1 2 3 Previous Next 156 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2010 2:50 PM by hendy_cfc RSS

Why mess up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?

JAlenX06
And PLEASE don't tell me it's so you can have an assault rifle aim in, twice as fast, be full auto, and kill in 3 shots across the map, while it takes a sniper twice as long with one shot. Try Playing Mw2 with the Intervention without Sleight of Hand Pro, and tell me it's worth it.
  • 1. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    creaper21
    because quickscoping is not sniping. thats why.
  • 2. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    nuckbasty

JAlenX06 wrote:

And PLEASE don't tell me it's so you can have an assault rifle aim in, twice as fast, be full auto, and kill in 3 shots across the map, while it takes a sniper twice as long with one shot. Try Playing Mw2 with the Intervention without Sleight of Hand Pro, and tell me it's worth it.

We as a community complained and complained, And treyarch, bless thier little hearts, listened to us.
  • 3. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    xEd The 3rdx
    Wut are you, some kinda homo?
  • 4. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    JAlenX06

creaper210 wrote:

No ****, sherlock. Quick scoping wasn't the point of my post. It was asking why have an assault rifle that'll zoom in, and kill quicker than a Sniper at all ranges. Quit trolling.
  • 5. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    creaper21

JAlenX06 wrote:

creaper210 wrote:

No ****, sherlock. Quick scoping wasn't the point of my post. It was asking why have an assault rifle that'll zoom in, and kill quicker than a Sniper at all ranges. Quit trolling.

because any other weapon zooming in fast would help a lot because you are in the middle of the action. if your a sniper, and you are further away then it would not help.
  • 6. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    Because we love to screw with snipers. (sarcasm)  
  • 7. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    JAlenX06

nuckbasty wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

We as a community complained and complained, And treyarch, bless thier little hearts, listened to us.

Try playing a round against a team using assault rifles with sleight of hand pro, and you use Scavenger. It's just simply not going to work if you're playing against a decently skilled team.
  • 8. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    smeggledorf
    i'm gonna miss SoH pro for sniping, and i mean actually sniping and hardscoping, it's so much nicer to be able to zoom in faster after reloading and you have more than enough shots to get your killstreaks with it only taking one shot to kill so why not use SoH pro in mw2? i agree quickscoping has no place in the game but it sucks that because a bunch of kids ran around and abused it that they have to ruin it for everyone and make it so much easier for other guns (smgs/ARs/lmgs) but oh well, like anything else in video games everyone will adapt and adjust or just cry until they quit the game

oh and also idk why so many people complained about quickscoping, the only time i didn't like it was when someone on my team would try to do it because they saw an awesome montage and think that they'll be able to do it everytime, it's not very effective or sensible and quickscopers always got owned when they were on the other team, but that's just my opinion about it
  • 9. Re: Why **** up Sleight of Hand Pro for snipers?
    FluidJordan
    That's a good question, and you make somewhat of a good point.  However, sniping is meant for long range.  If you give a sniper Sleight of Hand Pro, it becomes very easy to quickscope.  When a sniper can quickscope, than he is able to beat people at close, medium, and long range.  If you give faster aim down sights to anything but a sniper rifle, than it's not overpowered.  It just becomes slighty easier to rush or play if you have slower reflexes.  In Modern Warfare 2, the snipers without Sleight of Hand Pro did what sniping was meant to do, play at long range.  If a sniper with, say, Scavenger runs into close range, he's going to get killed with little to no trouble to the other team.  Besides, if they made SoH Pro effect sniper rifles, than that would make shotguns very underpowered, as it would also do so with every other weapon category, just to a lesser degree.  I hope you understand my point, and still enjoy the game when it releases. 
1 2 3 Previous Next