1 2 3 4 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2013 1:25 AM by RunAndGun1 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Why Quickscoping is good

    donnietrey24 wrote:

     

    people hate campers and quick scopers, so to make everyone that hates campers and quick scopers they would have to completely take out snipers. And a lot of people think it takes no skill and its all luck, your wrong it takes way more skill to QS than it does to drop shot or spray the crap out of people. yall only hate QSers because they have more skill than you and that they have the balls to try to make a challenge for themselves. thats why when you get QSed you get mad because it shows how much you suck at the game. Oh and for everyone that thinks Black Ops sucks, its barely been out just a few weeks so you cant compare it to MW2 or COD4 which have been out for along time. just give Treyarch more time to fix the bugs and if you dont like it then go make your own game and shut the h*ll up you haters.



    I don't mind when snipers camp (real snipers, not QSers) because that's what sniping entails. A sniper is camping in a window or a rafter to hold down a flag or take advantage of his rifle by shooting enemies too far away to see him/shoot back effectively. A camper is hiding in a building watching a doorway because that's the only way he can get kills. There's a difference. Anyway, a good sniper will constantly rotate through his positions anyway so he doesn't get de-camped.

    And will you guys knock off the "but it takes skill!" nonsense, already? So what? Juggling chainsaws takes skill. Probably more skill than quickscoping. But like quickscoping, it's stupid. Nobody cares that it takes skill except other quickscopers. It ruins a major aspect of the game, skill or not.
  • 11. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    Tastybuilder
    First thing, snipers are built for long range so quick scoping if stupid
    Second, its not sniping this whole QS stuff, its using a Sniper Rifle as an Assault Rifle making QS'ers as bad as the bloke that sprays with the AK74u. QS only took skill in COD4
    and Third if you pick up a L96A1 in real life you really need a bi-pod or good life insurance to cover a broken shoulder
  • 12. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    06kev12

    jeebs-1337 wrote:

     

    06kev12 wrote:

     

    As you can see, most people hate QS. I will say it isn't as bad as MW2, but it sucks.

    Here's my opinion on it:
    People like you think that sniping is some type of elite class and you are better than the avergare player. Unfortunately you need QS to get kills. By running around and taking quickshots. This is NOT what sniping is about. It is about finding a little hiding spot, finding an enemy, lining up that shot and killing them. This was how sniping was in the game prior to the patch. The good players were able to get kills this way. The bad players just made thread after thread whining about QS (you).

    I've found that there are a few more snipers in the games now, which is good. I love finding that moron trying to QS and just walking up behind him and getting a nice headshot from pointblank. Oh and SMGs have no problem taking out snipers from very long distances as well. See ya!         



    You said it yourself SMGs can take out snipers at long range, this shows how bad sniping actually is, therefore quickscoping is not bad as it would be the one redeeming feature of sniping. Also you say good players find a hiding spot and get lots of kills, the fact is a great sniper doing this will not get anywhere near the amount of kills as a good SMGer and so quickscoping is that little grace to make people use a sniper. Also to let you know i don't snipe regularly but i think that quickscoping was a good thing, it added a new dynamic to the game, but poor players who get killed by even the poor quickscopers who miss nearly all their shots (you) think that because you died to it, it should be removed from the game.




    No, it shows how bad the game designing has gotten. SMGs should not have good accuracy at long range. Nor should people be able to hip-fire a sniper rifle. Unfortunatley if these features aren't in a game, you get what happens on this boards. Thread after thread of complaints. Just like QS. Sniper rifles should be for sniping. SMGs for close quarters. The entire system is unbalanced, but if a game developer designed a somewhat accurate game that what based on real life, everyone would hate it. If you get to QS then I will take you out with a SMG from a football field distance away. Balanced!
  • 13. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    *insertnamehere*
    You wanna hear a story? Well me and my 6 man party are playing TDM, on a 50 game win streak we had over the course of 1 & 1/2 days. Now we all know how this game likes to kick people. Well it decides to kick my friend Gman, so now its 5V6 and guess who gets put on our team... *sigh* you guessed it, Mr."1337OpTiCF***tard" going 2-15. We lose 7400-7500. guess what would've helped us win... IF QUICK SCOPING STAYED PATCHED ! I'm sick and tired of people trying and failing to quick scope, best just to snip it in the bud.
  • 14. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    Spursfan14

    *insertnamehere* wrote:

     

    You wanna hear a story? Well me and my 6 man party are playing TDM, on a 50 game win streak we had over the course of 1 & 1/2 days. Now we all know how this game likes to kick people. Well it decides to kick my friend Gman, so now its 5V6 and guess who gets put on our team... *sigh* you guessed it, Mr."1337OpTiCF***tard" going 2-15. We lose 7400-7500. guess what would've helped us win... IF QUICK SCOPING STAYED PATCHED ! I'm sick and tired of people trying and failing to quick scope, best just to snip it in the bud.


    If you had 6 guys who've won 50 games straight then 5 of them  should be able to cope with going +14 in total. There is no way you won 50 games straight if you can't. I'm calling BS on you.
  • 15. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    bestin_2
    The main problem i have with sniping is the amount of hitmarkers i get, i don't normally quickscope i hold my breath for a sec before firing and i still get tags with a bloody sniper.
  • 16. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    spoogizzakom

    *insertnamehere* wrote:

     

    You wanna hear a story? Well me and my 6 man party are playing TDM, on a 50 game win streak we had over the course of 1 & 1/2 days. Now we all know how this game likes to kick people. Well it decides to kick my friend Gman, so now its 5V6 and guess who gets put on our team... *sigh* you guessed it, Mr."1337OpTiCF***tard" going 2-15. We lose 7400-7500. guess what would've helped us win... IF QUICK SCOPING STAYED PATCHED ! I'm sick and tired of people trying and failing to quick scope, best just to snip it in the bud.


    And if it was the way it was before the 12/14 patch, he would've went 1-20, and you would've lost even worse.
    Quick scoping benefits everyone, believe it or not.
  • 17. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    LockNTwist
    I'm really confused by the anti-QS people. You complain that it's cheap and shouldn't be allowed, that it's an exploit of the system. Then you complain about people dying all the time on your team trying to do it. Make up your mind! Obviously it takes some level of skill if people are that terrible who try it. I love to play sniper classes, and I did so before the patch, but mainly because I just wanted to prove that it was possible to do good in what is obviously a very anti sniper game. There are maybe 3 maps with useful places to snipe from, and even then, SMG users can pick you off before you even find them in the scope, so don't complain to me that people aren't "sniping/hardscoping" like they should. They really can't. Also, the pre-patch sniper system was crap. Sometimes you'd find yourself firing three or more on target shots at people without getting a single hit, because of the BS anti QS stuff. I honestly cannot quickscope people, nor will I try. But if you run straight at me as I'm moving between shots, and I scope in on you and hit you, you should die. First because you either suck or were trying to humiliate me by teabagging/knifing, second, because of the same reason you'd get pissed if you fired on target at someone across the map with your high recoil SMG and the bullets just didn't do anything/went flying off in crazy directions after a set distance, which is the exact thing that happened to us, albeit reversed in range. Pre patch I died plenty of times when someone ran right at me from a path I was watching because I unscoped to look at radar and then scoped in, but the game treated that as a qscope.

    BTW, the L96A1 is the only gun I have a over 1 KDR on (yeah, I'm a bad player, just barely over 1 total KDR, get over it) that I have actually used as part of a class for an extended period of time. HARDSCOPING, with the freaking ridiculous 2 second scope in time thing. It needed to change to make the snipers useful when you weren't in the big open space on Array.
  • 18. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    UKBrandonKnight
    I am a sniper, and also a Quickscoper (since COD2)
    If they brought back SoH pro, people would have a real reason to say Qscoping is OP.
    This is because the guns in this game are much weaker than any other, so the sniper would **** every other gun in the game. If they brought back SoH pro, Sniping would be so unappealing to me as there would be way less challenge to it. MW2 needed SoH pro because the other guns were so powerful and killed so fast that without it, snipers stood very little chance.
  • 19. Re: Why Quickscoping is good
    manateewarrior
    No allowing SoH for snipers would make them over powered like in MW2 because it allowed the user to spam shots even with a bolt action and made the time when the cross hairs to pop up much more predictable, speed scoping in cod4 in the most legit way to speed scope.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next