1 18 19 20 21 22 23 Previous Next 226 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2011 8:08 AM by 2Phat2Tech Go to original post RSS
  • 190. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    fromrussiawiluv

xDatboy wrote:

When will wal-mart start selling them?
    I was looking at the px21 tb's for ps3
    they look pretty good.

walmart currently carries the turtle beach x11's and the x31's as well as the px21's for ps3.
  • 191. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    fromrussiawiluv

xDatboy wrote:

When will wal-mart start selling them?
    I was looking at the px21 tb's for ps3
    they look pretty good.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-P21-Gaming-Headset-PS3-PlaySta tion-3/12538355
  • 192. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    TehPownzor
    I would like to buy TB X11/DX11/X31. Which one should I pick?

~Ghostly
  • 193. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    kastro187420

fromrussiawiluv wrote:

lol.....exactly..2.08 K/D..........................ill pass ont that. haha

That's 2.08 with literally HALF of my sounds not coming through, and playing without the use of a headset, or resorting to "try hard" set-ups as they're called. My point is, Sound Whoring isn't as effective or necessary as people make it out to believe. Sure, I could go drop $200 on a pair of headphones, but its not necessary. Not when I can, statistically, do better than 70-75% of the players (there's a thread somewhere that explains what I mean) without it. I'm not aiming for "MLG Pro" status.

I think if people just played smarter, they could save themselves alot of money on unneeded accessories like headsets.
  • 194. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    having a set of headphones does not make you instantly better hahaha, ive outplayed SOOOOOOO many sound whores it aint even funny.

if i know your sound whoring imma gonna make a lot of racket sumwhere and quietly move a little ways from that (move quietly i mean crouch walking..yes ive been called a crouch walkin f@g LMAO) and snipe the piss out of you when u go and investigate
  • 195. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    whickedshell
    hmmm  the only difference is you get to know exactly where your opponent comes from, thx to the surround sound built in the headset...
    it's cool, but i'll manage to get a fine score without them ^^
    i just bought me  a logitec headset with mic, mutefunction, that's all i need ^^
  • 196. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    Agreed I'll be cranking my Trition ASX Pros 

My GF loves them as well, it means she doesn't have to hear gun shots and explosions all night haha!
  • 197. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    payneinc85
    I'm not going to sit here and read 20 pages of blah blah blah but i will tell you what I know from talking to people that own the 3 most popular brands.

Turtle Beach
    Tritton
    Astro

I actually own a set of the wireless TB x41's and have had absolutely no problem with them. I wish the volume would go up louder for when I wanna listen to music but for loud shooter games they are fine. Even though I do have to leave them turned about 90% of the way up with the bass boost off. Even all the way up theyre not too overwhelming loud unless I get shot point blank with akimbo rangers lol. That usually scares the hell out of me.

My roommate has the wireless TB X31's that cost around half price. Their sound quality in my opinion is horrible compared to the 41's but hey ya get what you pay for. When talking to him you can hear your voice echoing back through his headset all the time. He'll tinker with them, get them back to normal and have to repeat about every 20 minutes. I would not recommend these unless you really are pretty much broke.

Another good friend of mine that plays MW2 with us has the TB wired x11's. They are ridiculous. I would'nt take them P.O.S.'s if he gave them to me. I can hear feedback from his wife talking to him from all the way across his house and it sounds like he is screaming when he talks to us. IDK if its a common issue with the x11's or what but his are awful.

Now we have the Trittons. I researched the high end ones before i settled with the TB's. I checked the 720's and AX Pro's out. Read lots of reviews of people saying these headsets are now being made in China and have really been having major dependability issues in the last year or so. However they are the only brand of the 3 that uses true surround. ( T.B. x41, X4,and Astros are emulated surround ) Trittons have 4 speakers in each side. They are the best for straight up sound whoring since the volume can be turned up so loud. But for some reason the overall sound quality is better on the Astro's and T.B. x41's even with these two only having 1 speaker in each side.

I have never heard anything but good from Astro reviews except for them being pricier than the others and the 14 foot of wires getting in the way which is expected. Also heard a few complaints from people saying they dont have enough bass. ( IDK if that is true )

And to the guy saying whatever about TB only being able to be used on xbox. Your a tard. You can buy the cable off of ebay to be able to use them on PS3. It's only a $1 cable. $200 is a lot to spend on a headset but this is the way I see it. I bought a $300 xbox, $200 PS3, $800 TV and have almost $1000 in games. I dont care to spend $200 on something i will be using for probably the next 5 years.
  • 198. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    Meh, i perfer playing without any headphones. I'll be playing the old fashoned way.
  • 199. Re: Wager Matches=Turtle Beaches...Astro's/Tritons are OFFBRAND!
    TehPownzor

GhostlyXBOX wrote:

I would like to buy TB X11/DX11/X31. Which one should I pick?

~Ghostly