1 2 3 Previous Next 90 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2010 6:53 PM by tommelom3 RSS

Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds. VAHN RESPONDS

GoldonArRow
http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100346952
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar

Vahn's Twitter wrote:

Looking for thoughtful PS3 community member who is available to help me with something today. First to @reply who I recognize.

Vahn, who is more into the patches in MP than JD, is playing on the PS3 now with many community members to try and fix all of the connection issues.

I suggest you children develop the virtue of PATIENCE, not only will it help you HERE, but it will help you in real life.

This is better than Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling, that's for sure.  Who him and his crack-team at IW released a total of what...4 patches?  The last one for MW2 7 months before the game died? 

You see that number in the top right corner in the MP main menu?  That's the version number, every time I log in it changes.  That means they are patching the game in little bits along with the big patches.

Also, these patches don't come in 2 days, they take a month of developing, testing, etc.  So they don't release even more buggy circumstances.

Vahn even posted in here, if you're so lazy here is the post:

What's changed is the scale and size of gaming, online gaming, "connected" gamers, and the direct interaction developers can have with players and players can have with other players.

The oldest, most popular online games have always had updates. Ultimate Online. Counter Strike. And the dozens if not hundreds of great online games that have come before Black Ops. We routinely have over a million people across 4 platforms playing MP. In those "good ole days" it was 30,000 on dedicated servers for PC and if you broke 80,000 you thought you were hot ****.

Sorry mate, but what you are saying is just not remotely accurate.

Many of the issues people face are very real. But let's be super honest about this. You don't really come online to the forums or yell at us on Twitter if you don't have problems and you are enjoying the game every day.

> Sure, it's fun to play, but it's unbearable most of the time.

You admit it's fun to play. That's great. It's not unbearable for everyone. It's probably unbearable for many forum users or you would be playing instead of posting about how miserable you are. We genuinely believe that many of you who hang out on the forums (yet are having problems) generally care about the game or you would of already taken it back, broke your disk, sold it on EBay, and wouldn't be posting in the forums.

What seems like a common issue is only common because of the scale of the population playing. I logged 2 straight days on a crappy 384k up/down DSL with both open and moderate NATs and never once got the #1 complained about PS3 issue. I was actually starting to get frustrated that I couldn't get the problem to happen. I had to check myself.

My main point is that all successful online games need updates. In fact, it is the updates that make them successful. See: Counter Strike 1.0 to 1.6.

Common problems may not be as common as you think. Your perception of them is directly related to the size of the community you are engaged with and how like-minded they are. The forums are very like minded.

Most importantly, the biggest issues can get fixed if we are working together.

I'm not sure what else I can do but keep trying to educate the community and keep working on the game. Be polite and get the same courtesy. Help us make the game better for everyone and you might help yourself along the way.

Cheers,

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

• 1. Re: Can you 12 year olds read?
    Brian.+
    Amen. Will do no good because people don't take the time to read. They expect everything to happen in seconds.

The community for this game is completely retarded.
  • 2. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds.
    JoshOlinIsGay
    hate to do this but...

According to Dan Suarez, Vonderhaar was held 100% responsible to what's going on right now because he assured that the game was ready before it was approved for release.

So at least don't blame me if I grew impatient that I couldn't play this game normally for the last 3 weeks.
  • 3. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds.
    JoshOlinIsGay
    funny how this forum couldn't even manage to work right.
  • 4. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds.
    XxReggieKushxX

GoldonArRow wrote:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100346952
    http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar

Vahn's Twitter wrote:

Looking for thoughtful PS3 community member who is available to help me with something today. First to @reply who I recognize.

Vahn, who is more into the patches in MP than JD, is playing on the PS3 now with many community members to try and fix all of the connection issues.

I suggest you children develop the virtue of PATIENCE, not only will it help you HERE, but it will help you in real life.

This is better than Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling, that's for sure.  Who him and his crack-team at IW released a total of what...4 patches?  The last one for MW2 7 months before the game died? 

You see that number in the top right corner in the MP main menu?  That's the version number, every time I log in it changes.  That means they are patching the game in little bits along with the big patches.

Also, these patches don't come in 2 days, they take a month of developing, testing, etc.  So they don't release even more buggy circumstances.

For god's sake...

Excellent post. You can't please all the people, all the time.

I also only remember 2 patches for MW2. The last patch was oh......back in......April-May?

That was also partly due to Robert "Stealth Clown" Bowling REFUSING to acknowledge the booster problem, the commando problem, and all the other 100 problems incorporated with the most noob-friendly COD.
  • 5. Re: Can you 12 year olds read?
    TurboTim

Brian.+ wrote:

Amen. Will do no good because people don't take the time to read. They expect everything to happen in seconds.

Not 12 - over 40. Possibly retarded...But

I am concerned for the 12 year olds though because guys like you fail to acknowledge issues like this -

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100348892

while blindsiding them into thinking a product incapable of doing what it was sold to do is ok. At least where I am it breaches the trade practices act.

My belief is get it right before you release it,(GT5) or at least have the courtesy to warn your customers of the known issues at purchase point.

Especially when these issues have the potential to wreck your console, regardless of if it is directly or indirectly. IMO only
  • 6. Re: Can you 12 year olds read?
    XxReggieKushxX

TurboTim wrote:

Brian.+ wrote:

Not 12 - over 40. Possibly retarded...But

I am concerned for the 12 year olds though because guys like you fail to acknowledge issues like this -

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100348892

while blindsiding them into thinking a product incapable of doing what it was sold to do is ok. At least where I am it breaches the trade practices act.

My belief is get it right before you release it,(GT5) or at least have the courtesy to warn your customers of the known issues at purchase point.

Especially when these issues have the potential to wreck your console, regardless of if it is directly or indirectly. IMO only

Good post.

And I am being directly serious when I ask this, as you seem to have some knowledge on "patriot acts" and whatnots....

But as buyers, is there anything we could do in a group effort (NOT starting those lameass "petition" threads that immediately go nowhere), that could hurt Treyarch/Activision for screwing us over like this, and taking their sweet time on making these fixes?

PS. I noticed JD_2020 made it to #25 on the leaderboards on Zombies-Five for having the most points.
    He should be spending his fcking time fixing his game. Not shooting zombies with 10 year old kids.
  • 7. Re: Can you 12 year olds read?
    TurboTim

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

And I am being directly serious when I ask this, as you seem to have some knowledge on "patriot acts" and whatnots....

But as buyers, is there anything we could do in a group effort (NOT starting those lameass "petition" threads that immediately go nowhere), that could hurt Treyarch/Activision for screwing us over like this, and taking their sweet time on making these fixes?

PS. I noticed JD_2020 made it to #25 on the leaderboards on Zombies-Five for having the most points.
    He should be spending his fcking time fixing his game. Not shooting zombies with 10 year old kids.

[/quote]

Gday from Australia Reggie- see you got a hard time about your name yesterday.    Ignore em I say

Regarding the acts I think I quoted the wrong one anyway as I am not an expert, just a bloke who wants a fair go. I think it is Fair Trading not trade practices act here in Australia and as I said in that long winded post ( http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100348892 ) the responsibility for us is to return the game to where we bought it. In that post there should be enough proof that they have to refund your money. If enough people do this in Australia and/or lodge a complaint with their government fair trading watchdog, the developers will by law (here at least) have to recall the product if it can be substantiated that the hard freeze resets can cause damage to the console. Makes sense.

In a slightly hypocritical fashion I intend probably to wait for a string of threads saying hooray its all fixed. I don't intend to play it in the meantime as I have MOH and several other games that were properly tested before they were released and don't threaten my console. If they cannot address it I will definitely lodge complaints with the government authorities, as in plain english- it just aint right.

Oh yeah- food for thought. First ten days of sales, over 4.7 million sales at $80 odd Australian is Aus$376 000 000 or US$364 million + in gross sales. Do you reckon they can afford to find the fixes? Its an embarrassing disgrace for them I think.
  • 8. Re: Can you 12 year olds read?
    XxReggieKushxX

TurboTim wrote:

XxReggieKushxX wrote:

Gday from Australia Reggie- see you got a hard time about your name yesterday.    Ignore em I say

Regarding the acts I think I quoted the wrong one anyway as I am not an expert, just a bloke who wants a fair go. I think it is Fair Trading not trade practices act here in Australia and as I said in that long winded post ( http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100348892 ) the responsibility for us is to return the game to where we bought it. In that post there should be enough proof that they have to refund your money. If enough people do this in Australia and/or lodge a complaint with their government fair trading watchdog, the developers will by law (here at least) have to recall the product if it can be substantiated that the hard freeze resets can cause damage to the console. Makes sense.

In a slightly hypocritical fashion I intend probably to wait for a string of threads saying hooray its all fixed. I don't intend to play it in the meantime as I have MOH and several other games that were properly tested before they were released and don't threaten my console. If they cannot address it I will definitely lodge complaints with the government authorities, as in plain english- it just aint right.

Oh yeah- food for thought. First ten days of sales, over 4.7 million sales at $80 odd Australian is Aus$376 000 000 or US$364 million + in gross sales. Do you reckon they can afford to find the fixes? Its an embarrassing disgrace for them I think.[/quote]

Ah, yeah I saw your post in another thread. I forgot you were in Australia....

Doesn't really shine any light on what we, as Americans can do about this travesty. The only reason I haven't returned the game yet, is because a few of my good friends that live a few hours away from me, bought this game and play it. I also love Zombies. I've been a Zombie maniac since WaW.

And you saw the small children bashing my name eh? Haha, I could give a SHlT less about some little kids opinion of part of a lyric in a rap song, that his parents won't allow him to listen to.

Youngbloodz released a song called "Presidential Shlt", and "Reggie Kush" is one of the references.

(something something something) Reggie Kush. Presidential Shlt. George Bush.

I thought Reggie Kush was clever to use as an actual name, being that it is a Marijuana reference. I actually get little kids asking questions in lobbies, along the lines of "Is that your real name?" or "Your last name is Kush?".
  • 9. Re: Patience is a Virtue, you whiny 12 year olds.
    Sam_A_1992
    fair enough with the patches and i am being patient but what about the sub par graphics and the lack of multiple account sign ins? will that be patched? as that is more important than anything else to me.
1 2 3 Previous Next