1 2 3 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 1:25 AM by RunAndGun1 RSS

Why Quickscoping is good

jeebs-1337
Many of you have been posting all the reasons why quickscoping has ruined the game and how the recent patch has been a disaster. On the contrary, the recent patch has made the game more balanced and it shouldn't stop there, SoH pro should come back for snipers. The reasons for this are that:

1. Without quickscoping snipers are only good at long-medium distances and on black ops the maps aren't as huge and open as in MW 2 which makes regular sniping much harder. This leads to a lack of use of sniper rifles and along with the fact LMGs and shotguns aren't used very much it leads to a very one dimensional game with only SMGs and assault rifles being used.
2. Some of the better players find just playing the game regularly so giving them a challenge by quickscoping means the game appeals to more people. Also it isn't overpowered as for every amazing kill you see in a montage there are probably 10 other times when the person completely misses and dies. Even the top quickscopers have barely positive K/Ds. Most people seem to think montages are how people usually play, which is wrong. When people get lucky kills with normal guns people don't really care but when it happens with a sniper, people seem to think it is overpowered, which is an unfair view.
3. Snipers even with quickscoping will never be as good as an SMG or even an Assault rifle as there is no ability to spray and if you miss you are dead. Even at mid ranges with a sniper if you see someone with an assault rifle at the same time as you see them you will most probably die.

So I think that all this talk about the patch ruining the game is ridiculous and people need to stop being so petty. Quickscoping was a fun element of the game and not at all overpowered, it just made snipers usable and even then just about, which is why in MW 2, even with SoH pro people still used a variety of weapons
  • 1. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    Double-Tapz
    You know you can still play MW2 right?
  • 2. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    Da BladeMasterz
    Aww man...
    Stop making these threads, please.
  • 3. Re: Why Quickscoping is good

Double-Tapz wrote:

Zing!
  • 4. Re: Why Quickscoping is good

Double-Tapz wrote:

lol luk at me im so smrat i cn go 2 qs topik n jus writ dis n evey1 wil fink im kool lmfao i luv bein so whitie

Seriously dude, SERIOUSLY? The OP isn't even complaining. He's saying it's now fine!
  • 5. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    06kev12
    As you can see, most people hate QS. I will say it isn't as bad as MW2, but it sucks.

Here's my opinion on it:
    People like you think that sniping is some type of elite class and you are better than the avergare player. Unfortunately you need QS to get kills. By running around and taking quickshots. This is NOT what sniping is about. It is about finding a little hiding spot, finding an enemy, lining up that shot and killing them. This was how sniping was in the game prior to the patch. The good players were able to get kills this way. The bad players just made thread after thread whining about QS (you).

I've found that there are a few more snipers in the games now, which is good. I love finding that moron trying to QS and just walking up behind him and getting a nice headshot from pointblank. Oh and SMGs have no problem taking out snipers from very long distances as well. See ya!         
  • 6. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    06kev12

• 7. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    LOL. If they give SoH back to snipers, I will stick a fork in Black Ops. Forget that. Next thing you know, they'll let killstreak kills count towards your next killstreaks. Might as well sell us a map pack with Favela, Derail, and Scrapyard in it at that point. (And millions would still buy that map pack, too!)
  • 8. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    donnietrey24
    people hate campers and quick scopers, so to make everyone that hates campers and quick scopers they would have to completely take out snipers. And a lot of people think it takes no skill and its all luck, your wrong it takes way more skill to QS than it does to drop shot or spray the crap out of people. yall only hate QSers because they have more skill than you and that they have the balls to try to make a challenge for themselves. thats why when you get QSed you get mad because it shows how much you suck at the game. Oh and for everyone that thinks Black Ops sucks, its barely been out just a few weeks so you cant compare it to MW2 or COD4 which have been out for along time. just give Treyarch more time to fix the bugs and if you dont like it then go make your own game and shut the h*ll up you haters.
  • 9. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    jeebs-1337

06kev12 wrote:

As you can see, most people hate QS. I will say it isn't as bad as MW2, but it sucks.

Here's my opinion on it:
    People like you think that sniping is some type of elite class and you are better than the avergare player. Unfortunately you need QS to get kills. By running around and taking quickshots. This is NOT what sniping is about. It is about finding a little hiding spot, finding an enemy, lining up that shot and killing them. This was how sniping was in the game prior to the patch. The good players were able to get kills this way. The bad players just made thread after thread whining about QS (you).

I've found that there are a few more snipers in the games now, which is good. I love finding that moron trying to QS and just walking up behind him and getting a nice headshot from pointblank. Oh and SMGs have no problem taking out snipers from very long distances as well. See ya!         

You said it yourself SMGs can take out snipers at long range, this shows how bad sniping actually is, therefore quickscoping is not bad as it would be the one redeeming feature of sniping. Also you say good players find a hiding spot and get lots of kills, the fact is a great sniper doing this will not get anywhere near the amount of kills as a good SMGer and so quickscoping is that little grace to make people use a sniper. Also to let you know i don't snipe regularly but i think that quickscoping was a good thing, it added a new dynamic to the game, but poor players who get killed by even the poor quickscopers who miss nearly all their shots (you) think that because you died to it, it should be removed from the game.
1 2 3 Previous Next