21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2010 5:15 AM by Pearcey657 RSS

[READ TREYARCH] VERY BIG DOWNSIDE[IMPORTANT]

harraj128
This game is the best in nearly every way. The only massive downside is the graphics. The multiplayer graphics are somewhat cartoon-like and are outclassed by that of mw2. It resembles WaW graphically which is not a good thing. Treyarch you have to fix this. Please release some graphical updates seperately to people whose computers can take a higher level of graphics.

If you look all over the internet you can see people commenting about the graphics.

Here are some quotes from some sources:

-The graphics are worse
-The sound effects are ****, and I mean really ****, much worse than MW2
-The maps are full of brown mud and dirt, gets tedious

https://www.otcontinued.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=614214

We already know that the graphics for COD Black Ops is not that great when compared to Modern Warfare 2, and there has even been suggestions that World at War has better graphics – I will let you decide that for yourself. You have to wonder why the developer did not polish the graphics up a little?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/10/cod-black-ops-vs-mw2-vs-waw-graphics- compared/

The graphics, while bright, seem almost cartoonie compared to MW2 or even WaW.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/11/call-of-duty-b lack-ops-the-multiplayer-review/1
  • Re: [READ TREYARCH] VERY BIG DOWNSIDE[IMPORTANT]
    koenigcitizen
    I agree.
    I have a 65" 1080P and it looks horrid on PS3. Ugly, horrible, I am not exaggerating. It seriously looks like I am playing original Playstation, a game from 2003. It is just urgh. On a smaller TV say a 26", I am sure it is not a problem.

I really doubt though they can "patch" graphics. We are probably stuck.

Fix the sound though! I spent $400 on sound upgrades two weeks ago, getting ready for this game, and it was a total waste. I cant hear anybody's footsteps but mine! wtf!
    I've been trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about this awesome game, and I just come to the realization:

you guys who complain SUCK at first person shooters, I mean as far as FPS's go MW2 was pretty easy. now that Treyarch has turned up the difficulty and put people (who have skill at these types of games) and non-gamer people (who run around with a noob tube or a sniper rifle and play the QS game) the latter are all pissed, while the true gamer community is very happy with the end result of the game. so instead of wasting time ******** on the forums, maybe try and get better at the game or at least learn to accept that you just aren't good at video games.

koenigcitizen wrote:

I agree.
    I have a 65" 1080P and it looks horrid on PS3. Ugly, horrible, I am not exaggerating. It seriously looks like I am playing original Playstation, a game from 2003. It is just urgh. On a smaller TV say a 26", I am sure it is not a problem.

Thats like zooming into a jpeg at 500% zoom and then complaining that it looks crap. Anything will look poor when blown up that size.

Complaining about the graphics is rather pointless; the multiplayer graphics have been relatively the same since MW1. This'll be due to making sure the game engine can run smoothly and without frame dropping, which isn't too easy given the console's hardware limitations. People who think they're getting laggy framerates are just experiencing high ping latency, the engine works fine.

Disagree all you like, but please do magically code a more efficient 3D engine instead of whining. None of you who complain have any real studio game design or programming experience, and I'm sure it frustrates Treyarch as much as it does I.

As an analogy: it'd be like me watching a football (soccer) game, and complaining that it'd be much easier if they just pick up the ball and run to the goal, so why don't they do it?  Obviously, its because they can't due to built-in limitations - the rules - not that everyone just can't be bothered to do it.
    Anyone thrown a smoke grenade and got up close for a closer look? That's when I had to admit that the multiplayer graphics weren't even close to MW2
    koenigcitizen

Nameplate wrote:

I've been trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about this awesome game, and I just come to the realization:

you guys who complain SUCK at first person shooters, I mean as far as FPS's go MW2 was pretty easy. now that Treyarch has turned up the difficulty and put people (who have skill at these types of games) and non-gamer people (who run around with a noob tube or a sniper rifle and play the QS game) the latter are all pissed, while the true gamer community is very happy with the end result of the game. so instead of wasting time ******** on the forums, maybe try and get better at the game or at least learn to accept that you just aren't good at video games.

I am cosistently in top 3 every match, and my KD ratio is over 2. People complain I hack. I love FPS. My highest killstreak right now is 18.
    jdubv
    The sound in this game is what turns me off to this game sometimes. There is noway in hell someone with Lightweight and Marathon should be able to run around silently.
    koenigcitizen

Digi1982 wrote:

koenigcitizen wrote:

I agree.

Thats like zooming into a jpeg at 500% zoom and then complaining that it looks crap. Anything will look poor when blown up that size.

Wow you fail

MW2 looks awesome on my TV when "when blown up that size".
    Uncharted 1 and 2, and GOW would blow your mind. just to name a few.
    This black ops crap looks like I am playing N64. I am totally serious.

And OMG FIX THIS GODDAMN FORUM. This is ridiculous.

Oh well, I guess I will go vent in "user reviews" on Amazon. And at least that site does not crash.
    k1llsteelr
    Consoles are outdated there lifetime has been extended

Do you know how little GFX and ram consoles have compared to modern PC's  

Black ops has more features running dynamic than MW

SSC will eat the memory

The clients dont run on full tilt the host does

A PS1 has a 640x480 and 1mb graphics if your ps3 displaying this display quality i think you have a problem

OP Your first link the OP also complains about game lag first day after release i cant take this guy seriously without the problems it will still take a while for the server to get statistics and balanced

The second link compares

A WAW SP Level

MW2 MP game

COD BO zombie map (A very big map at that with lots of animations and sounds)

Need i say more

Have you played BO SP i found the graphics and sound enginering is top quality since its running on a small amount of ram on my 360

Suprisingly the PC rollout has tech issues not really suprising being that the amount of different hardware setups there is and the conflicts that come with that
    vagynamite

Nameplate wrote:

your an idiot nameplate, just because you complain does not mean your bad at fps just means you want the game to be better. And since when does everyone hate QSing?? just cause you are shitty and cant snipe for **** doesnt mean ruin it for all the people whove been sniping since cod2
    MajorGameOverplayer

Nameplate wrote:

I wouldn't go so far to say 'umad' when they complain.

I personally have to agree that the graphics aren't that great... but WHO CARES? I certainly do not.

What I'm concerned with is if the game is actually enjoyable to play, and well, IT IS!

GOOD games NEED the latest and greatest in graphics.

GREAT games DO NOT NEED the latest and greatest in graphics to be fun, because their merit alone as a game is very enjoyable. Counterstrike Source has proven that to us time and time again.
    Mantrah

Nameplate wrote:

We're talking about graphics here, not the game dynamics, idiot.
    asianondrums
    i agree with the 3rd comment. everything feels toyish, fake
    TukLakiee
    Wow people that actually care about graphics on an online based FPS just gtfo and play something pretty, cod is using an outdated engine really the consoles are outdated to they cant do much about it, they could alter the graphics to make them better but then everyone would complain because  the fps would be at about 30 and it would ruin the whole style of the game.
    Big_Kid_Fun
    I'm not too concerned about the graphics
    MajorGameOverplayer

TukLakiee wrote:

Wow people that actually care about graphics on an online based FPS just gtfo and play something pretty, cod is using an outdated engine really the consoles are outdated to they cant do much about it, they could alter the graphics to make them better but then everyone would complain because  the fps would be at about 30 and it would ruin the whole style of the game.

Or better yet, join the army and kill REAL people. I hear the graphics in Afghanistan are great.
    Aqib the cod player
    stop complaining about graphics you douche , would you rather have better gameplay or graphics.!!!

And they are  not that bad , i think people are just following others to get thumbs ups etc etc!!!

If you want good graphics , wait for gt5 or crysis 2 , or even play uncharted 2 now!!!

its funny how people get what they want , and then....... want more.
    now I don't play on the PC but here goes...

What the hell are you guys talking about!?  I'm playing on the xbox 360 at 1080p with HDMI on a 52" LCD and the game looks GREAT.

MajorGameOverplayer wrote:

TukLakiee wrote:

Or better yet, join the army and kill REAL people. I hear the graphics in Afghanistan are great.

now that is hilarious
    weird-guy
    I think the graphics are passable.
    daherlihy

Nameplate wrote:

People raise an issue about graphics, and then you tell them they're only complaining about it because they suck at the game?

You're an idiot - there's absolutely no sense in that, so stop trying to swell that over-inflated ego of yours.
    Pearcey657
    Who gives a sh*t about graphics? Honestly? Its the gameplay that counts