1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 121 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 10:16 AM by BOOMxHEADSHOT21 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    copperburn

SKILLSnKILLS wrote:

o m g

why is there only american forces in mp for friendly forces (that we know of)

imo, there should be british, and french forces too.

tryarch patriotism strikes again.

british duringb the cold war where key.

we had nukes in germany(incase they invaded them), and around mosco and other major citys around  just incase anythink kicked of.

and french where in naaam man.

THIS WHAT INFINITY WARD GOT RIGHT. DIFFRENT CULTURES.

the SAS when it to nam(bread) under amrican and french forces, but commanded them selves.

the shear ignorance of other forces during the cold war and viat nam out stands me.

WHY IS THERE ONLY AMERICAN FRIENDLY FOURCES, WHEN NON-FRIENDLYS GET 3 DIFFRENT ONES?

Have a British developer make a fps game and i am sure you would see many parts of the British army in there.  Wait...Coodmaster a British developer did make Operation Flash Point: Dragon Rising,  (one of the worst FPS ever).   Wait! wait! ...it was American forces in there too.  That should say a lot.  I know what it is saying to me, you might want to figure out what it is saying to you.
  • 16. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    zman6776
    Let's not forget who was at war the entire time in WW 2, the Canadians and British. The americans only joined 'cause they got bombed, no offense Americans, but Canada and British are just as good as you guys. I think they should make CA/BR forces to
  • 17. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)

adzogolonzo wrote:

Myth700 wrote:

The Brits had nukes in Russia ?  Around Moscow even???

Highly doubt it.  In fact I would say this is an all out act of war and I highly doubt Russia would ever let another country simply store nukes around it's capital city, considering the pride that Russian's have.

If I'm wrong then please someone post a link to somewhere I could read about this because I would be very very interested if the claim is true.

I just read this recently, I'll try to get a link

Thank you mate appreciate it, would make for some interesting reading
  • 18. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    CARTONOFSMOKES
    My only guess on why they didn't do this is because I would hate to be playing Multilayer as a french guy and all of a sudden when things started to get crazy my character would run away on its own. And not to mention if i was a British operative, my guy would just stop playing around 3:00 and pull out a cup of tea to drink..........
  • 19. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    copperburn

ZMAN6776 wrote:

Let's not forget who was at war the entire time in WW 2, the Canadians and British. The americans only joined 'cause they got bombed, no offense Americans, but Canada and British are just as good as you guys. I think they should make CA/BR forces to

Like i say.. Canada and Britian have game developers too. They will put Canadian and British forces in any fps they make and you will all be happy.
    It is simple why American forces are dominate fps even if the developer is not an American company. More shooting game on many ocassion are sold more in America than the whole of Europe combine. In the past there were more game console in the US than the whole continent of Europe, people in the US play video game more that the British or the Canadian. This is probably changing now as more countries are playing a lot more video games now and the ratio of people to console in those other countries grew. If you develop game and you want to make it big, then it would make a lot a sense to to put a US face in the form of their soldier in the game.  I don't think that they think that American forces are the only one that are good to be portrayed in a shooting video game, it is just a smart business decision. I for one would like to see developer from other countries make game with their soldier in them and if it is good i will buy it.
  • 20. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    x ELDRIDGE x
    i agree there should be british because it is nice to be able to have your own country in it 
  • 21. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    Well here is a thaught, its because its an american game company so of course the americans will be the good guy, yes the french were in nam first but they got there asses kicked worse then we did, I garunte you didn't have anyone in moscow because guess what it was russian buddy.
  • 22. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    shaffe
    sweet this means i dont have to play as a brit finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 23. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    Phatox
    Do not forget that in COD4 & WAW & MW2 you could play as American, Brit AND Russian.

And in MP, who says that the US are the friendly forces? In the nam war, they got there cause they were scared for communism, and they failed. So i think that the vietcong are the friendly forces
  • 24. Re: Fractions, Why USA only?(friendly fources)
    Chuck Raspy
    No offense to OP but wasn't the Cold War mainly between the United States and the Soviet Union?
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next