7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 4:50 PM by Tontonronton RSS

Can you play split-screen with the PC version of Black Ops ?

xyayx
Is it possible to play split-screen with the PC version of Black Ops ? if the answer is "no" then why not ? thanks
  • Re: Can you play split-screen with the PC version of Black Ops ?
    Im just guessing, but I think that you will not be able to play split screen for the pc. The reason why is because a pc screen is most of the time small so split screen would look weird. I mean yeah it be cool to have split screen but I just dont think its going to happen. They should make it so u can turn split screen on or off. so like if you plug you pc into your tv then u can turn it on. but if you have a small screen you can turn it off.
    Ameriknu
    If I'm not mistaking, David Vonderhaar or Dave Anthony confirmed that the PC will not have split-screen.

It pretty much makes sense as you need a mouse and a keyboard to play. It would be impossible for the second player to play.
    Don't start with the controller thing again. Remember that we are talking about the PC here and the controller is one of the things that set computers and consoles apart.
      Don't start with the controller thing again. Remember that we are talking about the PC here and the controller is one of the things that set computers and consoles apart.

Uhm NOOO, comeone in what age do you live. PC had controllers before most consoles even existed and at this age, the pc even accepts controllers of consoles!

That being said, most games that are released now are fully playable with controller on pc (skyrim, dishonered, FIFA) and the onces that have offline multiplayer also let you play with more persons ON PC with controllers.

It is very stupid that some cross platform games can''t be played with a controller/split sceen on the pc, because the companies already freaking designed the game to do this on the consoles, why in hell take it out when porting to pc?! It is also very funny when some dev guys change some system files of a PC game and unluck these features in a sec..

Now you ask why would you want to play with controllers on a PC and I can give you many reasons, for one that I can take my notebook anywhere with my controllers and just play with friends, but a better statement is: BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED CONSOLES anymore at all, everything can be done on a pc and also with way better graphics.

Another thing some stupid people say is, why split screen my pc screen is so small...Uhm well because you can hookup almost every TV screen to your PC now a days.

What is also nice about pc offline multiplayer gaming is the feature of having multiple screens, so you wouldn't even have to split screen.

So stop being stupid and ignorant talkin about stuff you don't know, first google some and then you will see that there is a very good reason for some questions.

As an answer to the question, no, not at this time, but there will probably be some devs that fix this, just like they did for BO1.

Tontonronton

but player 1 could just use a 360 controller, haven't u ever done that, hell you can play battlefield 3 with a controller as player 1 on pc but i wouldn't recommend it haha, unless your doing air superioty.

still there should be an offline 4 player split screen feature, just like on the consoles. with native 360 controller support for all 4 players, even if player 1 can use a keyboard and mouse doesn't mean he/she has to.

hurricane9
    Does any game have split-screen for PC? For that matter, why would you even play split screen on the PC? Only one person can use the mouse and keyboard.
    [pde]paulkersey

hurricane9 wrote:

Does any game have split-screen for PC? For that matter, why would you even play split screen on the PC? Only one person can use the mouse and keyboard.

Yes there are games that have split-screen for the PC. the PC is versatile and that's the cool thing about it. I doubt this game will have any split screen for the PC.

Ameriknu wrote:

No, ability is what sets computers and consoles apart. The PC has it's own controllers with the 'option' to use an Xbox 360 or PS3 controller. It's not a bad idea for those who only have one PC. I've done it in the past before I got back online.
    MrGuy
    I also have the same concern for the game.  I really hope the console will allow us to do so.

hurricane9 wrote:

Yes, Left 4 Dead 2 does.  I managed to play split screen with my friend (who was using an xbox 360 controller) while I was using my mouse and keyboard.  Thanks to the game's console that is.