1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 4:10 PM by DaN-LoveZ-CoD Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Hackers?
    otisman666

xxBuddhas PALMxx wrote:

Scoooba wrote:

I read somewhere that Treyarch put together a separate small team just to stop hackers.

happen to have a link?

Go check out the WE PLAY COD website.  Back in early June a few of these guys went on a tour of the Treyarch studios and this was one of the questions they asked.  The response was that they were putting together a team to support the game post launch that will deal with nothing but modding and glitches.

I love the people that say that Developers are helpless against Jtags or other mods.  They are not helpless, they are lazy and don't take the time to properly secure the code.
  • 11. Re: Hackers?
    A Bag of Meese

otisman666 wrote:

xxBuddhas PALMxx wrote:

Scoooba wrote:

I read somewhere that Treyarch put together a separate small team just to stop hackers.

happen to have a link?

Go check out the WE PLAY COD website.  Back in early June a few of these guys went on a tour of the Treyarch studios and this was one of the questions they asked.  The response was that they were putting together a team to support the game post launch that will deal with nothing but modding and glitches.

I love the people that say that Developers are helpless against Jtags or other mods.  They are not helpless, they are lazy and don't take the time to properly secure the code.

Lol let's just hope they are a nice group of people that don't abuse their powers...(ex. THE PRO, or whatever his name was).

It was quite surprising the rate and degree into which MW2 was molested by modders, I don't understand how a game with so much notoriety could be so vulnerable to 12 year olds and their "1337 h4x0r skillzz."

• 12. Re: Hackers?
    Remiiix
    They can't stop the leaderboard hacks due to J-Tagers aslong as their about no normal leaderboards. Even though they ban them they can unban themselfs :S
  • 13. Re: Hackers?
    kobno

Xx iTzZ St1Gm1St3R xX wrote:

I would be able to live with that - just them being removed from the leaderboards.

Aslong as the leaderboards are clean, then I am fine.

400,000+ hackers is a joke.

They are not all hackers themself, most of them have been in a modded lobby and changed their stats.
  • 14. Re: Hackers?
    kobno

Remiiix wrote:

They can't stop the leaderboard hacks due to J-Tagers aslong as their about no normal leaderboards. Even though they ban them they can unban themselfs :S

Yeah but they have to pay like 120$ for a new keyvault to unban thereselfs so it's not that they don't care if they get banned. That's why they ask people for money to get in their lobbies. But I love how ppl with JTAG can make their own gametypes like zombies or even maps.
  • 15. Re: Hackers?
    nasher13

kobno wrote:

Remiiix wrote:

Yeah but they have to pay like 60$ for a new keyvault to unban thereselfs so it's not that they don't care if they get banned. That's why they ask people for money to get in their lobbies. But I love how ppl with JTAG can make their own gametypes like zombies or even maps.

Its more like 120 dollars and lets face it treyarch are going to do every single thing possible to stop hacking, but in the end someone somewhere will, and when it happens we just have to deal with it.

CoD 5 wasn't hacked till about 1 month ago, so hopefully treyarch can hold the hacking back for a good year.
  • 16. Re: Hackers?
    DaN-LoveZ-CoD
    but will there be a patch, so jtag users can find the way around the patch?
  • 17. Re: Hackers?
    I just don't get why you don't delete the people with 4 Billion kills off the leaderboards, its pretty obvious and their attempts suck
  • 18. Re: Hackers?
    senor.sassycat
    people hacking the leader boards doesn't effect the game play so i don't care.
  • 19. Re: Hackers?
    I think and hope Treyarch will deal with hackers as best they can, but obviously we don't know how easy it is to do IW try'd for like 5 minutes then gave up.

If you noticed WaW was free from all hackers really till modern warfare 2 came along.

@ senor.sassycat  if they were hacking leaderboards normally they will have things like aimbots and stuff.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next