5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 5:17 AM by DsXDerp RSS

new console freezing only when black ops in drive????

imprezivsti04
well, my old console got the red ring finally, so i went out and bought the new fancy black console.  i set the console up, recovered my gamertag.  now when i turn the console on with black ops in the drive the xbox freezes.  it will not get past the white screen with the xbox logo.  if i open the disc drive, it will operate properly.  it will operate properly with all other games....but if black ops is in the drive, even if i start the console with an empty drive, then insert black ops, it freezes.  the disc is pretty much brand new, no scratches, fingerprints, etc....

anyone had a similar experience?
  • Re: new console freezing only when black ops in drive????
    Trout 19

imprezivsti04 wrote:

well, my old console got the red ring finally, so i went out and bought the new fancy black console.  i set the console up, recovered my gamertag.  now when i turn the console on with black ops in the drive the xbox freezes.  it will not get past the white screen with the xbox logo.  if i open the disc drive, it will operate properly.  it will operate properly with all other games....but if black ops is in the drive, even if i start the console with an empty drive, then insert black ops, it freezes.  the disc is pretty much brand new, no scratches, fingerprints, etc....

The PS3 players were reporting something similar.  Try placing the game on the hard drive (if possible) to see if that helps.  As a quick troubleshoot, rent a copy of BO and see if the same thing happens.  At least you will know if it is the disc or the console.
    imprezivsti04

Trout 19 wrote:

imprezivsti04 wrote:

The PS3 players were reporting something similar.  Try placing the game on the hard drive (if possible) to see if that helps.  As a quick troubleshoot, rent a copy of BO and see if the same thing happens.  At least you will know if it is the disc or the console.

good idea, ill try renting the game, or borrowing it from someone...
    install it to the hard drive.  Should solve the problem if it's just freezing.
    Capn_Crunch
    Had it freeze today on my 360.  First time ever happened.  I don't have it installed on my hard drive, but if it does it again I'll try that.