14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2010 9:19 PM by vheliosv RSS

Why make snipers aim in to a random spot anyway?

JAlenX06
All the videos I've seen with sniper gameplay, have been generally positive about how sniping looks in black ops, but then you guys change it. I don't understand, really. And don't give me that "I can't snipe with a shotgun" bullshit. A sniper can and should be able to hit at any range, because it can in real life, just less accurately the closer you are. Just like in Black Ops. A shotgun will never hit anyone from ~1000m in a game or in real life. A sniper would, and if you argue that, there's something wrong with you.
  • Re: Why make snipers aim in to a random spot anyway?
    ksir1
    If you want to get into the whole "real life" arguement then let me ask you this. How many people do you see in real life running around with a .50 cal and shooting it while standing up?
    pekky_1

ksir1 wrote:

If you want to get into the whole "real life" arguement then let me ask you this. How many people do you see in real life running around with a .50 cal and shooting it while standing up?

Don't forget shooting someone in the arm and they are fine!
    ksir1

pekky_1 wrote:

ksir1 wrote:

Don't forget shooting someone in the arm and they are fine!

Oh youre right and how could i forget about shooting someone in the stomach and them still being alive.
    JAlenX06

ksir1 wrote:

How many people do you see running around with a cross bow?"

Exactly. I'm not getting into the real life argument. I could care less. I'm just sick of seeing:

"HERP U CANT SNIEP W/ A SHOTGUN

SNIPERING IS OPZ!
    xxEpicGamerBoyxx

ksir1 wrote:

I looked this up on youtube and I found a couple of videos of people shooting the 50. cal standing up
    vheliosv

JAlenX06 wrote:

All the videos I've seen with sniper gameplay, have been generally positive about how sniping looks in black ops, but then you guys change it. I don't understand, really. And don't give me that "I can't snipe with a shotgun" bullshit. A sniper can and should be able to hit at any range, because it can in real life, just less accurately the closer you are. Just like in Black Ops. A shotgun will never hit anyone from ~1000m in a game or in real life. A sniper would, and if you argue that, there's something wrong with you.

It isnt random, its within the crosshairs of your weapon as it zooms, and the crosshairs become smaller

Also dont argue realism in a video game Realism is and always will be secondary to fun, and this wont make the game any less fun for qs and the like. just a bit more challenging. Dont forget you have unlimited sprint, the power to see things through walls, teleport into vehicles...etc
    JAlenX06

vheliosv wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

It isnt random, its within the crosshairs of your weapon as it zooms, and the crosshairs become smaller

Also dont argue realism in a video game Realism is and always will be secondary to fun, and this wont make the game any less fun for qs and the like. just a bit more challenging. Dont forget you have unlimited sprint, the power to see things through walls, teleport into vehicles...etc

It is random though. If I'm using a famas, and I scope in, while the person is in the middle of my screen, they'll be lined up. Why do I have to hold my breath, line my shot up, and then be able to get my kill, when you can do it with a gun that isn't designed for it easier.
    ksir1
    They are trying to get rid of quickscoping which is something that you really cant do in real life. I dont think they realize though that people will still be able to quick scope with an ACOG attachment unless of course my theory is wrong.
    JAlenX06

ksir1 wrote:

They are trying to get rid of quickscoping which is something that you really cant do in real life. I dont think they realize though that people will still be able to quick scope with an ACOG attachment unless of course my theory is wrong.

You can't quick scope when you bring the scope up at normal speed. That's called a no-scope.

Quick scoping is shooting as soon as you see your crossheirs. When you shoot at a normal speed, that's just a shot.
    vheliosv

JAlenX06 wrote:

vheliosv wrote:

JAlenX06 wrote:

It is random though. If I'm using a famas, and I scope in, while the person is in the middle of my screen, they'll be lined up. Why do I have to hold my breath, line my shot up, and then be able to get my kill, when you can do it with a gun that isn't designed for it easier.

So an Assault rifle isnt designed to be aimed more quickly than a sniper rifle? Thats what you think?
    JAlenX06

vheliosv wrote:

So an Assault rifle isnt designed to be aimed more quickly than a sniper rifle? Thats what you think?

Assault rifles. Medium-Long range guns, do a better job at long range than the guns that are supposed to be strictly long range.
    vheliosv
    These changes have nothing to with range. This is (according to JD) to stop the people who scope in and fire while the screen is black and get a kill.

Its all about the speed at which rifles killed at all ranges. Whether you agree or not, it makes sense if you have ever fired a weapon, and more importantly it will eliminate what most players find annoying.
    JAlenX06

vheliosv wrote:

These changes have nothing to with range. This is (according to JD) to stop the people who scope in and fire while the screen is black and get a kill..

That has nothing to do with where the cross heirs are. It's about the auto aim when you scope in. With any gun actually...

Get a ump, and tap the left trigger while you're shooting, and you'll still hit almost every bullet..
    vheliosv

JAlenX06 wrote:

vheliosv wrote:

These changes have nothing to with range. This is (according to JD) to stop the people who scope in and fire while the screen is black and get a kill..

That has nothing to do with where the cross heirs are. It's about the auto aim when you scope in. With any gun actually...

Get a ump, and tap the left trigger while you're shooting, and you'll still hit almost every bullet..

When you have an enemy within your huge crosshairs and hit ADS, the auto aim does the rest and you can just fire at the exact moment the black screen hits. Thats annoying, although it does affect us "aggressive Snipers" or whatever-people who dont abuse the Soh auto aim.

Everyone knows the UMP was op a bit, but at ANY range you can easily use that, unlike the UMP. As one of the aforementioned "aggressive snipers" i was a little bummed but i will adjust just like always. Besides i never relied on it like QS'ers do. i love ars and smgs