1 2 3 Previous Next 109 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2011 8:48 PM by XxTheManXx RSS

Spy Planes Are Just a Free 100XP...

Before I start this small but important issue, I would like to say that I will ignore all "WHO CARES GO BACK TO -insert CoD game here-" or any other nonsense.

Wanted to update because of an issue with Ghost in CTF (read below).

I find it surprising that in other CoDs, there would be 4-6 dots on your radar. I am pretty sure that people that have observed this after playing this game ONCE can say that they see more Ghost than any other Blue perk.

And if this is balanced, than it is ok to Tube across the map for cheap kills.

Some of you may say that there is counters to Ghost, but that is not what I am getting at. An 8 killstreak is hard to come by when there is multiple people running Ghost and making it hard to know where they are EXACTLY coming from.

In CTF, you get a "KILL" icon on the enemy radar when you have the flag when a Spy is up, but if you slap on Ghost you don't appear on the radar. This can make CTF extremly slow and more frustrating when the Ghost player will have a dark colored uniform or a Ghillie suit.

Flak cannot take 30 frags or 5 C4s. Ghost can take on 100 Spy Planes and all of the Helis in the world wont find you. Scavenger is thrown out of the window because of Dual Mags. Lightweight is useless, unless you like the Pro effect. Hardline is less useful because you can't re-roll other packages and one kill isn't a big difference.

You shouldn't get a Ghillie if you do not have a sniper rifle. C'mon, M60 with a Ghillie?   The Lightweight model should be given or Scavenger model.

This thread is not targeting anti-killstreak Ghost users, stealth players, or the ones who want Ghost Pro because you are a completist.

Solutions?
-The player shouldn't get a Ghillie Suit if he does not have a sniper rifle. This one should have been included anyways.
-Every 2nd or 3rd "swipe" of a Spy Plane (after 2-3 are called in) flush out the Ghost abusers.
-Buff up Lightweight +Climb Faster. Dual Mags does not give you excessive ammo. Buff Hardline +Override "Airspace is Full".

Flame away.
  • 1. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Zeppelin928
    i use UAV's all the time there super useful. i rock UAV, attack chopper, dogs and i have a 2.33 k/d so i must be doing something right and i think its the UAV.
  • 2. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....

Zeppelin928 wrote:

i use UAV's all the time there super useful. i rock UAV, attack chopper, dogs and i have a 2.33 k/d so i must be doing something right and i think its the UAV.

Are you going against people who look like they bought the game yesterday?

I am not basing my stuff off of players that are obviously casual and are just going to use Lightweight and probably Hardline.
  • 3. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    kastro187420
    I don't really see the problem. I use the Spy Plane almost always, and typically see around 4 dots, if not more. Yes, there are sometimes less, but that's just because people aren't forced to choose between it and Stopping Power. On average, when I call in my spy plane, It works about as well as you'd expect for a 2-3 killstreak.

I do agree about the Ghillie Suit thing though.. it'd be nice to know if I'm getting ready to rush a Sniper, or a guy with an AK74.
  • 4. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Zeppelin928
    idk i play against who ever match making puts me up against. i have 3 1/2 days played am a 5th prestige and have over 16,000 kills so i think im not just getting lucky being paired up with scrubs all the time.
  • 5. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    powner26
    Ghost ******** ruined Classic TDM.
  • 6. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Megalo
    I use UAV too, and I'll admit, there are games where it is completely useless. Other games where nobody on the opposition uses ghost. But considering how easy it is to build up to the UAV killstreak, I believe it's fair. If UAV had the option to find a person with ghost, it would weaken that perk to non existance. I do agree with you though that ghillie suits should be for sniper classes only.
  • 7. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    I say if you hack an enemy turret with hacker pro+ it should be able to shoot enemy team members with ghost pro+.
  • 8. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....
    Meat Popsicle

Platinumb wrote:

Before I start this small but important issue, I would like to say that I will ignore all "WHO CARES GO BACK TO -insert CoD game here-" or any other nonsense.

I find it surprising that in other CoDs, there would be 4-6 dots on your radar. I am pretty sure that people that have observed this after playing this game ONCE can say that they see more Ghost than any other Blue perk.

And if this is balanced, than the Ump.45 is underpowered.

Some of you may say that there is counters to Ghost, but that is not what I am getting at. An 8 killstreak is hard to come by when there is multiple people running Ghost and making it hard to know where they are EXACTLY coming from.

Not only that, but people use it for anything that is not sniping, stealth, or for trying to take down killstreaks (pro version). Some will slap it on all of their classes that another Blue perk will fit in (A LMG class). I have seen MANY users have the effin' BK-74 (Yes, BK-74u) w/ Grip with it!

Solutions?
    -The player shouldn't get a Ghillie Suit if he does not have a sniper rifle. This one should have been included anyways.
    -Every 2nd or 3rd "swipe" of a Spy Plane flush out the Ghost abusers.
    -I have seen a thread where the OP stated that two or more Spy Planes should show Ghost users. I think this can work out.
    -Keep it as it is and wait for more and more users to get Ghost Pro and have all Air Support become victim to Ghost. <-Bad option.

Flame away.

Since the site seems to think I should log in EVERY time I post, I may not be able to respond or bump this when needed.

I know that Ghost is popular, but I still see more than enough red dots on my radar to justify spy plane usage. From my experience, usually less than half of people I see in game are using Ghost; I see a lot of Flak Jacket and Hardline also lately.

I do agree that it is a powerful perk. In fact I'd say that one thing you said is inaccurate - that there is a counter to Ghost (especially pro). I really don't think there is any counter, other than simply being more observant.

I also think it's the easiest perk to become dependent on. For me, when I switch to one of my non-Ghost classes, I just feel, well, uncomfortable running around exposed like that, even if I shoot down the enemy spy plane. I think that may be more of the reason that so many people use it - once you get used to it, it's hard to go back. I don't know that I actually do better using it over something else, but it always feels like I do.

Honestly I don't think it's reached a point that anything needs to be changed about it. Perhaps a few of the other perk 1s could stand to be buffed a bit to make them more enticing, but I think Ghost is fine. Also, regarding your suggestion that only snipers should get ghillie suits - remember that (especially with the current maps) you don't need to have a sniper rifle to play a sniper-type role - The M-16 w/acog works pretty well for me at long ranges, and I find the ghillie suit appropriate when I use it.
  • 9. Re: Spy Planes Are Useless....

Kastro187420 wrote:

I don't really see the problem. I use the Spy Plane almost always, and typically see around 4 dots, if not more. Yes, there are sometimes less, but that's just because people aren't forced to choose between it and Stopping Power. On average, when I call in my spy plane, It works about as well as you'd expect for a 2-3 killstreak.

I do agree about the Ghillie Suit thing though.. it'd be nice to know if I'm getting ready to rush a Sniper, or a guy with an AK74.

Based off what I see everyday and what my friends on PSN say in their comments, I am pretty sure that Ghost is abused and is rarely used how it was intended to be. Even that one experienced player using Ghost will be a nuisance.

I see why people rather use RC-XDs now. 
1 2 3 Previous Next