17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2010 4:27 PM by Lionclaw RSS

STOPPING PRESTIGE HACKS/MODDING/LEADERBOARD HACKS.

Lionclaw
I know I'm not alone in feeling that the admins haven't given a lot of face time to addressing what will be done about cheating on Black Ops. The various Cheating/Hacking/Modding ruined Modern Warfare 2, and I for one have no intention on spending money on another game where the developers have no intention of doing anything to stop rampant abuse of the system. I'd greatly appreciate someone addressing the following;

-Gamertag modding. I'm tired of going into an MW2 lobby and seeing gamertags of all different colors, most of which are hacked to say the most vile, racist, salacious offensive crap imaginable. The rest are gamertags composed of button labels that stretch across your screen and are incredibly distracting during gameplay. Is this really so hard to stop? Is there a way we can report people who do it?

-Prestige hacking. For those of us who reach upper prestige levels legit after hundreds of hours of actual gameplay, we're tired of the 10th prestige lobby, and more than anything, I'm tired of getting 5 messages a day from 12-year olds who have hacked the system. Honestly, we can't stop preteens from cheating their way to the top of the rankings? This is infuriating. I stopped at 9th prestige on MW2 because I knew people would assume I hacked my ranking if I went all the way through 10th. Seeing a 10th prestige should be significant. On MW2 I'm quite sure at least 50% of the 10-70's are fake. Will this be an issue on Black Ops?

-Are you guys thoroughly testing the maps for glitches? We don't want cheaters going under the map, outside the map, hiding inside walls, etc. The "Resurgence Pack" came out how long ago, and IW has done nothing about the rock glitch on Fuel.

-Will you be doing consistent maintenance on the wins/kills/score leaderboards? To people like me who value our stats on the game after days worth of playing time, MW2 is an albatross. There are literally thousands of hackers at the top of every leaderboard, making the stats on that game completely irrelevant. How difficult is it to simply go into the system and click 'delete' on these jerks' hacked names? This is a biggie.

-As an aside, will the leaderboards go back to being separated by game type? I LOVED this about World at War. As someone who plays a specific game type most of the time, I don't care about my overall wins total, I care about my wins total in Domination and where I rank there specifically.

I share the community's excitement for Black Ops, but after enduring (which is the only way to put it) Modern Warfare 2's many critical errors that went unchecked for the entire 10 months the game has been out, it would be nice to have confidence that the people running the multiplayer game actually give a **** this time around.
  • Re: STOPPING PRESTIGE HACKS/MODDING/LEADERBOARD HACKS.
    booperdee2
    Wall of test.

Simply put, Mr. Lion, would you like to work at the world class standard of game programming and put an end to this? Coz ill tell ya, youll fail.
    Treyarch already said that they brought in a special team to specifically stop hackers/boosters/modders

booperdee2 wrote:

Wall of test.

Simply put, Mr. Lion, would you like to work at the world class standard of game programming and put an end to this? Coz ill tell ya, youll fail.

Butthurt much?

This is a repeat but I don't give a crap. I agree to you that hackers should be stopped/banned in some way but somewhere I read that theatre mode allowed you to send that video to Treyarch or whoever (Like Bungie ONCE did).
    yeah i hate the modded leaderboards!! when the game first came out i was proud that i was in the top 100,000 for kills.

after the modding and all that BS i got bumped down to about 700,000 even though i have nearly 50,000 kills
    HaloFreak7777
    At least his first post was well structured and thought out. Even tho it is a repeat it is well done. The worst thing in the world is reading a repeat thread from some kid that is all I hatz the haxerz what u do to get rid of probelms?

or worse.. the hackers who are asking about what they need to know in order to get around the safeguards....

@OP
    They have dedicated teams to help control the hackers/boosters/cheaters. Using the theater mode we can film and report hackers/boosters/cheaters and get them banned.

As for individual playlist leaderboards they have said that all these will be returning. Also there will be lobby leaderboards so you can compare yourself to everyone in the lobby with you and it will make it easy to find out what their k/ds are even though they claim they are 4.2 you will be able to open that up and see its only .42
    blackflame0729

Natas2057 wrote:

Treyarch already said that they brought in a special team to specifically stop hackers/boosters/modders

I really hope so. Hackers really ruin the game
    Lionclaw
    It's going to look pretty embarassing for the paid experts who will supposedly keep the game clean when some 11-year old hacks the system in the game's first week of release. I'm glad some of you are confident this won't be as big an issue, but I'm still waiting for someone from Treyarch to get off their high horse about hyping the game and officially address some of these issues.
    Morous

blackflame0729 wrote:

Natas2057 wrote:

I really hope so. Hackers really ruin the game

they always do there is nothing you can do about it
    DownedGunner

RaNdOmNeWbPwNaGe wrote:

booperdee2 wrote:

Wall of test.

Butthurt much?

This is a repeat but I don't give a crap. I agree to you that hackers should be stopped/banned in some way but somewhere I read that theatre mode allowed you to send that video to Treyarch or whoever (Like Bungie ONCE did).

Actually, if I remember correctly, they are making it so that if you suspect that someone is cheating or boosting, you can report them. Since all films are saved server side, I would assume that when you report, it also sends Treyarch a video of the match with the person reported for cheating/boosting etc. From then, if they review the match and see to it that that person is indeed doing one of the following, then they are subject to be banned. And I think I also read that they may not ban the person right away if they are not 100% sure they're boosting etc. to help prevent wrongful bans.
    Stockton19
    Yeah I sure hope that they do everything they can to stop the hackers and boosters. On MW2 I tried to file complaints against all the 14 year old douche bags who shot me while glitching from inside a boulder somewhere, but who knows if xbox even looks into those complaints. Its frustrating to play hard and try to have fun with a bunch of little kids running around spoiling it all. I hope that Black Ops is better, but who knows how hard it actually is to address all of these problems and put a stop to them.
    CAN1_BOMBBACUSH
    There are to many out there to stop them all. sorry to say hackers are here to stay >_<

boomyakasha
    Modding is only possible on Infinity Ward games because they don't lock their game saves, did you ever see loads of people modding on WaW? If you did it was super hackers, not common gamers. I trust Treyarch to do the same as they did with their WaW game saves.
    Lionclaw
    I'm not counting on a lot of banning going on, regardless of evidence.

I care less about boosting than I do about the prestige hacking and messed up leaderboards.

Players can actually do something about boosters in-game, but it's up to Treyarch to stop the hackers.
    You know, if someone gets a high score in unreasonable time, HELLO HACKGLITCH!
    Morley94
    Who cares about leaderboards anyway? I mean, it's pretty damn obvious that when a guy has 1,485,903,735.7 kills and 69 deaths with a ratio of -19.46 and a 6,000 killstreak he's cheating. The rank is all jacked up. The only thing i care about is how I stack up against friends
    Marlon Brando''s Helper Monkey

Lionclaw wrote:

It's going to look pretty embarassing for the paid experts who will supposedly keep the game clean when some 11-year old hacks the system in the game's first week of release. I'm glad some of you are confident this won't be as big an issue, but I'm still waiting for someone from Treyarch to get off their high horse about hyping the game and officially address some of these issues.

They have to some extent, but the problem is they talk about it on twitter, not their official forums, or the front page, or the news section...etc etc. It kind of stinks. I hate twitter personally but whatever.
    Lionclaw
    I follow JD on Twitter and have seen NOTHING from him about this, only self-congratulation about how many views their trailers are getting on YouTube, as if anyone but them cares about that.