1 2 3 Previous Next 2,275 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 11:56 PM by TheGreatestDane RSS

Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.

Mogwai Warrior
It's not my connection and it's not lag that you can see. Some games I'll do awesome and to be quite honest I know it has to do with some sort of lag that the game is not showing you because sometimes guys come up on me first and I know he's got the drop on me, but I still wind up killing him probably when I shouldn't have. Then I have other games when the tide has turned against me. I have had times where the enemy is running up a hill and the only reason I know he is there is because I can see his red gamertag at the top of his head, so I already have my sights aimed on him, but I die first. I then look at the kill cam and from his point of view he is already fully up the hill and it looks like I'm just staring at him not doing a damn thing. I've had times where I have glanced out a window for no more than a second, but on the kill cam it looks like I am just walking in front of the window and then I'm just standing there. This game is just so inconsistent. Some good games, some bad. When this game is not laggy it's the best COD yet, but when it's bad it's probably the most frustrating online game I have ever played.

Posted by p0rk torNad0:

I have the exactly same problem OP...some games it feels like I'm a step ahead of EVERYONE on the other team and I drop them the moment they poke their head out with maybe a single return shot grazing me. I'll have an overall good game, hit detection feels accurate and crisp, and my KD will be 3+.

Then there's games where it feels like I'm a step behind EVERYONE on the other team. It takes more bullets in general to kill people, I get owned by people I blatantly got the drop on. I eat the dirt the moment I round a corner without even seeing someone. Hit detection is delayed or non existent. Etc. etc.

Yea sometimes you're facing a better team and things happen but going from 3+ KD to .5 or lower in the next lobby and nothing seems to be going your way....yea something is definitely up. It's not even a fluke, it fluctuates like this from game to game every day, all day.

I go from spot on shots dropping people like they're supposed to, to emptying half a clip into someones brain bucket before they turn around, shoot me twice, and I keel over.
  • 1. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    Albophobic

Mogwai Warrior wrote:

It's not my connection and it's not lag that you can see. Some games I'll do awesome and to be quite honest I know it has to do with some sort of lag that the game is not showing you because sometimes guys come up on me first and I know he's got the drop on me, but I still wind up killing him probably when I shouldn't have. Then I have other games when the tide has turned against me. I have had times where the enemy is running up a hill and the only reason I know he is there is because I can see his red gamertag at the top of his head, so I already have my sights aimed on him, but I die first. I then look at the kill cam and from his point of view he is already fully up the hill and it looks like I'm just staring at him not doing a damn thing. I've had times where I have glanced out a window for no more than a second, but on the kill cam it looks like I am just walking in front of the window and then I'm just standing there. This game is just so inconsistent. Some good games, some bad. When this game is not laggy it's the best COD yet, but when it's bad it's probably the most frustrating online game I have ever played.

The same **** happens to me all the time. The thing that makes it so ridiculous for me is that I am host about 90% of the games I play. I am amazed at how when I'm host, whatever everyone else's connections thinks should happen, happens.
  • 2. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    John Rambo 09
    being host sucks, i played CTF with a few of my friends on the other team and they kept asking my why i was shooting behind them. One of them had time to climb out of a window and hit the ground then stab me when i still saw him in the window. ( I really love it when the 12 year old that lag kils you tries to "teabag" me after he does it too). next game he was host and rage quit because i people where killing him so easy
  • 3. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    Albophobic

John Rambo 09 wrote:

being host sucks, i played CTF with a few of my friends on the other team and they kept asking my why i was shooting behind them. One of them had time to climb out of a window and hit the ground then stab me when i still saw him in the window. ( I really love it when the 12 year old that lag kils you tries to "teabag" me after he does it too). next game he was host and rage quit because i people where killing him so easy

I know how you feel man. It's ridiculous. Black Ops has the worst net code I have ever seen in a multi-player game.
  • 4. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    every CoD has the same problem
  • 5. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    SevereCondition
    that is why wi fi is not the way to go
  • 6. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.

monster wafflez wrote:

every CoD has the same problem

Not unless you had a two-bar connection or worse. I remember having a four-bar connection in one game (not host), and I turned a corner and emptied about half a clip into a guy (rapid fire). Not one bullet registered and he dropped me in an instant. He had a consistent three-bar throughout the entire match yet in the killcam it showed me not firing a single shot and him shooting the second I turned that corner.
  • 7. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    yea this game still has a lot of issues. I really dont see much getting done about it
  • 8. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    Albophobic

SevereCondition wrote:

that is why wi fi is not the way to go

This happens to people that are HOSTING the game.
  • 9. Re: Some games I'm a full second behind what my enemy sees.
    I hate this issue with the game. Everything else is perfect(aside of the sway).  You can go on Youtube and find so many videos showing how BS the Hit Detection is in this game.  It isn't our connection.  I have a video of me getting knifed from 5 feet away.  It's ridiculous. You can't say the video shows different, because I was host of the game and that crap still tends to happen.  I have seen people shooting their sniper rifle clearly taking their time and missing spot on shots.  I also see videos where a guy is getting kills using only i 3 round burst of the M16 and I try to do the same and it takes 3-4 full bursts to even graze an enemy.  And I have a 4 bar connection and sometimes even host. 

I just hope it gets fixed soon.

here are some links to videos showcasing how BS it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szi-zSnNnGs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=357c42EqsOE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6mrkH6grWA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigg27Kg4G8
    Here's the knife kill:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDpsvlo1fvU
1 2 3 Previous Next