11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2010 1:06 PM by outofthebox6 RSS

"Ascension" Possible Location(s)

mikery009
Now, if the typical Zombie formula stands with the new upcoming map "Ascension", one would believe it would be in an "English speaking" country.

The reason I have said this is pretty straightforward:

Nacht der Untoten - German; (Most likely) Takes place in Germany.
Verruckt - German; Takes place in a German asylum
Shi no Numa - Japanese; Takes place in a swamp in Japan
Der Riese - German; Takes place in a secret "Nazi Factory" in Germany (now Poland)
Kino Der Toten - German; Takes place at a German cinema.

Ascension - English; Possibly takes place in the U.S.A. or the U.K.

Now this theory is very dull and does not lack the intelligence some other theories, but I think this one only needs common sence to relay the message that I am delivering
  • Re: "Ascension" Possible Location(s)
    drop dead

mikery009 wrote:

Now, if the typical Zombie formula stands with the new upcoming map "Ascension", one would believe it would be in an "English speaking" country.

The reason I have said this is pretty straightforward:

Nacht der Untoten - German; (Most likely) Takes place in Germany.
    Verruckt - German; Takes place in a German asylum
    Shi no Numa - Japanese; Takes place in a swamp in Japan
    Der Riese - German; Takes place in a secret "Nazi Factory" in Germany (now Poland)
    Kino Der Toten - German; Takes place at a German cinema.

Ascension - English; Possibly takes place in the U.S.A. or the U.K.

Now this theory is very dull and does not lack the intelligence some other theories, but I think this one only needs common sence to relay the message that I am delivering

i hope for area 51 man!!!
    my money is on Ascension Island, which had some NASA station on it in the 60's
    flyordie44

migwar wrote:

my money is on Ascension Island, which had some NASA station on it in the 60's

What he said... ^^^^^^^^
    karma mojo
    If it is Ascension island which is a NASA station look a shi no numa with the big rock thing it had to come form space and I think 115 in found in space so this map could be how 115 was found and stuff and how they mad the zombies in detail. But how know we need to see what come out in the next few weeks.
    hawk-eye150
    HAs there been like an official notification of this map name? Why does it seem like Im the only one that doesnt know about this?
    Dstr1ck

mikery009 wrote:

Damn thats actually a really logical clue. So from what I've been reading its most likely :Ascension Island, Area51, or the Moon.

Although I sorta doubt its Ascension Island, because the other maps tend to be more general and fictional areas and thats oddly specific.
    BLAQMAMBA 42
    gp to IGN.com and youll find out about the upcoming map pack First Strike

hawk-eye150 wrote:

HAs there been like an official notification of this map name? Why does it seem like Im the only one that doesnt know about this?

Dstr1ck wrote:

Damn thats actually a really logical clue. So from what I've been reading its most likely :Ascension Island, Area51, or the Moon.

Although I sorta doubt its Ascension Island, because the other maps tend to be more general and fictional areas and thats oddly specific.

Although Ascension Island is my first instinct, further thought makes me agree with this chap.

Its for this reason I find it hard to believe it will be either Area 51 or the Moon...

and a lighthouse seems even smaller and windier than "five", unless its a big lighthouse like a tower block
    RUUUN ZOMBIES!
    Although a lighthouse would be good, i don't think that treyarc would do that because they have probably realized that running strategies are key. i think that a lighthouse would be way too narrow to complete these strategies. However if it took place in an office building or apartement han teh name ascencsion would be accurate. I don't know how they could tie the light house or the office to the plot but i beleive that what ever they do, it will be just as exciting as the earlier maps.
    Razerix
    Think about it, Ascension Island could very well be where it takes place. Like Germany, the setting is real, but what is there could be fiction.

After Shi No Numa, the Meteor was brought to Ascension, where it has a secret lab or some sort with a NASA base on it.

Where an exploration of space could have been sent out to find element 115 where the Americans/ Europeans are trying to create a super soldier of their own, just like Germany! Unlikely but you never know.

Wait! They bring the rock to Ascension from Shi No Numa to launch it in to Space, where it belongs and stop the outbreaks from happening! But something goes horribly wrong, the rocket crashes, and another outbreak occurs, similar to the plane crash carrying element 115 on Nacht and everyone working on site was infected.

The map could be a large, circular lab environment, centered around a crashed Rocket with the 115 meteor in the rubbish?

Where the Four "Heros" come in I'm not sure about. Maybe Richtofen knows about a project here at the island and wants it for himself, so they go and investigate? Im not sure, its just a theory but it seems like it would work.
    outofthebox6
    to post above:
    The 4 orginal characters probably won't appear in map, more likely 4 political figures.