14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 3:30 AM by k1llsteelr RSS

Board problems staying logged in?

Hello,

Sorry for slightly off-topic spam.

After the recent forum upgrades, I was having problems staying logged in. Others were reporting that problem as well.

I primary use Firefox (3.6.12 - and updated every time they make a new version) on Windows Vista while at work.

Then it occurred to me that cookies could get be pretty trashed if you distributed the servers on a CDN.

In Firefox:
Tools. Options. Privacy. Remove individual cookies. I then deleted all www.callofduty.com cookies. Restarted browser. Did age gate. Re-logged in. I'm now able to post and I stay logged in.

Please Google your browser and OS for how to remove individual cookies. I do not advise deleting all cookies.

Just thought I would share that this seemed to have really helped me, so maybe it can help you.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar
  • Re: Board problems staying logged in?
    doobapdoowa
    Can't post from Google chrome, but with Firefox it works fine for me since I removed all www.callofduty.com cookies.
    XxReggieKushxX
    I was waiting for you to say "Only a small number of people have this problem", "In rare cases", or "It's on your end".
    averybigman
    ya someone came up with this solutin a while ago.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100347603
    kastro187420
    You only have to delete the "cod_user_id_cookie" to get it to work again. That one is the problem cookie. Please pass this problem onto the web-dev team. I can delete the cookie myself in under 10 seconds, but its still an inconvenience.
    Brian.+
    Double click the callofduty.com cookie and delete cod_user_id_cookie

Problem solved.
    ball ache2008
    I have sorted it out for mine but the question asks why do we have to do this anyway. Do we have a date for a forum fix or is it simply a case of this being the fix as it stands?
    NotOfThisEarth
    unable to reply in Opera 10.63+ aswell. having to use IE.
    otisman666
    I am still having an issue with the forums just refreshing everytime I go to post or quote in a thread.  I use XP/Pro and Google Chrome.  It is weird though, everytime I get a "Website is too busy" message I will be able to post again once I can get back in.  But then it mysteriously stops working a few hours later.

BTW, I never get logged out.  I mean NEVER.  I even try manually logging out and when I go to new screen, I am automatically logged back in.  I wonder if this is part of the problem?

Thanks for the tips though guys, I will try the cookie thing.
    otisman666
    Man, I wish I had the "sign-out" problem.  I run into the "page refreshing" issue almost every morning.  Basically when I go to reply to a thread, the page just refreshes and doesn't bring up the posting box.  Sometime during the day things will change (usually after I get a "site is too busy" screen) and I will be able to post for a bit.
  • I APPRECIATE THIS GAME AND U GUYS!!!
    I just wanted to say I really appreciate the hard work u guys have done with this game, and the hard work u guys are still doing to make this game better for everyone. I know its IMPOSSIBLE to please EVERYONE, there is just no way in doing it. I haven't been a gamer for that long, roughly since 6/7 months ago. I am a recovering drug addict and have 14 months clean and haven't played video games since i was a kid, until recently. I was always at a friends house who loves cod, and have been gaming every since. I play everyday and just love it, very cool graphics, intense, and just plain fun. The point of this message is I don't get on the forums a whole lot, I get on every few days to look at the updates and like to know whats going on and whats going to be updated, and just wanted to show u guys a little courage and hope that not everyone complains about this game, or wants to give u guys a hard time, and just talk trash. I hate when I see threads like that, because as much as they want to hate on u guys, like u said on one of ur post, if they didn't like the game they wouldn't spend so much time on the forums with their concerns, and if it wasn't for u guys, there would be no Black Ops. So I thank all of u. Also, I do like sniping and I know this whole ordeal about the quick scoping issue is crazy. I agree it was cheap in MW2 and that whole game seemed way to easy, as for Black Ops recoil is realistic and the sniping ya I would like to be able to get better accuracy on a quick drag scope or a quick zoom in, but I'm not going to complain if u guys don't change anything at all, even though I seen where u guys are making a subtle increase on accuracy. Either way, I respect ur decisions. It'd be cool to hear from u, Ive never gotten to talk to a developer before, or anyone who makes video games, but if u cant, because of being busy and time, I totally understand. Much respect to all of u guys, have fun, safe weekend!

-Joshua T. Shaw
    kastro187420

otisman666 wrote:

Man, I wish I had the "sign-out" problem.  I run into the "page refreshing" issue almost every morning.  Basically when I go to reply to a thread, the page just refreshes and doesn't bring up the posting box.  Sometime during the day things will change (usually after I get a "site is too busy" screen) and I will be able to post for a bit.

If you need to sign out, delete all your cookies manually. That should accomplish it and let you re-login.

Personally, I have an add-on for firefox that lets me just right click and select 'Page Info' to bring up my cookies for the web page, then I can delete the ones I need to from there.
    chargers84

doobapdoowa wrote:

Can't post from Google chrome, but with Firefox it works fine for me since I removed all www.callofduty.com cookies.

here's how to do it with chrome:

1. open chrome and click on the wrench in the upper right hand corner by the adress bar.

2. click on options

3. click on the under the hood tab when the options open

4. under privacy click on content settings

5. click on show cookies and other site data

6. find the cookies under www.callofduty.com not to be confused with the cookies in callofduty.com

7. click on www.callofduty.com and look for the cookie that says user_id_ or something along those lines

8. delete that cookie

9. your good to go
    BruceCage

Vahn wrote:

Tools. Options. Privacy. Remove individual cookies. I then deleted all www.callofduty.com cookies. Restarted browser. Did age gate. Re-logged in. I'm now able to post and I stay logged in.

The only cookie that needs to be deleted is the cod_user_id_cookie. I seem to need to do this every time I restart my session.

But if everybody, including Treyarch developers, is experiencing the issue, why hasn't anybody from the web team fixed it?

That's their job isn't it?
    k1llsteelr
    http://community.callofduty.com/message/104078358#104078358

Workaround that hopefully stops you having to delete the cookie