit childish? Gaylo? Quickscoping with a shotgun? retard? Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but ^ that's just stupid I overplayed halo far to much and now enjoy cod   Most of those features are split between previous games and the cod franchise so comeon before writing a comment like that think.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    dtuchpunk
    splitscreen online ranked would only mean boosters.
    quickscoping no. Maybe with ironsight thats quicker to get ADS (because of weight).
    Snipers are there for long distance cover and long distance take outs
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    See...here's the problem: we don't want our games to be infested with people who aren't serious enough to buy XBOX live and are gunna sit there instead of helping out the team. Making it so that people ONLY with a xbox live membership (not their drunk cousin bob on a guest account) weeds out the players who would be clueless and don't know the mere definition of teamwork. Of course, we still have PLENTY of stupid/clueless people to go around, so we don't need anymore. But I am not opposed to a splitscreen multiplayer option if that person signs on to their account and you sign on to yours and play.

    ps: i play on xbox if you didn't notice
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    kingblade1925 wrote:

     

    See...here's the problem: we don't want our games to be infested with people who aren't serious enough to buy XBOX live and are gunna sit there instead of helping out the team. Making it so that people ONLY with a xbox live membership (not their drunk cousin bob on a guest account) weeds out the players who would be clueless and don't know the mere definition of teamwork. Of course, we still have PLENTY of stupid/clueless people to go around, so we don't need anymore. But I am not opposed to a splitscreen multiplayer option if that person signs on to their account and you sign on to yours and play.

    ps: i play on xbox if you didn't notice


    That's very good and I totaly agree with you guests can some times be very anoying but I was also woundering if there was a way to encorperate it only if there are 2 xbox live accounts
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    dtuchpunk wrote:

     

    splitscreen online ranked would only mean boosters.
    quickscoping no. Maybe with ironsight thats quicker to get ADS (because of weight).
    Snipers are there for long distance cover and long distance take outs


    Split screen would not mean boosting I have resoned this in other comments and cod isn't real life it's here for fun and a gun in a game can be used for whatever regardless of what it's used for in real life.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    when playing splitscreen online, u can´t complete any challenges or ranked up, or boost ur stats
    then it can be in.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    REFUE_G
    if both players on the split screen were on the same team, then how can u boost? how is it different to being in a party with one other friend online?
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    iwillshankyou
    yes, please add this in. split screen online would be amazing. also offline multiplayer co-op missions would be great(like in MW2) and then if there is a nazi zombie game type, allow for 4 people to play offline on one console as well, unlike in WAW were only 2 people could.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    dtuchpunk

    REFUE_G wrote:

     

    if both players on the split screen were on the same team, then how can u boost? how is it different to being in a party with one other friend online?



    FFA.
    And splitscreen boosting. There will be people that will offer you you can kill them and there splitscreen account.
    or 2 people will make a xboxlive account. First 2 weaks live gold is free. Than they will meet up and get killing the second account. So there own account won't get a negatief k/d.

    In unranked it can be done but not in ranked matches.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    dtuchpunk wrote:

     

    REFUE_G wrote:

     

    if both players on the split screen were on the same team, then how can u boost? how is it different to being in a party with one other friend online?



    FFA.
    And splitscreen boosting. There will be people that will offer you you can kill them and there splitscreen account.
    or 2 people will make a xboxlive account. First 2 weaks live gold is free. Than they will meet up and get killing the second account. So there own account won't get a negatief k/d.

    In unranked it can be done but not in ranked matches.



    In cod games it has been changed so when a party is bigger than 1 playlists like FFA cannot be played so every one who keeps saying boosting look at the previous comments were I have talked about this.
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Sorry but they will not make this game split-screen for MP. They can't bc the multiplayer aspect is ranked and they couldn't keep the stats. Also why the hell would they make it easier to QUICKSCOPE?! Also it is quickscoping not (quickscopEing)
  • Re: Cod Black Ops multiplayer /split screen
    Jamz683

    THExHANDZx93 wrote:

     

    Sorry but they will not make this game split-screen for MP. They can't bc the multiplayer aspect is ranked and they couldn't keep the stats. Also why the hell would they make it easier to QUICKSCOPE?! Also it is quickscoping not (quickscopEing)


    I can't recall saying to make quickscoping easier just add more one shot snipers so there are less people spraying. Also befor posting a comment like this remember to read the whole thread. I said you could just make it so 2 people with xbox live accounts on the same xbox could play and if guests were allowed to play they wouldn't have a rank or gain anything appart from the ability to play. I also said that I don't care about spelling as I'm useing an iPod touch and don't really care so please don't go around the thread commenting on spelling without even Reading or understanding the thread first.