1 2 3 4 Previous Next 116 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2013 1:05 AM by Codfish_ Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    albo-time13
    ok, destroy me all you want, im just saying when I can put near flawless scores weaving throughout the map with my baby, the M16, i feel its much more rewarding.

    2.78 all time KD
    5.82 on the week
    4.57 on the month

    you dont need to camp to get a good kill streak, you need to understand movements throughout the map. so when you stay in one place the whole time, you arent analyzing where people are coming and going. Its an effective playstyle sure, but 24-0 whilst it is a good score, i'd much rather have a 43-3 (my best score in a standard TDM)...

    and PLEASE tell me you are camping in a TDM match and not games like domination.
  • 11. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    albo-time13
    im sorry i think i missed the point completely. you are correct in your presumption that "camper" is a stupid insult. however, camping, IMO, is not a play style that seems 100% effective. unless you're the king of campers.
    of course positioning is everything, but as i said, understanding players movements is the key to obtaining the best position possible.
  • 12. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    Campers ain't playing the game, the game is playing campers.Campers aka groundhogs, who plays the game only for k/d. Camping ain't fun.
  • 13. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    Da BladeMasterz
    If you're running an AR/SMG, you got no excuse.

    If you're using a Sniper, well, you don't have much of a choice.
  • 14. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    Once I met the biggest campers of all time.

    He used flak jacket and gasmask.There was other dude, he used scavenger to put claymores on the stairs.


    They camped inside a building in villa.

    They put claymores there and killed people from the building.

    Now ppl did throw there nades, gas, but they didn't effect because of the perks.

    Some people just have a patience, to actually have fun camping.
  • 15. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    macca4671

    k33p1tc00l wrote:

     

    When someone uses "camper" as an insult, they mean a couple of things:

    (1) Person with a higher KDR than me.

    (2) Person smart enough to use positioning to their advantage.

    (3) Person who takes advantage of me running blindly into the same exact spot a couple times per spawn cycle.

    (4) Person who realizes to get a high killstreak (something higher than a care package with hardline) you need to exercise patience and planning.


    Your only recourse to make yourself feel better for playing like an impatient idiot is to call me a camper. Get over it idiots.

    It is better to live than to die in any circumstance. No one is a better player for dying more than another player. I was able to go 23-0, 20-0, and 24-0 BACK TO BACK because I used my brain. My player tag is k33p1tc00l and you can check my combat record. I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me because you decided to go 20-20 and i went 24-1 since i waited to get my dogs and chopper gunner and finish the round.


    You can go 20-0 all you like but at the end of the day it's about points per minute in this cod and not kdr, and so if i run and gun and get a 36-17 score i've effectively earned more points per min than you and so get ranked higher. If i was interested in a kdr rated game i would go and camp in mw2 where your kdr actually meant something. So for you to say you are smarter and others are idiots is quite stupid as even if they have a negative kdr they can still be earning more points per minute than yourself with a 28-34 score for example. If your playing an objective based game you need to be completing the objectives and getting kills as you go to get the decent points per minute scores! Which game mode are you camping in to get those scores?
  • 16. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    JAGBIGS

    k33p1tc00l wrote:

     

    When someone uses "camper" as an insult, they mean a couple of things:

    TRUE(1) Person with a higher KDR than me.

    TRUE(2) Person smart enough to use positioning to their advantage.

    TRUE AND TRUE "WHAT!" (3) Person who takes advantage of me running blindly into the same exact spot a couple times per spawn cycle.

    (4)    Person who realizes to get a high killstreak (something higher than a care package with hardline) you need to exercise patience and planning.


    Your only recourse to make yourself feel better for playing like an impatient idiot is to call me a camper. Get over it idiots.

    It is better to live than to die in any circumstance. No one is a better player for dying more than another player. I was able to go 23-0, 20-0, and 24-0 BACK TO BACK because I used my brain. My player tag is k33p1tc00l and you can check my combat record. I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me because you decided to go 20-20 and i went 24-1 since i waited to get my dogs and chopper gunner and finish the round.


  • 17. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    yboy
    i love campers! THEY ARE THE REASON I GET KILLSTREAKS!!! LoL!!!
  • 18. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    k33p1tc00l

    SHANE523 wrote:

     

    When you sit in a corner in HQ on the opposite side of the map from where the HQ is, there is no tactical skill in that. You are a camper that is only interested in your K/D and not winning. You are afraid to die in a respawn video game.

    So you go 24-1 and lose. That still makes you a loser.

    That is like saying I caught 4 fish to your 1. Well I went deep see fishing and caught it myself where you had someone catch them for you and throw them in a bucket for you to catch with a net. You are a scrub.




    The person who sits in a corner in HQ on the opposite side of the map is "camping," just like the person who runs towards the objective is "running." They are both verbs, and they reflect the player's choice in how to play. But there is nothing wrong with "camping" in and of itself. It is a legitimate strategy that people use so they can break a 1.00 KDR and do something efficient with their spawn, like get killstreaks to help their team, or to clear out enemy teammates that would hamper your objective.

    Your fishing analogy is terrible, and I hope you don't make analogies for a living. Someone who camps is completely capable of catching their own fish, since fish are swimming in all parts of the sea, not just in the "deep sea" where you claim to go. In fact, I like to camp on the enemy's side of the 50 yard line, so every time I catch a fish there, it is the same deep sea fishing you claim to do.
  • 19. Re: To anyone who has used "Camper" as an insult- you're stupid.
    k33p1tc00l

    macca4671 wrote:

     

    k33p1tc00l wrote:

     

    When someone uses "camper" as an insult, they mean a couple of things:

    (1) Person with a higher KDR than me.

    (2) Person smart enough to use positioning to their advantage.

    (3) Person who takes advantage of me running blindly into the same exact spot a couple times per spawn cycle.

    (4) Person who realizes to get a high killstreak (something higher than a care package with hardline) you need to exercise patience and planning.


    Your only recourse to make yourself feel better for playing like an impatient idiot is to call me a camper. Get over it idiots.

    It is better to live than to die in any circumstance. No one is a better player for dying more than another player. I was able to go 23-0, 20-0, and 24-0 BACK TO BACK because I used my brain. My player tag is k33p1tc00l and you can check my combat record. I am smarter than any of you who claim you're better than me because you decided to go 20-20 and i went 24-1 since i waited to get my dogs and chopper gunner and finish the round.


    You can go 20-0 all you like but at the end of the day it's about points per minute in this cod and not kdr, and so if i run and gun and get a 36-17 score i've effectively earned more points per min than you and so get ranked higher. If i was interested in a kdr rated game i would go and camp in mw2 where your kdr actually meant something. So for you to say you are smarter and others are idiots is quite stupid as even if they have a negative kdr they can still be earning more points per minute than yourself with a 28-34 score for example. If your playing an objective based game you need to be completing the objectives and getting kills as you go to get the decent points per minute scores! Which game mode are you camping in to get those scores?




    I started a topic called "BlackOps Leaderboards are illogical; need to be remeasured" for this very reason that ranking by Score Per Minute is stupid. In MW2 your KDR meant nothing for your rank - it was all based on total kills. Please look at this topic:

    http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100375772
1 2 3 4 Previous Next