1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 539 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:22 PM by rpatto92 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Solfern

zeroy wrote:

Come to think of it i could do with no perks at all, attachments yes.

this
  • 21. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    snazzypanic
    i just deleted a entire essay lol about why u shuldnt remove any perks excepts oma and add juggernaut but tbh no will hear it any way
  • 22. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    bloodysky
    I choose the "It would be nice to see a similar number of Perks, but it's not mandatory." option.

Why? Because more perks mean more variety, and less people using the exact same class set-up. Which makes the game a tad bit more fun and interesting, to me. Also it means you have to have a tab bit more "skill" up your sleeve, because you got to know how to counter more perks/classes.

But I also feel it's not mandatory. As long as the game is fun and overall a great product, I'm golden.

P.S. I HATE Commando, in MW2, but I can not speak personally on the Bayonet in W@W, since I did not play the multiplayer much except for in private matches/split-screen with my buds.
  • 23. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    Mesquite
    Hi

The only perks i personally have a problem with are,

Ninja/Dead silence: To me the most important thing in an Search and Destroy is sound, when you take that away the game becomes pointless on a competitive level, And therefore doesn't require the player to learn how to play stealth by using prone/crouch. I wouldn't mind this so much if sit rep canceled it out. But is doesn't

commando: Last time i checked this was an First Person Shooter not aye knifing game. Nuf said

As for the order of perks,

if you where to keep ninja/dead silence and bombsquad/ sit rep they should both be in the perk 3 slot
    as they would cancel each other out, making them balanced from a design prospective.

Keep stopping power and juggernaut as they balance each other out,

Keep bling love using it, seems underrated

Please remember this is my own opinion

Thanks
  • 24. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    LUCK3YSH0T
    MW2 perks didnt take away any thing. they were just trying to pack as many old perks into less perks, so that it was like you had like 5 perks, not 3. but if you ask me they kind of failed at what they were trying to do. i think they could have done a better job.
  • 25. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    xXLtStrikeXx
    What about deleting stopping power and juggernaut? Just sayin' that a lot of people's set up is quite the same; they either most of the time have juggernaut or stopping power.
    Just a thought, voted for the third option btw ;D.
  • 26. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    sagey007

Mesquite wrote:

Hi

The only perks i personally have a problem with are,

Ninja/Dead silence: To me the most important thing in an Search and Destroy is sound, when you take that away the game becomes pointless on a competitive level, And therefore doesn't require the player to learn how to play stealth by using prone/crouch. I wouldn't mind this so much if sit rep canceled it out. But is doesn't

commando: Last time i checked this was an First Person Shooter not aye knifing game. Nuf said

As for the order of perks,

if you where to keep ninja/dead silence and bombsquad/ sit rep they should both be in the perk 3 slot
    as they would cancel each other out, making them balanced from a design prospective.

nice

Keep stopping power and juggernaut as they balance each other out,

Keep bling love using it, seems underrated

Please remember this is my own opinion

Thanks

• 27. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?

LUCK3YSH0T wrote:

MW2 perks didnt take away any thing. they were just trying to pack as many old perks into less perks, so that it was like you had like 5 perks, not 3. but if you ask me they kind of failed at what they were trying to do. i think they could have done a better job.

Sorry but being able to get up to 10+ killstreaks with only 2 genuine kills to start with is ridiculous and ruining the gameplay imo. The option to reduce the amount of killstreaks needed was/is completly ludicrous. It doesnt do for improving the player skills or the teamplay - rather stay in corner and rack up the killstreaks... Back on Topic, WAW perks were fine - maybe make the vehicle one more relevant or replace them with others when playing on non-vehicle maps?
  • 28. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    snazzypanic
    ahh this is getting on me nerves!! RIGHT DONT REMOVE any perks except oma or change it dont care add juggernaut and i dont like the idea of equipment coming down in perks thats sooo old

a few ideas for future adds

ermm

Evade- allow player to dive
    pro- faster recovery from dive
    expert-(if there)longer evade distance
    counter to commando (GREEN)

Team Player- faster objective capture
    Pro- revives from last stand are instant (one time)
    Expert- objectives give 25% more exp
    give player more insentive to play for objectives(green)

FearFactor- staionary enemys get more sway
    Pro- secondary greandes are more effective
    expert- enemyes that are close get lower running speed
    Counters campers and lightweight users(green)

One Man Army- carry two primarys
    Pro- carry three weapons of your choice
    Expert-faster swaping speed
    much better for oma (blue)

Steady Aim- hip fire is more accurate
    pro- less recoil
    expert- aim down sights is more accruate(red perk)
    makes this perk far more useful when less recoil is invovled
  • 29. Re: Perks, min. number requirement?
    First of all, thanks for the poll and thread, Vahn.

You all probably know that perks can make or break a game.  I do enjoy the variety of gameplay that perks allow, but they absolutely MUST be tested, discussed, tested, and tested some more.  Most COD gamers have complained about the same perks across the series - stopping power, jugg, last stand, and marty.  Perhaps its time to remove perks that give your gun more power, allow for cheap kills after you are dead, or affect your health? 

I would like to see only perks that "make you think" before choosing them.  More often than not, players equip the same 2-3 perks on all their classes.  I'm all for having standard health and standard weapon power across the board. 

Good perks?  Well those are simple:

* Special Grenades
    * Satchel Charge
    * Rocket Launcher
    * Bomb Squad
    * Bouncing Betty/Claymore
    * Bandolier
    * Primary Grenades
    * Marathon
    * Sleight of Hand

* Stopping Power
    * Fireworks
    * Flak Jacket
    * Camouflage
    * Overkill

* Deep Impact
    * Extreme Conditioning
    * Toss Back
    * Dead Silence
    * Iron Lungs

These perks are an ideal set to promote variety and teamwork.   Nothing should affect the fire rate or strength of my weapon, nor should anything give me extra health or allow me to take more damage.  In no case, should I be allowed to kill someone after I've died.

Thanks for your time.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next