1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 140 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2010 8:52 AM by fsck Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    White Reaper
    Guys Calm Down. They just took an idea from bfbc2. And you cant blame them. If the host files aren't public the game's multilayer is not crackable. Look at BFBC2, its mp was only cracked last month because the host files were leaked. and besides I played alot of bfbc2 and if treyarch keeps maintenance on the servers lag wont be a problem
  • 91. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Sami@Results-Software.com

pshawnu wrote:

for sure. I already have a dedicated box, and theres no way I am going to a terrible company like gs just to get this game.

My provider runs circles around GS, and they always are helpful, unlike the gs staff, who wouldnt know how to get themselves out of a paper bag.

But, again, do some research. go find out who owns gs, and you will have the answer to this stupid ass riddle.

All they have to do is open it to more providers, but that is asking too much from a company being ran by monkeys

Im bad at riddles.
  • 92. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    x1_loop
    Is it 100% certain that you have to buy a server? I don't know how stuff work with this gameservers, can you explain? As far as I know I have to enter some guy's server which he bought, and also cant play with my friends on private matches without renting a unranked match am I right? 
  • 93. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    traustic
    Our clan has a dedicated box through gameservers and have had no issues with our machine.   I agree sometimes they have issue with rented servers because they put too many servers on one machine and overload the system at peak times.  Dedicated boxes do not have this issue.
  • 94. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!

x1_loop wrote:

Is it 100% certain that you have to buy a server? I don't know how stuff work with this gameservers, can you explain? As far as I know I have to enter some guy's server which he bought, and also cant play with my friends on private matches without renting a unranked match am I right? 

Not everyone has to rent a server. But someone has to, otherwise there wont be any servers for the casual gamer to play on. In the past, clans have mostly done that. I guess it will be those clans who don't run multiple games from a dedicated box, but rent by the slot who will be doing it for Black Ops. Just like the clan I belong to - we have just pre-ordered a ranked server for $14.95 for a month, which is less than a tenner in UK pounds. See how it goes after release, and if all good, order again on a 3 month basis after that.
  • 95. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Denp
    F*ck black ops... Lets go Medal of Honnor??
  • 96. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Tuna_Boy

Sami@Results-Software.com wrote:

Tuna_Boy wrote:

Sami@Results-Software.com wrote:

When you have a P2P match making system, it is the same as server files because the persons computer is still hosting the server, therefore any hacker worth his name would know how to hack something like that.

And yet it hasn't been a problem with all the other games running open, real dedicated server files. Crazy huh?

Simply because hackers will only go for the huge multimedia releases, such as call of duty.

So, the Quake series wasn't a huge multimedia release?

LOL
  • 97. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    Tuna_Boy

Dante2010 wrote:

x1_loop wrote:

Not everyone has to rent a server. But someone has to, otherwise there wont be any servers for the casual gamer to play on. In the past, clans have mostly done that. I guess it will be those clans who don't run multiple games from a dedicated box, but rent by the slot who will be doing it for Black Ops. Just like the clan I belong to - we have just pre-ordered a ranked server for $14.95 for a month, which is less than a tenner in UK pounds. See how it goes after release, and if all good, order again on a 3 month basis after that.

This is kinda the point of contention. If you run a clan server and need to pay $15/mo for it.. How many game types can you host? If you only host one, wouldn't you host the one your clan plays? So, say you host a CTF server. That's it. One clan server with CTF running. How is the casual gamer going to jump in to a FFA game if most servers are single game, clan hosted? We used to host several game types from one server. So, we'd host a CTF a TDM and throw in a FFA for the casual gamer or for those times when you don't want team objective matches.
    If you can do that with the GS server great!
  • 98. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    c5000
    As loud as the clans *****--theyre a tiny part of the community in comparison.

No one is going to kiss your ass, why should they?

Dont buy it, who cares?
  • 99. Re: Dedi servers? What a crock of s**te!
    c5000
    Enjoy no prone and no lean and no mod tools at all.

Its called cutting your nose off to spite your face
1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next